New Muslims in London

muslimlady

:salam2: brothers and sisters.
There is a family who will be moving to London probably by the end of the year. They are collating information and I thought perhaps the brothers and sisters on this site would be able to assist.

Where does a family with 2 children aged 10 and 14 can go to for the following:
1) Islamic n quran lessons for the children
2) Places to buy halal meats and stuff
3) Eateries or restaurants that are halal
4) Good schools, private or public that the children can be enrolled in
5) Are there places that the children can "hang out" especially for the teenager which will have positive influence on him.

Any other info which will be useful for a family who is totally new to London.
They follow the shafie' school of thought. So they would prefer if the children are thought in the same way so as not to cause confusion at home; its their way of maintaining harmony at home.

Thank you in anciticipation of your assistance.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
<1st> i'm really proud of all muslim here....we are one family here..

<2d> inshaa Allah our brother Mabsoot could help them
due to he is from england..

any wany .... inshaa Allah i'll aske for that our brother in Allah to help them

but surely inshaa Allah Mabsoot is 'll do his best effort to help them

<3rd > sister i'm thankful u

due to u ask 4 help them

that is islam ....Allah create us as one Nation ...

<wasalam alaykum >

muslimlady

move to london

Thats the thing, they want to collate all this information before deciding. Since the children are quite young, they need to take into consideration these factors so that the family is within easy reach of good schools, mosques, halal food joints.

:jazaak:

zarah said:
:bismillah:

:salam2: sister,

What part of London would they be moving into?

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakatuh

Ok, are they from outside UK ??

London is great city, its a mix of different cultures, religions and people. Halal Food is readily available throughout London.. in different areas where there are Muslims.

Of course, how much they are willing to spend in terms of Rent / buying property will make an enormous difference to the place they live.

they want to collate all this information before deciding.

I think it is important for them first to visit London first inshaAllah.. before making any major decisions.

They will need to go through the various areas because where they want to live is a personal choice. And the advice they recieve is from someone else's preferences.

Personally, I would recommend Central London around Regents Park .. Marble Arch, Shepherds Bush... these are good central areas with lots of nice mosques and many Muslims. But this is at Middle to High end of property makret.....

They can travel around and find places near a Mosque.

London is one of the most expensive places to live in the world... there are some other Muslim areas, which are not so expensive, but the surrounding area and schools etc are not going to be as good. Places such as Brixton. .which is high crime area. . . and you have stoke newington a Turkish area.

Some more information about diverse London:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/faith/communities/

Wasalam.