NIKE? If you sell fake NIKE ,JORDANS,IS IT HARAM?

hamdulliah

SALAM TO ALL. I have a serious problem I am in the retail business and I am competing against other muslims and even family selling FAKE SHOES and CLOTHES to make a living. I carry thre real brand names and im down over 80% of my sales and its hard to survive in this market now. IT is considered a felony if you get caught selling. I will not take the risk because its illegal and I feel its HARAM. IM at the point of giving up. AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nizar83

wa aleikum selem

brother i feel sorry for you, but whats the difference between a ''fake'' nike and a 'real'' nike? i think the difference is the winst-percentage which the american enterprise NIKE gets from so called real nikes..and what they dont get from the bootleg nikes.

however it seems haram, if its illegal by law, to do so..

i will search for a real answer from a real 3allim inshallah!

meanwhile have faith in ALLAH ta3ala, for he is the 1 that provides us with everything! not nike or someone else.

m3a selema

hamdulliah

FAKE NIKE COST $10.US FROM CHINA AND RETAIL IN THE STREETS FROM 25 UP 75. DOLLARS REAL NIKE COST 40.TO 100. RETAIL FOR DOUBLE. SAME IN CLOTHES THEY HAVE CAUGHT SOME BOOTLEGGERS BUT ITS IN EVERY CORNER IN EVERY CITY IN EVERY STARE NOW. UNSTOPPABLE..........................

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
SALAM TO ALL. I have a serious problem I am in the retail business and I am competing against other muslims and even family selling FAKE SHOES and CLOTHES to make a living. I carry thre real brand names and im down over 80% of my sales and its hard to survive in this market now. IT is considered a felony if you get caught selling. I will not take the risk because its illegal and I feel its HARAM. IM at the point of giving up. AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As Salaamu Alaikum, brother i applaud our efforts 2 run a LEGAL business. i didn't have time 2 look up the surah, but 2 paraphrase it deals with how when one person is owed something they want 2 b paid everything they r owed, but, when they owe someone they want a type of half off or 2 settle 4 a lesser amount. i feel ur pain. may ALLAH give u strength 2 endure and may ur devotion 2 dealing HONESTLY b a reward n this life and the hereafter. maybe u should put a sign up that reads REAL whatever so that it gets around that some r selling fakes. may ALLAH make it easy 4 u

A-WAHHAB

brother if the fake nike is illegal then why the administration do not stop such sellers...why dont u complaint..

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I understand that brother. It IS kinda wierd though (adn kinda cool :D) how peopel can bootleg brands and stuff, but yes brother, it IS Haraam to do so.

Because inreality, if you are part of business or run a store, and if you order Nike's online, then you pay them the money, and sell it for more for some profit. THAT'S Halal. But if you somehow buy or make fake ones, the money's going to YOU, and not back to the owners, which is Nike's, and that's considered Stealing, Cheating, and it's Haraam Wealth.

And don't worry brother, because Allah Ta Alla forgives you if you do a sin that you did not know was wrong, for Rasulallah (SAW) has said, "Allah has excused my Ummah from two types of sins, sins that they commited not knowing it was wrong and Haram, and sincs wchich they were forced upon to do."

And may Allah Ta Alla except your Niyaat to stop doing what you feel is wrong, Ameen.

Assalamu Alykum brother, your in Allah Ta Alla's care.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
All I know that it is against the law and u may get sued for a lot money ,a million or so .
I also had a choise when I had my business ,and I chose not to get involved in illegal business ,alhamdulillah ,yes i failed to keep this business and lost money ,but alhamdulillah ,inshaAllah Allah has something better and this life is not something we should be worried about ,when Allah closes one door He always opens another one ,just have a faith in Allah...
InshaAllah u will find something better ,but dont get involved in that illegal business ,even thou u see a lot of people doing it and some muslims also ..

waaleikum salam

Musa abu A'isha

Aussie Muslim
Whomsoever fears Alaah, then Allaah will make a way out for him!

Akhi, you said that there are Muslims who are doing these illegal things and lying to people (passing off fake as original). Advise them, tell them to fear Allaah. Tell them that they are cheating people and Allaah will judge them for this.
Tell them not to fear a fine from the government but rather fear the retribution of Allaah.

If they refuse after time and much advise from many people, advise your Imaam and if he agrees then report these criminals to the police. They should not be able to swindle people and cause your own business to suffer from their sins.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Mashallah. Brother I've also got something to include with what Sister Aishah has said. Waht she said is true, that you shouldn't do it. And this is waht I do, I wigh the odds and evens.

If I stop this (Negative):

I lose a lot of money, my business will close, and things will be harder for me.

Agaisnt that:

Well, what do you fear? Losing your business and moeny, or do you fear Allah Ta Alla.

That's what you've got to do. When doubt comes, think, "Well, do I fear this (losing my moeny or losing something), or do I fear Allah?" And that'll help you.

Assalamu Alykum brother, Peace.

redouane

Salam alikoum my friends, I would like to express my personal opinion on this matter first, the fact that the tendency of doing business nowadays is changing requires from us and more specifically from our scholars the people who know business, economy, laws, the islamic religion and history well to make Ijtihad and give us relevant answers to our daily needs. To answer your question, I have myself looked for a true, honest answer to selling reproductions, factory variants you could call them or fake shoes and what I came to is as long as you are not lying to your customers, insh'allah it will be fine, the thing is you have to be honest with your customers, state clearly that you are selling shoes that are made in china, variants, shoes in colours that have not been released etc if you look at the international seen now, millions of people are making a living out of selling these fake shoes, and on the other hand millions of customers are buying them simply cause they can afford them, cause there is more choice in sizes, colours etc

I myself after a long period of asking scholars etc came to the conclusion that as long as you don't lie to your customers you should be fine insh'allah.
I am in the online business selling these shoes, elhamduleh I sleep well at night simply cause i'm not lying to anybody and obviously making my best to offer the best service possible.

TruthSeeker17

suggestion...kill them with laughter

hire a funny black guy...seriously go to a comedy club and find someone who is hilarious...have him with a megaphone outside of your shoe store holding fake nikes and real nikes and trying to convince ppl that fakes are just lame...the real thing is so much better....imitations are suckers or something like that....lower the price of your shoes....or have a buy 1 get half off deal on airforce ones....that will really get people to buy stuff....

hamdulliah

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY BUT HAMDULLIAH ALL THE TIMES IVR TRIED IN THE PAST ALLAH SWT DIDNT WANT ME TO PROFIT FROM IT NOW I FELL HAVE MY ANSWER FROM SHEAK FAIEZ MOHAMED HOPEFULLY YOU WILL FEEL THE SAME WAY INSHALLAH