New Iranian non-Muslim member

Shahram123

Hello all. It is very nice to meet you. After reading posts for several weeks, I have decided to join the conversation, if I may be so allowed. First, a little bit about myself. I am an Iranian born male in my mid 30's. I was born Muslim but my parents moved from Iran to the US when I was only 6 months old and have never pushed me into any religion. They were never terribly religious, like many Iranians, I would suspect. Islam was and always will be part of my history and heritage, so I identify with it, but do not consider myself Muslim for a few reasons. One, I do not follow the 5 pillars and other requirements of Islam, and the other, I used to be Christian. Growing up around Christians makes you identify with that religion as growing up around Muslims would do the same. As I became older, I began to question Christianity and religion in general. Also, I became severely disallusioned with Zionist Christianity and the genocide and mass murder it's followers accept, far beyond crimes done by some from the Muslim faith. I just don't want to be a part of that. As far as my faith, well, I can't lie to God, so why lie to you guys, I really am unsure at this point in my life. I beleive there is something greater than us, and my personal opinion is that it is naive to think I understand his/her intentions. So yes, I believe there is a God, the rest I'm just not sure about. I identify most with Unitarian Universalists, who accept everybody and do not condemn individual beliefs. There are Christians, Jews, and Muslims there as well as other religions and what those people have in common is that they are all PRO-PEACE and ANTI-OCCUPATION. In other words, they are more in touch with reality than most Americans, that's what I like about those people. I met a Christian couple from that church once at an anti-war rally and one of them had been to Palestine and learned the truth. Anyway, I'm not a member of that religion either, but I am just trying to give you all a picture of who I am spiritually through all this rambling.

My purpose for joining is to hopefully have some good conversation with people who don't think I am the "enemy". I have just about lost all my American friends because I speak my mind. I don't consider myself anti-American at all, I'm just deeply saddened and appalled at how this society has de-evolved into it's current state since 9/11. I do NOT support violence against civilians at all no matter how legit the cause, but I DO support resistance against occupation from foreign military forces, just as if I would support America resistance if we were invaded. I DO NOT have any ill feelings towards Jewish people but I do have a big problem with Israel's policies, which I see as the source of most of the problems in that region.

I am seriously angry about the foreign policy of the US, which served neither the American people nor the people from other countries very well. I don't even think it's beneficial to every day Israelis. I am shocked by the ability of Americans to overlook all the evil actions it's government has performed on other countries that caused this backlash they call the "war on terror". I think they are just very poorly educated and inundated with propoganda that they cannot see. I have waited all my life for relations between Iran and the US to improve and to not hear that pause when I tell someone I am Iranian. We finally had that opportunity with Khatami, and Cheney responds with "We don't talk to evil".

So that's enough, that's my platform. I want all the people to live in peace. I would like to learn more about Islam so I can better educate my American friends, and possibly meet some people who don't think I'm crazy. Sorry I'm so long winded.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
peace be unto you(islamic greetings)

:SMILY206: to TTI looks like you are so eager to do something. hope this helps you learn more about ISLAM. good luck!
:):):)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
My Reversion Story

So looks like that you have atleast the Tawheed in you Farisi Bhai.

Your story about everything is exactly like the case with me, I saw the "Jesus Christ" Movie and started questioning my own faith, Islam. I was thinking as to why would other Non Muslims go to Jahanam, people like them (above) who are so "innocent" because they just beleive that a man was killed because he worshipped "God" and because they follow his teachings.

I felt scared and started thinking to myself, "What if Islam isn't the true religion to follow?" Like as what I grew up and was taught that it was.

So that's why I started to search towards the truth. The true religion. I still beleived in Allah Ta Alla though, but I think I just turned myself away from Islam, but still did Salat, but I seperated myself from Islam.

Until when I started searching towards the Truth I came across IslamWorld.Net, and I started trying to learn about Christianity and Islam over there.

And then I came across the greatest thing I have ever learned about since I was taught about Islam since I was seven years old: The Belif of the Oness
of Allah Ta Alla, that in Islam, Allah Ta Alla rules High on His Throne, Full of Majestic Might and Mercy, and he has No SON, No Offspring, He Rules ALONE, and no one has the Status such as Him.

