No Marriage

Mai moslemah

Greating / salam everyone

I am new to this forum ,Mashaa Allah great one.I am interested in the following question and listen to your thought especially form western Muslims

What benefit or harm can cause to a society if marriage lost its importance and become merely a nice tradition ?!

I was talking to a Swedish and he said that today in Sweden un married woman demand same economical benefit as married woman .. both of them will have the same right and there is no difference between married or unmarried couples .So marriage is not more than a nice tradition for some people.

Do you think that it will come an age when we look at marriage as something our grandfathers used to do and we dont need it anymore !

Can we expect what benefit or harm can be caused to the individual and the society if this happened ?!

Your sister

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Marriage is 50% of our faith. There will never come a time when marriage will be a "grandfather tradition".
Let me tell you like it is: every woman wants to get married..they will take the cohabitation as a precursor to marriage hoping it will lead to marriage..but marriage is the backbone to society.
I am bemused today...it is a funny thing but gays want marriage rights. Why, because it the backbone of community.

saba urooj

Salaam,

I am bemused today...it is a funny thing but gays want marriage rights. Why, because it the backbone of community.

LOL:lol: :astag:

well i dnt knw anything abt swedish culture,but i do knw lots f ppl , who hd been involve in all kinda f haram things,but ultimately wants to settle down in thr life with someone wth whom they can hv peace f thr mind.
no matter how long u ignore marriage but at end f a day u need to hv someone solely 4 u.

sumaya_graham

Assalam alaikum,

Apart from getting you rights marriage is about security too. Insha Allah when you get married it's because you want to be with that person forever and they want to be with you.

The problem nowadays is that people just can't commit themselves, if they don't get married then it is easy just to drop somebody that you get fed up of. People don't work at marriage as they used, if they have an argument they just move out and thats it.

It's very sad, I think that when you love someone it for life and you should work things out when there are difficulties. In the end there just won't be any stability with things and love with just be a passing phase. By the way I'm talking about non-muslims here, just to avoid confussion!!

Fi amanillah,
Sumaya

dianne

Salam,

Islam, unlike other religions is a strong advocate of marriage. There is no place for celibacy like, for example the Roman Catholic priests and nuns. The prophet (pbuh) has said "there is no celibacy in Islam.

Marriage is a religious duty and is consequently a moral safeguard as well as a social necessity. Islam does not equal celibacy with high "taqwa" / "Iman". The prophet has also said, "Marriage is my tradition who so ever keeps away there from is not from amongst me".

Marriage acts as an outlet for sexual needs and regulate it so one does not become a slave to his/ her desires.

It is a social necessity because through marriage, families are established and the family is the fundamental unit of our society. Furthermore, marriage is the only legitimate or halal way to indulge in intimacy between a man and a woman.

Islam takes a middle of the road position to sexual relations , it neither condemns it like certain religions, nor does it allow it freely. Islam urges us to control and regulate our desires, whatever they may be so that we remain dignified and not become like animals.
The word "zawj" is used in the Qur'an to mean a pair or a mate. In general it usage refers to marriage. The general purpose of marriage is that the sexes can provide company to one another, love to one another, procreate children and live in peace and tranquility to the commandments of Allah.

* Marriage serves as a means to emotional and sexual gratification and as a means of tension reduction. It is also a form of Ibadah because it is obeying Allah and his messenger - i.e. Marriage is seen as the only possible way for the sexes to unite. One could choose to live in sin, however by choosing marriage one is displaying obedience to Allah.

Marriage is "mithaq" - a solemn covenant (agreement). It is not a matter which can be taken lightly. It should be entered into with total commitment and full knowledge of what it involves. It is not like buying a new dress where you can exchange it if you don't like it. Your partner should be your choice for life. One should be mature enough to understand the demands of marriage so that the union can be a lasting one.
According to Imams Abu Hanifah, Ahmad ibn Hanbal and Malik ibn Anas, marriage is recommendatory, however in certain individuals it becomes wajib/obligatory. Imam Shaafi'i considers it to be nafl or mubah (preferable). The general opinion is that if a person, male or female fears that if he/she does not marry they will commit fornication, then marriage becomes "wajib". If a person has strong sexual urges then it becomes "wajib" for that person to marry. Marriage should not be put off or delayed especially if one has the means to do so.

A man, however should not marry if he or she does not possess the means to maintain a wife and future family, or if he has no sex drive or if dislikes children, or if he feels marriage will seriously affect his religious obligation.

The general principle is that prophet (pbuh) enjoined up in the followers to marry.

He said "when a man marries, he has fulfilled half of his religion , so let him fear Allah regarding the remaining half." This hadith is narrated by Anas. Islam greatly encourages marriage because it shields one from and upholds the family unit which Islam places great importance.

Wassalam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Marriage is so beautiful, as it brings two people together spiritually, emotionally, and physically. It is a bond between two people that is so special. Allah, in His infinite wisdom has created this union between two people to help each other towards Jannah-tul-Firdaus. It is the only halal means for us to come together. As in the catholic religion, where the priest or nuns cannot marry or have intimate relations, this is not the way we were meant to be. We need that other half in our lives to keep us from the haraam. Marriage is teamwork, the husband and wife must work together to make things work. Marriage is only what you make it, its a beautiful thing, mashallah,

Musulmanin

Salaam,

Marriage is 50% of our faith. There will never come a time when marriage will be a "grandfather tradition".
Let me tell you like it is: every woman wants to get married..they will take the cohabitation as a precursor to marriage hoping it will lead to marriage..but marriage is the backbone to society.

Well said!

Faisel

Thats Right

:salam2:
Marriage is so beautiful, as it brings two people together spiritually, emotionally, and physically. It is a bond between two people that is so special. Allah, in His infinite wisdom has created this union between two people to help each other towards Jannah-tul-Firdaus. It is the only halal means for us to come together. As in the catholic religion, where the priest or nuns cannot marry or have intimate relations, this is not the way we were meant to be. We need that other half in our lives to keep us from the haraam. Marriage is teamwork, the husband and wife must work together to make things work. Marriage is only what you make it, its a beautiful thing, mashallah,

I like to add only is that when The Almigty creates this whole universe that today we live in he creates in pairs,everything in this universe is in pair and when we are talking bout Marraige is the Half of the Religion, see how big and sacred thing to Muslim.

for more plz visit www.islamweb.net

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
I don't think marriage will be something our grandfathers used to do but i think some things about marriage will change and i can kind believe that will not be grandfather tradiation but i think the age we as islam get marry will change especial in young sisters side cos these today's sisters are going to college and you see a lot of sister working hard in school and waiting to finish their education first and parents are making sure that plus they are encouraging their daughters to educated themsleve. But like the sister said 50% of faith is marriage so sisters will get marry but in different age than they would back home. I think there will be a lot fo benefits cos sisters & brothers are being educated and are more like to strength the islamic faith in the western & back home. Like i say education is the key to better life and everything.