Niqab in the light of Quran and sahih Hadith

Status
Not open for further replies.

abou elkacem

:salam2:

Allahu Akbar!!!..

So did this woman go back in time and influence the wives of The Prophet (salla Allaho 'alayhi wassalam) to wear niqab too?!

There's all these Qura'anic verses and hadiths quoted..along with scholarly commentary..and yet you *still* come out saying "Niqab has NOTHING to do with Islam?!!!"...

Watch out for the nafs and what it pushes you to utter out loud ya akhi!...at least if you never *utter* what you think..you wont be held accountable!!!

Allah says in the Qura'an...

"And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: "This is lawful and this is forbidden," so as to invent lies against Allah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allah will never prosper."
[An-Nahl: 116]

And *never prosper* in that verse..doesn't mean..you'll be fired from a job and you can go find another..or excommunicated by a friend or two so you can replace him/her with another..it means..that Allah is cutting you off from His Mercy and His Favor..so fear Allah..for the sake of *your own* well-being..because without Allah's Mercy and Favor..you have *nothing* left for you!!!

*Everything*..*everything* on the face of this earth..has room for argumentation and perhaps even dismissal..EXCEPT..Allah's deen and Rasulullah's Sahih Sunnah..when *anything* from these two is related to us...we have *no choice*..we can *only* say..."we hear, and we obey"..and then commit to *that*..we just continue hearing and obeying!!!

The thread contains excellent researched materials..let's not hijack it..and have others lose on its benefit by getting it closed and thus pushed back into the older pages..

If anyone has an inquiry about further sources on this topic..or would like to have one of the things in it clarified..they're more than welcome to make that inquiry..but if you step in with the intent to *debate* and *argue*..I suggest that you quickly close the thread and move on to something else (and yes this *is* a warning!)..because I really don't want to have to close this thread considering how long it has lasted without *any problems*..

And jazakom Allah khair!

:wasalam:

assalam aleykom , I am sorry but I cant find the word "NIQAB" in the Coran , only the words "jelbab" and "khimar" which refer both to pieces of clothes that have nothing to do with covering the face , or just letting one eye as some scholars say , HIJAB on the other hand does not refer to a special piece of cloth , on the contrary , in the Coran and in the arabic language it refers to the status recommended for the wives of the prophet (pbuh) , it means that they do not have any contact with men , and that they should stay at home , that's why they are called " the mothers of the believers" .

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Akhi, go back and read about the pious women who lived during the times of the Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam (and I am not just taking about the mothers of the believers [May Allah be pleased with them]). You will find that they used to use as much cloth as they owned, to cover themselves. They would unfailingly draw pieces of cloth over their faces when they were in company on non-mahram men.

It is atrocious to claim for someone to claim that practice of observing Niqab is not from Islam or was introduced in the 4th century.

May Allah subhaanaho waa taala guide us. Ameen

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

assalam aleykom , I am sorry but I cant find the word "NIQAB" in the Coran , only the words "jelbab" and "khimar" which refer both to pieces of clothes that have nothing to do with covering the face , or just letting one eye as some scholars say , HIJAB on the other hand does not refer to a special piece of cloth , on the contrary , in the Coran and in the arabic language it refers to the status recommended for the wives of the prophet (pbuh) , it means that they do not have any contact with men , and that they should stay at home , that's why they are called " the mothers of the believers" .

Well akhi..then you have created for yourself an opportunity to make further research on your own or..preferably with a knowledgeable brother..shaikh or Imam..regarding this topic..what you're pointing out can very well become a curious inquiry which can help you find the sound answer Inshallah..my only concern (which I detailed earlier) is that you dismiss a halal or haram thing *on your own* without making thorough..proper..research and understanding everything there's to know about this topic..because it is *safer* for us..per the verse I quoted earlier..

P.S. I noticed akhi that you're from Tunisia..so mashallah Arabic must be your native language..take advantage of that..and look up the materials necessary in Arabic as they are plentiful even online baraka Allaho feek..

Gernada1492

A Muslim
jilbab has been referred by Quran as the think which covers the face.. I guess its surah-e-Nisa?

however, in this time of fitnah, nikab is the best solution. Unless u the face, u wont take any other step

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

I hope this thread does not get closed down because of arguments! :shymuslima1:

I have a quick question though, would it be wrong of me to follow the scholers who say "niqab is not obligatory?"
alhamdulillaah I believe that it's better of for a Muslim woman to follow the foot steps of Ummul Mu'mineen, but sometimes the circumstances do not allow. may Allaah make it easy on us. But I have always believed Niqab to be recommended rather than it been obligatory on us to wear?
may Allaah grant us understanding of our deen.ameen

Gernada1492

A Muslim
not following is another thing while wat is the actually the order, is another thing.. many ppl think that its not obligatory.

The opening verse of 4th chapter of Quraan says "you cant go ahead in Taqwa untill you sacrifice your beloved thing" (it not exact translation)

So , wats the most dearer for sisters.. they know better

muharram23

Staff member
As-Salamu alaykum dear brothers and sisters

We have to understand that when we are talking about matters of figh we should realize that there is room for ikhtilaaf (difference of opinions) but of course on solid and authentic proofs from the Quraan and sunnah.

We should not be extreme in our religion. We should be open minded and be able one day to change our position we are currently in. The more we learn, the more we find out how much in reality we do not know.

Niqaab is a fiqhi issue and as all other fiqhi issues there have been scholars who different about it. But when we talk about the Aqeedah (correct belief about Allah and His attributes) all the scholars of the sunnah were united and agreed opon this. They do not have any difference of opinion in matters of aqeedah.

I do not understand why any brother and sister would discuss what they consider a must about a fiqhi issue (such as niqaab) and force it upon others.

No, that is not how it is done. This is extremes in the religion. We have to understand, as i repeat agan and again, that whenever, there is a difference of opinion amongs great scholars in mattters of fiqh, we have to look at the evidence from both parties. Then we should take that and follow the opinion of that scholar (of course he has proof from quraan and sunnah) that we feel is most correct and leaves no doubts in our hearts. But, we should not look negative at those who do not agree with our decission. If they choose to follow other than us then alhamdulillah.

Note that two scholars can not be correct. One of them is wrong while the other is correct. The prophet :saw: said in hadith about mujtahidoon (scholars who bring rulings) that if he brings a ruling and is correct, then he gets 2 rewards. However, if he brings a ruling and is incorrect, then he gets one reward.

As long as the scholars are of ahlusunnah wal jamaah, those who follow this religion the way the first three generation understood it, then there is no problem in following which ever you believe is more correct.

So, please be patient and considerate that there is room for differing in this religion. But we should never force our opinion upon someone else.

But the more a woman covers, the better it is. A woman who is half naked, is better than a fully naked woman. A fully dressed woman is better than a half naked woman, etc....the more a woman covers, the better it is for her and others no doubt. However, we should not look at those sisters who wear proper hijaab and jilbaab and are modest in a negative way because they do not cover their face. Why? Because there is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars for decades.

Also, please please do not open anymore threads that were opened before. I have NO CLUE why it is hard to search first before opening threads. Threads like these have been opened hundreds of times.

Especially, in these times and fitnas that our sisters are going through, we should not show confusion and hatred amongst us. It causes division and shows the kuffar how week we are.

We should make duaah for all our sisters to be firm and inshaAllah their reward is with Allah.

Having said that, i will close this thread as it will lead to nothing more than just arguments.

Barakallahu feekum

Wassalam

Status
Not open for further replies.