While in Christianity, they beleive that Allah Ta Alla has bore a Son, Such evil and Wicked things to claim about their Lord. And the others, those of the other faiths, who beleive that the Earth is a God, that a stone is a God, that Idols of Beasts and Images that they have named and their Forefathers have named, are Gods.

THAT is what made me come back to Islam.

Then later on I came across this beautiful story, Tears of Finding the Truth, and I cried and declared,

"La Illaha Illal Laah, Muhamadur Rasul Allah,"

And I knew to myself that Islam IS the true religion, the TRUE Beleif to follow, and from that day on I've taken baby steps into trying to benefit with what is known as Eman (Strength in Faith), and last year I've fallen pretty hard and got into the Haraam that New American Cultures represents (that the youth get caught up into), and I committed sins day and day, for months and months, until one day I looked back at my life, and I was able to feel the tears running down my face as I thought to myself, "What have I become? I was such a good boy the former year, why did I have to betray my Lord, why did I have to Betray Allah Ta Alla? Is the Haraam an enjoyment that I should love, more than my Lord who created me, and who loved me dearly, and who guided me?"

And so after many months of trying to come back to Allah Ta Alla the second time and failing every single time, I knew that I couldn't do this, I can't make myself change, and I knew to myself, that only Allah Ta Alla can make me change.

So I did two Rakah of Tawbah and fell down in Prostration, crying to my Lord to Forgive me, that I dearly regret my evils, that I want to turn away, and turn back to the way I was the former year, when I was "practicing" (< qoute, qoute, as I thought I was), and to make me to NEVER EVER return into the life I was going into, to NEVER EVER come back to these evils that I let myself do, and to make me NEVER EVER Apostate anymore, and to make me be pious, and make these sins NEVER EVER come across me again (that I do not return to them again); and then I sat up, blew my nose, and walked away to another room, my eyes bleary from the ever flowing tears, my face soaked, my nose producing a rapid amount of phlegm (< I'm not joking by the way), and I started to try to mend my ways and start to come back into The Light of my Most Loved, and that is Allah Ta Alla.

There is no women, young girl, or worldly "enjoyment" that can EVER make me love my Lord, because I LOVE him, and I fear Apostating to my Evil Life (which I stopped worrying about) and (worse), \betraying him, then even Jahanam. Now my tears do not flow out of fear of going to the Fires of Hell, but to find the dissapointment of my Lord, and there is no kind of Reward that is better from Allah Ta Alla than his love that he has given me, and the love that I have for him that he has given to me from his Vast Mercy, and I l love the one He loves the most, the one that I would've lost many things in my life if he never existed, Muhammad ibn Abdullah (SAW), who was the beautifulest example for mankind and Jinn, who had such a beautiful character and personality that I cried and cried for him, out of my love for him, and cried asking My Lord to make me be like him, My Role Model.

And till this day, I have set aside those things of the past, and thought about the present and those beautiful moments of Tasting the Sweetness of Loving for The Sake of Allah Ta Alla and the Sweetness of Tasting the Sweetness of Eman which took place before, after I had Become Born Again, and I also look towards the future, and I can see the Future being Hopeful and Beautiful, because one day, I will reunite with those who I loved dearly and who have supported me ever since I've reverted (and returned after I had left), be reunited to those great examples, Fore Fathers of Islam (The Salaf As Salih), and even better, my Eldest Forefather, Muhammad (SAW), who I'd die for, who I want to live, walk, eat, sleep, and brush my teeth like, and etc.

But best of All, I will get to see my Lord, Majestic, Beautiful, and Full of Might on His Throne. And There is Nothing that will make my heart feel more content.......

"And Surely To Allah To Allah Ta Alla belongs all KNowledge."

Surah Nur (The Light)

[yt]7CpYEwzCJkI[/yt]

Love.JPG

salahdin

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Dear Shahram123 i hope you are fine , just wanted to say that ISLAM is a wonderful religion ,a religion of peace, a religion of justice and mercy not as the west picture it . Stay here and you can learn what true ISLAM is .

