New Muslim sister

Masria

assalaamu aleykum

I am a Muslim convert and would like to share my learning process with other Muslims. I love Islam so much but am very saddened at the way Islam is perceived by non Muslims and how this is encouraged by the behaviour of some Muslims.

I came to Islam when I travelled to the Middle East to try to understand Islamic terrorism and what this 'awful' violent book, the Quran, said. Of course I found the truth of Islam and decided very quickly my heart had always been Muslim. After I converted I moved to Egypt and am now happily married to a good Muslim brother - alhamdolillah.

I look forward to sharing thoughts with you.

Masri

salahdin

:salam2:: sis wellcome to this wonderful site and inshaALLAH you will gain knowledge and much more from every one in this site.::wasalam:

assalaamu aleykum

I am a Muslim convert and would like to share my learning process with other Muslims. I love Islam so much but am very saddened at the way Islam is perceived by non Muslims and how this is encouraged by the behaviour of some Muslims.

I came to Islam when I travelled to the Middle East to try to understand Islamic terrorism and what this 'awful' violent book, the Quran, said. Of course I found the truth of Islam and decided very quickly my heart had always been Muslim. After I converted I moved to Egypt and am now happily married to a good Muslim brother - alhamdolillah.

I look forward to sharing thoughts with you.

Masri

Wa alaikum salam sister, I would love to know what Egypt is like, insha'allah my goal is to live some where in the Middle east in the next five or six years from now.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

A very warm welcome sister to Islam and to T T I. It is nice to have you with us. InshaAllah you will like it here and find your stay beneficial.

Hope to hear from you often, inshaAllah

nadirah19

Asalam walikum,

Welcome to TTI...nice to know your story ..im also a revert Alhamdulillah..hope you enjoy your stay here Inshallah

May Allah help us and guide us all. Ameen

take care sis,

Wsalam

Masria

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcomes. I am not sure if I am happy to have been introduced to this forum, there is so much wonderful infomation that I fear I will never get any work done or sleep again.

Wa alaikum salam sister, I would love to know what Egypt is like, insha'allah my goal is to live some where in the Middle east in the next five or six years from now.

I love living in Egypt, although it would not be to everyones taste and living under martial law is very worrying at times. I live in a small farming town, rather than a tourist area, so I don't have to worry about half naked drunks causing trouble. Am in the UK with my family at the moment but I miss Egypt to much, the sounds particularly (not so much the food it is so spicy, so my tummy is having a holiday).

The people are amazingly friendly, warm and welcoming. The one thing that struck me when I first went was their sense of community, I saw a young man fall of his bicycle and spill his basket of bread in the road. Everything just stopped, the cars didn't try to go around him they just stopped in the middle of the main street and about 20 men ran to check the boy was ok, pick up his bicycle and bread and get him back on his way. Can you imagine that happening here?

Of course there are downsides, no broadband, intermitent electricity and water, cultural issues like female circumcision and strangers think they have the right to shout at you in the street because your hijab isn't to their liking.

If you do one day decide to live somewhere in the Middle East please go there for at least a month first and don't look at it with a tourists eyes, consider the downsides and if the good aspects outweigh them. I would never want to come back and live in the UK again but as I say it is not for everyone.

Salaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome to our huge family. InshaAllah you will grow in your faith as we all do. There is a beautiful sister from Egypt on this forum and I think you will become close. I am the 'aapa" here. I am the oldest female and am called the "older sister".
Islam is Love. Welcome.
your aapa.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is nice to meet both of you. I took ramadan off to pray and think. I am not anyone's daddy!

Masria

Salaam,

Welcome to our huge family. InshaAllah you will grow in your faith as we all do. There is a beautiful sister from Egypt on this forum and I think you will become close. I am the 'aapa" here. I am the oldest female and am called the "older sister".
Islam is Love. Welcome.
your aapa.

Salaam sister

We must compare ages, I am rather long in the tooth myself. :shymuslima1:

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
i love ramadhan. Everything is so exciting in ramadhan actually i enjoy it more then Eid itself for some reason.

Masria

LOL that's a first. women actually calling themselves old.
i m just playing aapa's so dont mind me please
:SMILY288:

Oops, I forget all women are meant to claim to be 21. Oh no I am not sure I could cope with being 21 again, could I be 33 again instead it was a good age?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Welcome to the website sister. :) I hope you will feel at home here. We are all one family here, alhamdulillah.

Thanks for sharing your story it is interesting. I hope that more people can see how beautiful Islam is and how Muslim people really are.

May Allah help us all and give us knowledge. May Allah make us those of his slaves who are under the shade of His throne on Day of judgement, and grant us and our families into Paradise. Ameen.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Welcome to TTI sister

nice story that you had ... would it be possible for you to elaborate about it at some point ? ... in your time of course

BTW, "Masri" means "male egyptian" in the Egyptian dialect ... but you maybe know that any way ;)

Wa alaikoom assalam