New to this site and to Islam

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
Salam sister and welcome to Islam I am very happy for you. I am also a convert to Islam since Aug. 2006. At first my husband did not like the idea but glory be to God he finally understands and accepts my choice. Don't worry if you don't have all the answers to the many questions I am sure you will get. At first I was in tears because I did not know how to answer the many questions I got. Just tell them that you are new to Islam and will try your best to find the answer for them. Watch out what you read online and make sure it is a true Islamic site because so much false information is spread about the internet. I am 2 hours from the mosque. I wish there was one closer. I also wanted to become Muslim after watching many of the videos on youtube. The one that really brought me to tears and made me want to accept Islam was this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58jpmpT_wco

Thankyou for this link!! I have this song, and seen another clip for it, but i see what you mean, it almost had me in tears its so beautiful!!!
By the way, Welcome to the site :p Told you it was good :)

zasjab

Assalamalaikum sister, allah hu akbar, you have done a great job. May Allah help you with all the information you want this site is really nice, though am a new member to this site.

wasalam

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Asalamualikum sister.
Congrats for finding the truth, all praise 2 Allah for guiding u to the Light.
Action is the biggest measurement of Knowledge.
I hope we all can act upon our knowledge fully.
May Allah (swt) Protect u from all evils and grant u strength.
Here is a link please do view it it summurizes what Islam is about.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15457

If anyone asks u what I slam is about just show them the video.
Jazakallahu Khair.
Remember me in ur dua's.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
All the very best! :)

Salaam

I hope my msg finds you in the best of health and spiritually inclined. i was very happy to read your post. May Allah (SWT) shower on you His infinite Blessings and may you be Blessed with never ending happiness. May this decision bring you success in every step you take in life. Dont worry about what anyone will say. esp your husband, Insha Allah he will also see the truth. as you know, guidance comes only from Allah (SWT), and if he isnt destined to choose this path that you have, then dont be overwhelmed as there are many Messengers in the Islamic history such as Nuh(Noah (AS)) and Lut (AS) that were not able to convince their families to turn to the straight path. Even our last Messenger Prophet Muhammad (SAW) May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon Him, wasnt able to change the way his uncle Abu Talib lived. his uncle until the very end did not become a muslim even though they lived together fora while in his youth. At the moment, try gettinga hold of a copy of an English Translation Quran. I read it heaps. that way you will understand the history of islam and also gain heaps of rewards, Insha Allah. :)

My duas and prayers are coming your way.

Assalmualaikum.