Believers, uphold justice. Always bear true witness, even if it be against yourself, your parents, or your relatives and regardless of whether the person against whom you are speaking is rich or poor. God is close to people regardless of their material circumstances. Do not be led by emotion, as this may cause you to swerve from the truth. If you distort your testimony, or refuse to testify, remember that God is aware of all your actions." The Holy Quran, Chapter 4, Verse 135

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: little brother abdul hasib, your post has left me practically speechless (which is rare for me!) because it came straight from the heart of a young brother. Jazak Allahu Khair, thank you for being so candid with us, your TTI family :)

dear brother, i trust you will enjoy your stay here on TTI, already when it comes to politics, ridding the world of oppression and peace to humanity we are on the same page :)

i am an irish revert to islam who moved to the states when i was 25 and spend almost 14 years there and just relocated to france this summer. i consider myself one of the senior members, in years only and not in knowledge by any stretch, on the forum, at 39 now but i learn something new here every day. it is so refreshing discussing and sharing views with our TTI family around the globe.

out of curiosity, why do you think that so many iranians that left iran some time ago leave islam behind or is it that they were not really practising religion in the first place? i did notice this over the years i spent in the states that iranians i met with muslim first names were not bothering to fast during ramadan, etc.

looking forward to more discussions with you and i enjoyed your introduction.

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2: Farisi brother...

one of the great teachings of Islam is to THINK about our reality...brother I am sure you do have the blessing as you do think about the religions and our Lord...

Islam is the religion of common sense in which no body can see mistakes in it...

Just be on the way you are..... Try to find out the truth and inshaALLAH you will be suceeded...

may ALLAH (swt) show you the truth and keep you on it till the death and may HE (swt) enter you to Jannathul Firdaus...

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

a_stranger

A story

:SMILY139::SMILY139::SMILY139:

Salman al-Farsi
This is a story of a seeker of Truth, the story of Salman the Persian, gleaned, to begin with, from his own words:
I grew up in the town of Isfahan in Persia in the village of Jayyan. My father was the Dihqan or chief of the village. He was the richest person there and had the biggest house.

Since I was a child my father loved me, more than he loved any other. As time went by his love for me became so strong and overpowering that he feared to lose me or have anything happen to me. So he kept me at home, a veritable prisoner, in the same way that young girls were kept.

I became devoted to the Magian religion so much so that I attained the position of custodian of the fire which we worshipped. My duty was to see that the flames of the fire remained burning and that it did not go out for a single hour, day or night.

My father had a vast estate which yielded an abundant supply of crops. He himself looked after the estate and the harvest. One day he was very busy with his duties as dihqan in the village and he said to me:

"My son, as you see, I am too busy to go out to the estate now. Go and look after matters there for me today."

On my way to the estate, I passed a Christian church and the voices at prayer attracted my attention. I did not know anything about Christianity or about the followers of any other religion throughout the time my father kept me in the house away from people. When I heard the voices of the Christians I entered the church to see what they were doing. I was impressed by their manner of praying and felt drawn to their religion. "By God," I said, "this is better than ours. I shall not leave them until the sun sets."

I asked and was told that the Christian religion originated in Ash-Sham (Greater Syria). I did not go to my father's estate that day and at night, I returned home. My father met me and asked what I had done. I told him about my meeting with the Christians and how I was impressed by their religion. He was dismayed and said:

"My son, there is nothing good in that religion. Your religion and the religion of your forefathers is better."

"No, their religion is better than ours," I insisted.

My father became upset and afraid that I would leave our religion. So he kept me locked up in the house and put a chain on my feet. I managed however to send a message to the Christians asking them to inform me of any caravan going to Syria. Before long they got in touch with me and told me that a caravan was headed for Syria. I managed to unfetter myself and in disguise accompanied the caravan to Syria. There, I asked who was the leading person in the Christian religion and was directed to the bishop of the church. I went up to him and said:

"I want to become a Christian and would like to attach myself to your service, learn from you and pray with you."

The bishop agreed and I entered the church in his service. I soon found out, however, that the man was corrupt. He would order his followers to give money in charity while holding out the promise of blessings to them. When they gave anything to spend in the way of God, however, he would hoard it for himself and not give anything to the poor or needy. In this way he amassed a vast quantity of gold. When the bishop died and the Christians gathered to bury him, I told them of his corrupt practices and, at their request, showed them where he kept their donations. When they saw the large jars filled with gold and silver they said.

