* News * World news * Pakistan Pakistan mosque shootout leaves 18 injure

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why?

A shootout in a mosque in south-western Pakistan, caused by a dispute over who should lead prayers on one of Islam's most important holidays, has left 18 people injured, police said today.

Followers of the two rival religious leaders pulled out weapons and began shooting after arguing over which one should start Eid al-Adha prayers at a small mosque in the Khuzdar district of Baluchistan province, Javed Ahmed, a police official, said.

Khuzdar is about 550 miles south-west of Islamabad. Many of the region's ethnic Pashtuns carry rifles.

Millions of people throughout Pakistan have been peacefully celebrating Eid al-Adha. The three-day festival – known as the Feast of the Sacrifice – involves the slaughter of sheep and cattle in remembrance of Abraham's near-sacrifice of his son.

Pakistan began the religious holiday a day later than many other countries because of local authorities' interpretation of when the new moon was sighted.

Many mosques have increased security measures to guard against attacks by the Taliban and other Islamist extremists.

Earlier this month, at least 70 people died when a suicide bomber targeted a mosque frequented by anti-Taliban elders and a grenade exploded at another place of worship in Pakistan's north-west.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/17/pakistan-mosque-shootout

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam!

Whaaaat? Subhanallah! Could the shootout have been for some other unknown reason? How can they fight over who leads a prayer??that's crazy!

The closest thing of this sort that i've ever heard was About 2 years ago, when two Imaams at a masjid in my area got into an arguement over who can be an official Imaam for the masjid, which then ended up that one of them rented a building in another city to turn it into a mosque so the other could keep that one and stay as an Imaam....but there was no fight, na`udhu billaah!

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

How can we even dream of having one ummah, which is like one body. A body where if one limb is hurt, the whole body feels the pain. How can we even dream to establish Islam in the world, while we kill our own brothers.

Carrying a rifle isn't bad, as long as the intention is kept proper.

And by the way, little do I buy the talks of western media. They magnify with a thousand lies a little issue, if Muslims are concerned.

Brothers and sisters, we should not be deceived by the lies of this evil media in the west. We all know of their evil intentions.

True Muslims can never attack mosques. They can never kill their brothers like this.

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

absolutely a shame,

I have seen many times a more knowledgeable person sit back and allow others to lead the prayer. The dignity in that is for Allah and not for show.

this is not Islam, just some ignorant fools.

:wasalam: