Newly Revert

RyanH001

Asalamualaykum warahmatullah brothers and sisters.

It has been two days since that of reversion to Islam. Some of you may know "www.WhyIslam.org" - and some may not. However they are running with a progam called Icna, (Islamic circle of North America) And that is where I have chosen to convert. However i'm disappointed at the muslim brother who was considered president of the program, When he attempted to teach me the Shahada, I said it the way I knew and simply he said "Thats it, You've said it; And when you say it in your heart you are muslim." I looked at him and said "Shouldn't I speak this before an Imam upon stage?" (Being thats the only time I've seen any Imam's) and he said no, simply because it was time consuming for their program, yet they slack and linger around most of the time.
Rather I was disappointed within the muslim community (ICNA) But it has been two days, and i'm at much peace with myself and others.
Now my only question to you, When performing prayer, I do not know how, and i'm eager to learn so if anyone has a descriptive guide please, it would help so much!
Thank you all, for all the information i've researched here, and be safe!
Wasalamalaykum wa rahamatullah

The shahadah does not need to be said in front of a thousand people. If you say in front of a single person it is fine. And anyway dont get upset at these things.And anyway these feeling are from shaytaan who is playing with your mind. Be happy you are a muslim. God choose you to open your eyes to the right path. May he always protect you and guide you.

Dawoodi

ass salamu alikum warrahmatulahi wabarakatuhu.

MAshalah brother welcome to ISLAM. i'm with u brother i can understand very well ur frustration, but hey dont worry.. u not alone bro you have enter the most beutiful comunity existence in the world and most of all u have now the best partner Allah subhanah wataa'alh.

sure u are going to find many brothers who are not going to paid much attention tu u, but thats becose most dont know how to deal with new reverts they only go as far as welcome u and thats it.. but u will find soon some that will oppen their heart to u and their brotherhood.

most important bro.

be sure you learn as much as u can in a proper order and from good surces, this is becose u are now a new baby born soul and the most desirable target for shaitan, as he is unger becouse u have find the truth, and the only way to be protected from him its knowlege.

you have taken the first step alhamdulillah, u have finded the onnes of Allah subhanah wataa'lah and his guide.

so first learn who is your lord, who is God....this will be find on teachings of TAWHID.

then your creed and his fundamentals. this is call if u dont know jet AQIDAH.

from that point u will be more secure to all the people who will came to you with their personals opinions about islam.

salam walaikum

att Dawood

Delyan

el salam aaleykom

el salam aleykom,

Congratulations, May Allah Reward you brother, Protect u, and Guide u in His Brightness
wa salam
sis delyan

Tahar

Welcome

Congratulations. WA ALLAHO-AKBAR. Yes, I am screaming in my apartment. I am very happy for you. This is a very important event in your life. God willing, everything will fall-into-place afterwards. I know, there is much to learn. But don't worry. Take it slow, go as you learn, and if you need help, just ask the brothers and sisters. You are part of a global community of brotherhood and sisterhood now. And we are here for you.

Please forgive the lack of enthusiasm on the part of that brother who took your "shahada." I understand this is the most important event in your life right now. And God willing, you will immediately start noticing the positive effects of Islam on your life. So rejoice brother. And praise be to Allah.