"By God, we shall not bury him." They nailed him on a cross and threw stones at him. I continued in the service of the person who replaced him. The new bishop was an ascetic who longed for the Hereafter and engaged in worship day and night. I was greatly devoted to him and spent a long time in his company.

(After his death, Salman attached himself to various Christian religious figures, in Mosul, Nisibis and elsewhere. The last one had told him about the appearance of a Prophet in the land of the Arabs who would have a reputation for strict honesty, one who would accept a gift but would never consume charity (sadaqah) for himself. Salman continues his story.)

A group of Arab leaders from the Kalb tribe passed through Ammuriyah and I asked them to take me with them to the land of the Arabs in return for whatever money I had. They agreed and I paid them. When we reached Wadi al-Qura (a place between Madinah and Syria), they broke their agreement and sold me to a Jew. I worked as a servant for him but eventually he sold me to a nephew of his belonging to the tribe of Banu Qurayzah. This nephew took me with him to Yathrib, the city of palm groves, which is how the Christian at Ammuriyah had described it.

At that time the Prophet was inviting his people in Makkah to Islam but I did not hear anything about him then because of the harsh duties which slavery imposed upon me.

When the Prophet reached Yathrib after his hijrah from Makkah, I was in fact at the top of a palm tree belonging to my master doing some work. My master was sitting under the tree. A nephew of his came up and said:

"May God declare war on the Aws and the Khazraj (the two main Arab tribes of Yathrib). By God, they are now gathering at Quba to meet a man who has today come from Makkah and who claims he is a Prophet."

I felt hot flushes as soon as I heard these words and I began to shiver so violently that I was afraid that I might fall on my master. I quickly got down from the tree and spoke to my master's nephew.

"What did you say? Repeat the news for me."

My master was very angry and gave me a terrible blow. "What does this matter to you'? Go back to what you were doing," he shouted.

That evening, I took some dates that I had gathered and went to the place where the Prophet had alighted. I went up to him and said:

"I have heard that you are a righteous man and that you have companions with you who are strangers and are in need. Here is something from me as sadaqah. I see that you are more deserving of it than others."

The Prophet ordered his companions to eat but he himself did not eat of it. I gathered some more dates and when the Prophet left Quba for Madinah I went to him and said: "I noticed that you did not eat of the sadaqah I gave. This however is a gift for you." Of this gift of dates, both he and his companions ate.

The strict honesty of the Prophet was one of the characteristics that led Salman to believe in him and accept Islam .

Salman was released from slavery by the Prophet who paid his Jewish slave-owner a stipulated price and who himself planted an agreed number of date palms to secure his manumission. After accepting Islam, Salman would say when asked whose son he was:

"I am Salman, the son of Islam from the children of Adam."

Salman was to play an important role in the struggles of the growing Muslim state. At the battle of Khandaq, he proved to be an innovator in military strategy. He suggested digging a ditch or khandaq around Madinah to keep the Quraysh army at bay. When Abu Sufyan, the leader of the Makkans, saw the ditch, he said, "This stratagem has not been employed by the Arabs before."

Salman became known as "Salman the Good". He was a scholar who lived a rough and ascetic life. He had one cloak which he wore and on which he slept. He would not seek the shelter of a roof but stayed under a tree or against a wall. A man once said to him:

"Shall I not build you a house in which to live?" "I have no need of a house," he replied. The man persisted and said, "I know the type of house that would suit you." "Describe it to me," said Salman. "I shall build you a house which if you stand up in it, its roof will hurt your head and if you stretch your legs the wall will hurt them."

Later, as a governor of al-Madain (Ctesiphon) near Baghdad, Salman received a stipend of five thousand dirhams. This he would distribute as sadaqah. He lived from the work of his own hands. When some people came to Madain and saw him working in the palm groves, they said, "You are the amir here and your sustenance is guaranteed and you do this work!"

