New Here...

asharksrevenge

Hello everyone,

My name is Jenny and I am considering becoming Muslim. I found this site because I was looking for more information about Islam. I am very interested in Islam and felt like the religion has been calling me since I was a child. I want to look for more information regarding Islam at my local Islamic center but I am afraid. Forgive me if this offends anyone, but I am a white female who has had no experience with Islam before. I am afraid that if I go in my local center, the people there may make me feel unwelcome or will not want me to convert. I have met many Muslims before and they have been more than kind and welcoming, but I am still afraid.

Anyway, I would just like to introduce myself and my background. It's nice to meet you all!

anna

me too!

ello jenny!

how do u do? u said u were afraid , could u pls state ur fears . i mean whats hindering u when u thnk abt converting to islam. maybe ppl here will be better able to help u.
well here i am and i happen to take a lotta interest in u. anyways wish u all da best in this world n da hereafter!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi Jenny, there is no need to be afraid. Islam is a universal religion, and there are peopel who are Muslim from all over the world, from America through to China. Infact China has more Muslims than most Arab countries.. as does Indonesia. :)

Allah will help you with your quest inshaAllah.

Take Care,

Hasib

Hello Sister Jenny,
Welcome to this website and hope you enjoy it here.

I would like to inform you that there many white muslims (many of whom are female) reverts in the west and some of the brothers/sisters here are white muslims. Plus you could see the new mulsim videos section where you will see the experiences of similar people.

Also as the Abu Abdillah (Brother Mabsoot) said it is a universal religion and there should be nothing to fear. I believe that hopefully the people in the islamic centre will be very glad to help and if you have any female muslim friend you could go with her to the place(as she might be able to guide how and when you are to go there).

Also as sister Anna said you could ask in this forum and hopefully get help from many of our brothers and sisters here including me(as much as I can).

And finally pray to Allah to help you and and the brother said Allah will help you with your quest insha-Allah.

Take care

asharksrevenge

Thank you all so much for your kind welcome and sincere advice. I will keep it close to my heart and try to live the way Allah (swt) guides me, insha-allah.

I am mostly afraid of being ostracized, as many people are when starting out on a new path. I don't have a female Muslim friend but hope that I may meet one soon or else get up the nerve to just go alone when the center doesn't look busy. If I am greeting as kindly at the center as I have been at the site I should have no problems, insha-allah.

Thank you!

3assal

Hello Jenny,

There is nothing to be afraid of :) inshAllah you will be accepted in a pleasant manner. I am not sure where you are from, but if you live in the United States or Canada, you can check this link and find a mosque near you :)

http://www.alhijra.org/Resources/islamicCenters.html

InshAllah you will be Guided in the right path.

If you need any assistance feel free to contact me, or any of the other mods:)

3assal :bananabb2in:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: Jenny,

Welcome to this site!:)

Sis there is no need to fear when stepping towards the striaght path.:ma:

May Allah(Swt) guide all of us to the right path. :biggrin: (Ameen)

Sis if you do want to ask any questions about Islam please do so in this site,I think everyone will love to help!;)

:wasalam: :bananabb2in: