No bake Chocolate-Peanut butter bars

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Something to go along with the homemade peanut butter :)

Ingredients
    • 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
    • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/2 cup white corn syrup
    • 6 ounces chocolate chips(~ 170 grams)
Directions
  1. Heat peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup over low heat to melt. Stir in cereal.
  2. Pat into a 8x8 lightly greased pan.
  3. Melt chocolate chips over low heat or in the microwave (optional: add a tablespoon of butter to chocolate for easier cutting later on) and spread over top. Cool until firm.

Disclaimer: I made this yesterday. It didn't taste that good according to me, maybe kids will like it.

friend263

Tabassumchocolate chips post: 605606 said:

Something to go along with the homemade peanut butter :)

Ingredients
    • 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
    • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/2 cup white corn syrup
    • 6 ounces chocolate chips(~ 170 grams)
Directions
  1. Heat peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup over low heat to melt. Stir in cereal.
  2. Pat into a 8x8 lightly greased pan.
  3. Melt chocolate chips over low heat or in the microwave (optional: add a tablespoon of butter to chocolate for easier cutting later on) and spread over top. Cool until firm.

Disclaimer: I made this yesterday. It didn't taste that good according to me, maybe kids will like it.
Where can i get choclate chips amd what is corn syrup also where can i get peanut butter

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Where can i get choclate chips amd what is corn syrup also where can i get peanut butter

You can make peanut butter by yourself:

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/homemade-peanut-butter.94231/

Corn syrup: a food syrup, which is made from the starch of maize. It is possible to use other kind of syrup/molasses too.

Chocolate chips: are small chunks of chocolate. They are often sold in a round, flat-bottomed teardrop shape. They are available in numerous sizes, from large to miniature, but are usually less than 1 cm in diameter. Another variety of chocolate chips is rectangular or square chocolate chunks.

If you cant find chocolate chips, you can use dark chocolate and by knife cut it as small pieces.

friend263

Anote="sister herb, post: 605809, member: 6103"]You can make peanut butter by yourself:

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/homemade-peanut-butter.94231/

Corn syrup: a food syrup, which is made from the starch of maize. It is possible to use other kind of syrup/molasses too.

Chocolate chips: are small chunks of chocolate. They are often sold in a round, flat-bottomed teardrop shape. They are available in numerous sizes, from large to miniature, but are usually less than 1 cm in diameter. Another variety of chocolate chips is rectangular or square chocolate chunks.

If you cant find chocolate chips, you can use dark chocolate and by knife cut it as small pieces.[/quote]
And wherr can i find dark chocola

te? Im sorty for soo many questions but the problem is im very find of cooking butvi live in a very small town and cant find anything... few days back me and my husband went to search cake mould but we came back empty handed i think
handed i think i should be in touch with any sister who lives in india and at a place where everything is easily available and she can help me buy things for me and can courier me and i will transfer the money through either money order or through cheque aor account transfer... can u help me sis tabbassum... or can any ither sister pleas e????

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Sister friend, I also live in a small city. You can easily get peanut butter from any general grocery story - ask them for Fun Foods Peanut Butter or Skippy Peanut butter. (The fun foods one is less expensive). So far whenever I wanted to use chocolate in baking, I was using a normal plain dairy milk chocolate, but I found out that the cake shop where they make pastries, they sell choco chips in the mornings, so I got like 100gms from there. Again, if you can find loose choco chips like this from the place wherever they make cakes/pastries, it'll be less expensive than using something like dairy milk. Ask the shopkeeper.

Maple syrup isn't available in India, at least its not available in my city. I got mine from somebody from abroad. But you can use perhaps a teaspoon of honey as a substitute?

I won't ask the exact city, sis... but which state do you live in? I'm sure you'll find peanut butter and choco chips easily.

You know, the shopkeepers are very friendly. If you ask one of them to next time get you supplies of peanut butter from somewhere, they can do that.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
And dark chocolate = bournville. I hope that answers your questions, but bournville is really expensive, lol. Better using regular choco chips.