"I like to eat from the work of my own hands," he replied. Salman however was not extreme in his asceticism. It is related that he once visited Abu ad-Dardaa with whom the Prophet had joined him in brotherhood. He found Abu ad-Dardaas wife in a miserable state and he asked, "What is the matter with you."

"Your brother has no need of anything in this world," she replied.

When Abu ad-Dardaa came, he welcomed Salman and gave him food. Salman told him to eat but Abu ad-Dardaa said, "I am fasting."

"I swear to you that I shall not eat until you eat also."

Salman spent the night there as well. During the night, Abu ad-Dardaa got up but Salman got hold of him and said:

"O Abu ad-Dardaa, your Lord has a right over you. Your family has a right over you and your body has a right over you. Give to each its due."

In the morning, they prayed together and then went out to meet the Prophet, peace be upon him. The Prophet supported Salman in what he had said.

As a scholar, Salman was noted for his vast knowledge and wisdom. Ali said of him that he was like Luqman the Wise. And Kab al-Ahbar said: "Salman is stuffed with knowledge and wisdom--an ocean that does not dry up." Salman had a knowledge of both the Christian scriptures and the Quran in addition to his earlier knowledge of the Zoroastrian religion. Salman in fact translated parts of the Quran into Persian during the life-time of the Prophet. He was thus the first person to translate the Quran into a foreign language.

Salman, because of the influential household in which he grew up, might easily have been a major figure in the sprawling Persian Empire of his time. His search for truth however led him, even before the Prophet had appeared, to renounce a comfortable and affluent life and even to suffer the indignities of slavery. According to the most reliable account, he died in the year thirty five after the hijrah, during the caliphate of Uthman, at Ctesiphon.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
My Farsi brother Shahram123,

Welcome to TTI. I think you are blessed, that is why Allah (SWT) has sent you to TTI. It is because of you brother that I got the opportunity to read the story of Salman Al-Farsi which sister a-stranger has posted.

What a wonderful story !!! Thank you sister a_stranger !

Brother in this universe where human being are born and live a short life is just a test center, and in this universe Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) is hidden from us because if we see the God Almighty with our own eyes then no one will ever disobey Him and so then the purpose of testing will no longer exist. So to inform us about God's existance and his true nature He has sent his messangers to nearly every part of this world and in every civilizations. All these messangers came with some kind of proof or miracles that they were the messanger from God Almighty. And you know what happened to all those previous messages. The last and final messanger was Prophet Mohammad :saw: (peace and blessings be upon him), and appart from his some other miracles he ws given a living miracle too. And this living miracle is Quran.
Allah (SWT) himself has promissed to keep this message intact and so despite the divisions in Muslim the Quran is still the same. (Even the non-Muslims groups like Qadiyani and Nation of Islam etc use the same Quran).

So because of this miracle every human being can experiance the miracle of Prophet Mohammad :saw: whenever they want. It is because of Quran that I am here on TTI. So please study the Quran and you will experiance the truth.

When you will study the Quran you will notice that Quran is not like other books where one chapter discusses one matter and the next chapter discusses another matter in sequence. Quran was revealed to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) in verses, these verses were assembled togather in a way that later verses were inserted according to the instructions of Allah. They were then divided into chapters according to Allah's instructions. So one chapter may discuss several subjects, therefore it helps if someone explains them and provide some background information about those chapters and verses.

In the following website you can find a very good translation as well as explanation of Quran:

http://www.tafheem.net/main.html

On the left there is an Index of chapters and on the right there are contents.
If you want to know the background of a chapter then click "Intro" (which is at the top) and read. Some chapters are long so they are divided into pieces e.g. verse [22-41] etc. It is easy.

Hope this will help you.

Good Luck Brother.
Wassalam.

Islam was and always will be part of my history and heritage, so I identify with it, but do not consider myself Muslim for a few reasons. One, I do not follow the 5 pillars and other requirements of Islam, and the other, I used to be Christian. Growing up around Christians makes you identify with that religion as growing up around Muslims would do the same. As I became older, I began to question Christianity and religion in general.

Hi Shahram,

Chotor asti?! I'm from Afghanistan. I guess it's a small world after all :) I like the fact that you try to use your human intelligence in analyzing world affairs. It holds belief similar to my brothers & sisters here on TTI & around the world. If God wanted to He could of easily made everyone follow the right path, but He gave us free will (which in my humble opinion is one of His greatest manifestations) to choose, to use our intellect, to research, and find Truth.

