No more Snickers

aisha16

Assalam Allaykum

I was wondering is this just in the Uk or all over the world were candybars such as these are sold.

Jazakaal hu khair

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
I was just watching ISLAM CHANNEL, there a Sheikh mentioned that its not good for a believer to spread whatever he hears, especially sensitive matters relating to HARAM and HALAL. I hope thats obviously in minds of most people who would read the news.
And he was refering exactly to those chocolate items because a viewer called and ask about it being halal or not.
But he did not say its halal or haram. Overall if a believer is suspicious, then its better avoid to it but he should not go and tell others to avoid it until and unless the SCHOLARS come up with a decision.
So I think we get response from SCHOLARS soon.
Allahu Aleem
wa/salam

asha

Assalam Allaykum

I was wondering is this just in the Uk or all over the world were candybars such as these are sold.

Jazakaal hu khair

do you mean your name is all over the world or what do you mean
if you are talk about the name it is all over the world because it is nice name and l like that name aisha or asha.

aisha16

do you mean your name is all over the world or what do you mean
if you are talk about the name it is all over the world because it is nice name and l like that name aisha or asha.

no i meant the candy name is all over the world, as in snickers and the like is sold here in the U.S., as well as in other countries, such as the UK. :)

Sorry i wasn't clear, lol and no it isn't my real name, but yes it is the most beautiful I think too. :)

Hussain Muhammad, JazaakAllah for the words of wisdom, i agree with you. :)

Ali_Ibrahim

not to make anyone upset... but i dont think it's a big problem because it doesn't contain any khanzeer ya know?.. i mean, to the people who are vegans/vegetarians, yes its a downfall for them but as far as i know, calves are baby cows, cows are halal.

islam101

servant of Allah SWT

Asalamu Alakioum,

just in response to the last comment....if a product has any animal derived bi-product and the animal used is not slaughtered Islamically, it becomes forbidden. It is not only forbidden if it is pig bi-product. therefore any product with rennet from a cow that is not slaughtered in a halal manner becomes haram and we incurr sin for its consumption.

Jazak Allah Kheir.

Wasalam.