Nikah question

muhammad.abdullah

:salam2:

I have a really important question about the proceedings of Nikah. I am to go through it inshallah in around 10 days time :SMILY288: and wanted to know who does it go exactly (ofcourse i know roughly how its done).
I mean we are going to have it between zuhar and asr, in a big masjid in UK (dont want to disclose city name). At the time, where will my proposed wife be:muslima: because at the time of the prayer she will be in sisters side praying, I mean will we be present together in the same prayer hall where its done or is it different.
I am quite confused:SMILY27: about and on top of that, the stress of the nikah:SMILY26:, alhamdulillah i am very happy but you know, its a huge responsibility...So, if anyone could take the time to explain how its done in the sunnah or point me in the right direction, i would be grateful..:p

jazakallah kheiran..

muhammad.abdullah

I read this in the book of syaikh Nashir Al Albaani named Adabuz Zifaf.

About Shalat in the same Masjid, no problem at all.
About the Walimah or party, Rasulullah told that Muslim must invite poor men and rich men, without discrimination, or Allahu Ta'ala will give adzab.

The Walimah is for 3 days, so save the food for 3 days, don't waste it in 1 time.

After you're married don't come out of your house after you're a week with her, or when going outside, must always be together for 1 week. If she is a widow, then must be her for 3 days nonstop, according to Al Hadits.

Tell to the audience to say to thee "May blessings of Allah be unto you and may Allah bless you."

When arrive at the wedding chamber, do Shalat 2 Raka'at together (before doing any Jima'). After that touch the top of the head of your wife and recite "Bismillah Allahumma keep us away from Syaithan and keep Syaithan away from us and what you will give through this marriage," Rasulullah said "Whoever say that Du'a before Jima', if from that Jima' the wife will be pregnant, then Syaithan will never be able to touch the baby."

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

well thank you brother, you have been kind but I wanted to know about nikah only, I mean how will the nikah be done, like the what are the steps in which nikah is done. Alhamdulillah i am aware of the after affairs but thanks anyway...Anyone else please...

justme1983

Assalamu alaykum,

MABROOK BROTHER!!!

I think you brothers have been a great help but I think this brother is wanting to know the steps of the ceremony(?) itself. (I'm not familiar with it so forgive me) but I think he's wondering

"I go to the masjid that day and then what happens, step-by-step, from there?"

or

"I go to the masjid as a single man and leave a married man. What happens in between?"​

nori suja'i

Assalamu'elaikum,

If the bride to be is never bn married before, she must be accompanied by her own father (not a stepfather) as a 'walee' or guardian. If her father already passed away, her brother but if no brother, her uncle from her father side. If in case all of them are unable to be located or none muslim, the 'kadhee' (one who knows the shari'ah law) will be as 'walee hakeem'.
Besides these, two sane (not insane) muslim adult are needed as a witness, or two sane muslim women and one man also will do. All of them must be present at the ceremony.
I hope my explanation here is clear as my English is so horrible - sorry about that.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Mabrooooooooooook brother ...
Alhamdulillah things worked out for you...

I attended somebodys nikah only once ,it was small Masjid and men were on one sid women on the other side.Then Imam was giving khutba for the nikah .The bride was sitting on one side with some family members and the guy was sitting on the other side with faamily members also I suppose...
Then she said I agree and he said I agree(dont remember the details)
then women went to womens area and men were in mens area and then we had some snacks with tea and thats it ...
Im not sure if that was islamically correct though,Im just sharing my experience :D

waaleikum salam

nori suja'i

very sorry as i miss something. its just a reminder for the bridegroom to practise the 'lafaz neekah' pronounciation clearly so that the witness will give a green light to say yes they heard it otherwise the bridegroom have to repeat the lafaz again.

muhammad.abdullah

Assalamu alaykum,

MABROOK BROTHER!!!

I think you brothers have been a great help but I think this brother is wanting to know the steps of the ceremony(?) itself. (I'm not familiar with it so forgive me) but I think he's wondering

or

"I go to the masjid as a single man and leave a married man. What happens in between?"​

aoa
mashallah brother,,,may allah give you jaza, its exactly what i wanted to know and i am still waiting for more help...

ws

muslimummah

Just a brother
I have a question

Do the guardian of the sister has to present physically? For example, the sister lives in one country and her guardian lives in another and her guardian are unable to travel? What will happen in this case?