Islam is not a "religion" but a complete way of life. It answers questions you would of never thought about. It's etiquettes are embedded in our daily life. From how to invite your neighbor for a cup of tea to fighting injustice no matter who it's being reigned upon, be it Muslim or not. Who understands the creation better than the Creator? The Quran dives into the psyche & hearts of men and answers us in the most logical manner. The Quran starts out by saying "This is the Book of which there is no doubt."

The 5 pillars are the fundamentals of our creed. It lays our basic duties & tenants. From praying to helping the poor to fasting from our body (i.e.stomach, eyes, tongue, etc) to performing a pilgrimage to see the biggest & most diverse gathering in the world in Mecca. Islam helps humans both individually on a spiritual level and society collectively, by elevating them and making them equal human beings.

Stick around TTI. Inshallah (God willing) you find this site resourceful with beneficial knowledge. Please ask questions and we will God willing answer your inqueries.

Best Regards,

TheHumbleWun

:SMILY139::SMILY139::SMILY139:

Salman in fact translated parts of the Quran into Persian during the life-time of the Prophet. He was thus the first person to translate the Quran into a foreign language.

This is a interesting fact about Salman al-Farsi. I didn't know. Jazakallah khair.

Shahram123

Thanks for all the replies. I only speak a little Farsi, I am now learning. Actually I understand quite a bit, from my childhood. I understand only the root of one word of the above post, befarmayen. To that I say Motoshakeram. I do really like the teachings of Jesus, and am puzzled why Christians only pick and choose what to follow, at least many American Christians seem to. I have only researched a bit, but the council of Nicea really made me question Christianity. If Jesus is the Son of God, and God himself, then what business is it of a council of men to decide who he is, and then to revise that ruling years later? Makes no sense to me. I really want to learn more about the root and original texts of the Bible where Jesus is claiming to be the only path to heaven, as I understand that the Bible has been translated and revised countless times, unlike the Quran. I want to get a copy of the Quran in english, but am not sure which one to get, there are many and some are more accurate than others, I hear.

As far as the question of Iranians and secularism, I can answer that. The reason is as simple as comparing to secular Christians in western society. It is not that they come to the US and this happens. I think the younger generations that grew up in the time of the Shah changed, and were more open to western culture and ideas, some good and some bad, and this changes people. Many stop practicing religion, even though they still claim ties to it. This is no different than Americans who say they are Christian but who do not go to church and are not actively participating. Now, I do not think this should mean that those who are not actively participating are necessarily less moral. I have found that some of my most all around moral friends are not active church-goers. I do not count church going people who support aggressive war as moral people. Just like I do not count people who support violence agains civilians as moral people. I think something happens to some Christians (I cannot speak for Muslims, I do not know enough of them) in America and other western countries who are religious, where they develop a severe case of double think. One the one hand, the teachings of Jesus apply in full in their lives, but they don't apply to everything. Whereas, it is ok to look the other way in cases of torture and mass murder, and killing of civilians as well as genuine enemies. They are vehemently against abortion and I would love to ask them if a bomb falls on a pregnant Iraqi woman, does that count as an abortion? They are very moral on one sid of their lives, and downright evil on the other. How does the brain develop this way? Obviously not all people are like this, just more than I would like.

Again, I have gone off on a tangent. I will do that quite often. I would like to start another thread in the proper category about dealing with all this rampant socially acceptable racism against Muslims and middle-easterners. I love my fellow American friends but have been very hurt and carry a lot of pain around because of what I have personally experienced in my life and the severe changes in society after 9/11. I don't really have anyone to talk to about that who understands and feels what I feel.

I really want to learn more about the root and original texts of the Bible where Jesus is claiming to be the only path to heaven, as I understand that the Bible has been translated and revised countless times, unlike the Quran. I want to get a copy of the Quran in english, but am not sure which one to get, there are many and some are more accurate than others, I hear.

You are in by no means going off tangent. Those who reflect are wise and have a hunger for Truth. I would like to direct you to this video titled: Who Wrote the Bible?

[vg]2061773048178434620[/vg]

Please take your time to look at the following information in this thread. You'll be suprised by what you'll learn.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043&page=13

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043&page=14

Most translations of the Quran are very similar. The information you'll get out of them is all the same. Here is a popular online version of the Quran: www.quranexplorer.com

Shishani

Staff member
Hello.

First of all, if you know what the Truth is, you should follow it. No matter what your family says or upon what your ancestors were. For verily, the Truth from the Creator of all creation has to be obeyed even if all of humanity would be against you. For verily, He will guide you and He will be sufficient for you.

Secondly, you have to learn about Islaam. The most important thing in Islaam is Tawheed (Oneness of Allaah (God)). "Laa ilaaha illallaah" (none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah). And you have to know why Islaam is the Truth from the Creator of the heavens and the earth. And that Muhammad Ibn 'Abdullaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is the last Messenger of Allaah (Almighty God).

Very important, interesting and beneficial lectures. You must listen/watch them! It'll make things very clear. So this is the first which I advise you to watch/listen to.

-------------------------------------------

Islam For Non Muslims
http://spubs.com/sps/sp_nm.cfm

You really have to read this too, very interesting things here:

General:

Evidence that only Allah is the Creator of life
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/439
The merits of Islam
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/219
Who do Muslims worship?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/4524

A serious dialogue with a Christian
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2690
How to call a Christian to Islam
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/14418

About Tawheed (Oneness of Allaah) etc.

Is there a Creator of this universe?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/4548
THE LORD OF THE WORLDS
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/14010

The real meaning of Tawheed al-Ruboobiyyah (Oneness of Divine Lordship), and those who reject it
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/49025
The Oneness of Allaah
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/13532

The kuffaar ask who created Allaah
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/6660
The answer to the question posed by disbelievers, “Can Allaah create a rock that He cannot lift?”
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/39679

Evidence that Allaah is exalted high above His creation and that He is above the heavens
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/992
Allaah is above His Throne and He is close to us by His Knowledge
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11035
Is it possible to see Allaah in this world?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2734

Claims of divinity
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10032
Discussion with a Christian: The Oneness of God is the message of Jesus and all the Prophets, peace be upon them
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/12628
He is debating with a Christian and is asking: Does God has a spirit?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/50774

Purpose of creation:

The reason why mankind was created
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/45529
A Christian is asking why God created mankind
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11804
What is the purpose of animals and plants on Earth?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/42237

The Words of the Creator (the Qur'aan):

The Qur’aan was revealed by Allaah, not created
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10153

The Messenger of Allaah:

Mankind’s need for the Messengers
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/13957

Evidence for the truth of the Prophethood of Muhammad
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2114

Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11575
Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is the Seal of the Prophets and Messengers
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/113393

Is the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) the best of creation?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/97384

Are the Prophets equal?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/7459

What is the high status of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2036

The superiority of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to all of creation
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10669

Evidence for the superiority of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) over other Prophets
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/83417

Was the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) noor (light) or bashar (a human being)?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/75395

Why do we have to love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) more than any other person?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/14250

The reason why the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led the other Prophets in prayer during the Isra’ (Night Journey)
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/46917

Other:

The mercy of Allaah towards His slaves
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/20468

Answer of one who has become Muslim to the question “Why did you become Muslim”?
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/103524

The creation of man
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref

A Christian asks about the nature and definition of the soul
-> http://islamqa.com/en/ref/4395

You really have to look here too:

Islamic Articles And Important Information
-> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69

In that link you'll see things like these (very important):

Introductory Articles About Islam
-> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah
-> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

And also read about the misconceptions and about the Prophet and other important things in the subforum "Islamic Articles And Important Information".

If you got any questions, ask me. I'll try to answer you with answers from the Qur'aan (the Book of Allaah) and the Sunnah (the way of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) with the understanding of the Companions of the Prophet., in shaa Allaah (God willing).

May the Sustainer of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, the Only One Who is to be worshipped, guide you and us all to His Straight Path which leads to eternal happiness.

Wassalaamu 'alaa manit-taba'al-hudaa. (And peace upon those who follow the Guidance).