no one knows for sure when ramadan starts so

milbes12345

okay like since no one knows for sure when ramadan starts
can everyone tell me when they are starting cuz i want to start on the earliest day possible

where i live (california) we start on thursday but if anyone is starting before that
let me know

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Ramadan starts on the sighting of the moon inshallah. I am sure someone will post when to start fasting as soon as the moon is sighted.:wasalam:

A

abdul ghaleeb

in canada we start on thursday too

this is very confusing....

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

If you have a masjid or a scholar in your area try to contact them or leave your number for them to call you when you need to fast :) I usually just go to the masjid when everyone looks for the moon....

:wasalam:

Aliyah206

assalamu alikum
yes dear, inshallah here in seattle we're expecting to be on wednesday..again it all depend on the moon sighting like the sistah said ..inshallah

milbes12345

dont be confused brother abdul as long as you have the intention allah will be happy with you so do not burden your mind

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well on the Islam Channel yesterday they had this Moon Sighting debate thing, with four of the Sheikhs. And from what i understand, (the second sheikh) said that Ramadan will start on Thursday. I think he knows something to do with Astronomy because he had some evidence with him. Saudi seem to be starting on Wednesday. < I dont know why?

Its quite confusing, but i think i will just go with the local Mosque and pretty much what many people will be doing, starting on Thursday.

Wasalam

sumaya_graham

Assalam alaikum

Assalam alaikum,

Well Insha Allah we start Ramadan on Thursday but we never know until the night before at about 11pm or something. Patience I'm afraid is needed with things and don't do too much forward planning Insha Allah.

Fi amanillah,
Sumaya