Can the approval done by email or over phone?

justme1983

aoa
mashallah brother,,,may allah give you jaza, its exactly what i wanted to know and i am still waiting for more help...

ws

Wa alaykum salam brother.....I really wish I could help you more. I'm getting married next month as well insha'Allah and I would like to know the steps too! SOMEBODY HELP THIS BROTHER! :tti_sister:

:hijabi: (btw, I'm a sis :hearts: )

muhammad.abdullah

Wa alaykum salam brother.....I really wish I could help you more. I'm getting married next month as well insha'Allah and I would like to know the steps too! SOMEBODY HELP THIS BROTHER! :tti_sister:

:hijabi: (btw, I'm a sis :hearts: )

:mashallah: sister, wow! you amazed me. Mabrook,mabrook!!!!May Allah keep the 2 of you happy, always.

come on brothers and sisters, at least 25% on this forum are married or probably even more. None knows how the nikah ceremony is conducted step by step or is it just a stupid question ?

waslam

justme1983

:mashallah: sister, wow! you amazed me. Mabrook,mabrook!!!!May Allah keep the 2 of you happy, always.

come on brothers and sisters, at least 25% on this forum are married or probably even more. None knows how the nikah ceremony is conducted step by step or is it just a stupid question ?

waslam

NO! I think it's an excellent question...I just think that our brothers and sisters are missing the mark.

Here's what we're both wondering now lol:

or

Somebody help!

muhammad.abdullah

NO! I think it's an excellent question...I just think that our brothers and sisters are missing the mark.

Here's what we're both wondering now lol:

or

Somebody help!

I agree sis, everyone has given us every piece of information that they knew, mashallah, but not what we asked :D

So plz, ONLY BETWEEN "ME AND MY WIFE TO BE ENTERING THE MASJID" AND "LEAVING THE MASJID AS HUSBAND AND WIFE"

jazakallah,
wasalam

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo alaikom

why not call the imam of the masjid and ask him then let us know.... are you shy ;) ...:D

Mabrook again brother and mabrook to you also sister

wasalamo alaikom

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I live in India, and have attended many many many nikah ceremonies/weddings. I'm a sister, so what happens on the girl's side is this: the girl is sitting with her close family members. The Qadi, gawah (witness) and vakeel (lawyer?), come to the sister, and read a quranic verse, and a legal statement stating the mahr that the boy is giving, the boy's name, boy's father's name, girl's name, girl's fathers name. And then he asks her if she accepts this offer? She has to say yes three times. (The Qadi asks the question three times), and then she signs the papers. Then everyone cries a bit :) The girl keeps crying and then her mothers/sisters/friends tell her not to cry because she'll ruin her makeup. :)lol:)

And I haven't really seen what happens on the boys side, but I've heard it on loudspeakers (and I've heard from what my brothers tell me happens there). The qadi, witness and lawyer-person then go over to the boy's side, read the legal statement, state all of the above information, and ask if he accepts to marry? He says yes three times, then signs the papers, then stands up and removes the flowers hiding his face and says salaam to everyone, everyone congratulates him and says waalaikumassalam. Then the nikah is complete. Hooray! :) Then everyone rushes towards the food.

Hope this is the information you wanted.

muhammad.abdullah

Then everyone cries a bit :) The girl keeps crying and then her mothers/sisters/friends tell her not to cry because she'll ruin her makeup. :)lol:)

He says yes three times, then signs the papers, then stands up and removes the flowers hiding his face and says salaam to everyone, everyone congratulates him and says waalaikumassalam. Then the nikah is complete. Hooray! :) Then everyone rushes towards the food.

Hope this is the information you wanted.

mashallah sister mashallah....LOL you made me laugh, but nevertheless, you were the first one to hit on the point really :lol: "Everyone cries a bit" :lol: like its part of the nikah...ha ha ha...subhanallah,,,what a way to put it. "He says yes three times, then signs the papers, then stands up and removes the flowers hiding his face..." :lol: mashallah sister, you remind me of my younger sister, she has a similar way of putting things simply, innocently in a way we all laugh. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a bunch, you really made a crying man laugh, may Allah give you jaza. I was feeling very down for a couple of days for no one but one friend is going to accompany me on the nikah as i am all alone in the United Kingdom. Although my dearest little bride's whole family will be there but....inshallah it will alright

thanks again....
:wasalam:

Kakorot

:salam2: masha'Allaah I'm happy for those who are getting married, insha'Allaah I hope and pray that Allaah makes your marriages successful ameen. :tti_sister:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

mashallah sister mashallah....LOL you made me laugh, but nevertheless, you were the first one to hit on the point really :lol: "Everyone cries a bit" :lol: like its part of the nikah...ha ha ha...subhanallah,,,what a way to put it. "He says yes three times, then signs the papers, then stands up and removes the flowers hiding his face..." :lol: mashallah sister, you remind me of my younger sister, she has a similar way of putting things simply, innocently in a way we all laugh. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a bunch, you really made a crying man laugh, may Allah give you jaza. I was feeling very down for a couple of days for no one but one friend is going to accompany me on the nikah as i am all alone in the United Kingdom. Although my dearest little bride's whole family will be there but....inshallah it will alright

thanks again....
:wasalam:

inshallah, inshallah, it will be all right. I'm happy I could help out in some way.