No one respects me.

uk_brother786

Salaam

I am a kind person but i am slowly not kind any more because no one respects me.

For example:

i'm always visit my grandparents every weekend, they are so happy to see me, i am so kind and respect them so much. When i go home, they are talking back of me to other people. That is not nice, i decided to give up visit to them but once every month and they wonder why i couldnt visit them any more.

Other:

When i go to the work, i am always friendly to anyone but when i am doing something wrong and they are angry with me. When a bad person doing wrong but they did not angry and they are laughing and enjoying. i dont understand it...i am a very good man to my workmates. i feel i have done something wrong but i have check myself but nothing wrong witjh me.

Thats why i am slowly to be a unkind man...i am being hard man because no respects me.

But its not a good idea, innit?

Need your advice.

Thanks

WaSalaam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
Just ignore their back-biting ways. Allah (SWT) protects His slaves, so they can't do any harm to you other than words. I would say confront them to let them know that you know what they're saying, then go about your business. But don't cut off ties with your grandparents! Allah (SWT) doesn't want us to cut off family ties.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum, you must continue going to visit your family as before, even if they say bad things about you.

The Prophet:saw: said, "Allah says: I am Ar-Rahman (the most merciful) and I have created kinship (that is rahim) and given it a name which is derived from My name. He who fosters it I will bless, and he who severs it I will sever."(Bukhari)

Abu Ayyub al-Ansari told him that a bedouin came to the Prophet:saw:, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, while he was travelling. He asked, "Tell me what will bring me near to the Garden and keep me far from the Fire." He replied, "Worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him, perform the prayer, pay zakat, and maintain ties of kinship." (Bukhari)
Abu Hurayra said, "A man came to the Prophet:saw:, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, 'Messenger of Allah! I have relatives with whom I maintain ties while they cut me off. I am good to them while they are bad to me. They behave foolishly towards me while I am forbearing towards them.' The Prophet said, 'If things are as you said, it is as if you were putting hot ashes on them and you will not lack a supporter against them from Allah as long as you continue to do that.'"[Bukhari)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Good one bro! That's exactly what I did, have no kindness and make them only be able to say something like shut up or what ever and feel hurt. Since the thing with your grandparents, yeah I know you got upseet and just leave them since they were mean.

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
Assalamu Alaykum, you must continue going to visit your family as before, even if they say bad things about you.

The Prophet:saw: said, "Allah says: I am Ar-Rahman (the most merciful) and I have created kinship (that is rahim) and given it a name which is derived from My name. He who fosters it I will bless, and he who severs it I will sever."(Bukhari)

Abu Ayyub al-Ansari told him that a bedouin came to the Prophet:saw:, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, while he was travelling. He asked, "Tell me what will bring me near to the Garden and keep me far from the Fire." He replied, "Worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him, perform the prayer, pay zakat, and maintain ties of kinship." (Bukhari)
Abu Hurayra said, "A man came to the Prophet:saw:, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, 'Messenger of Allah! I have relatives with whom I maintain ties while they cut me off. I am good to them while they are bad to me. They behave foolishly towards me while I am forbearing towards them.' The Prophet said, 'If things are as you said, it is as if you were putting hot ashes on them and you will not lack a supporter against them from Allah as long as you continue to do that.'"[Bukhari)

Too Good...
Excellent...

arabiantxn

:salam2:
Look at it this way the reason why people are upset when you do some thing wrong is because they care for you.

Look at it this way you come and post here we listen to your post and depending on what it is we get happy or sad. We would tell you something you might not want to hear but we will tell you cause we consider you to be ours.

salam

what ever you do, do it for the shake of Allah.

some people will never be satisfied with you.

anything anyone does, that person is accounted for it.

doing bad or been rood would not help in any way with most of people.

doing everything for the shake of Allah, you get reward for it and you would not feel bad if they did not act nice back with you.

patience is the key to many things
inalaha maha shabirin ( Allah is with those who have patience)

sistadinn

wa alaykum as-salam wr wb

(sorry my english isn't good enough to say whatever I want to, but I'll try anyway... so forgive me for the mistakes I do)

my brother, you don't have to change...
if you are kind, just be kind, and always keep smilin' !!!
only Allah ta'ala deserve your change... and for Him you can only change in a good way...

if people are talking back of you, just thank Allah azawajal, because they are giving you hassanath !!! lol
you just don't know how it is good to you !!!

I try to translate you a good story...

one man heard once that another one was talking back of him...
he was telling such bad things..
When he knew it, he had a big smile...
he then offered a big plate full of honeys and chocolate to the one who was talking back of him
he put a paper where he wrote :
"I don't know if this could give me as much hassanath as you gave me"

do you understand the meaning of the story ???
I hope you do... :shymuslima1:

mohim... the most important thing to keep in mind is Allah's ta'ala satisfaction

please don't change... just remember how Sayyidina Muhammad sws used to act, and keep your head up !!!

Allah y awnek akhi fillah

wa-s-salamu alaykum wr wb

sistadinn

bismillah

I just wanted to add :

WE, your brothers and sisters fillah, DO RESPECT YOU !!!

:)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Well I've been a let down kid since kindergarden and pre-shcool. And maybe your grans are just misunderstanding who the REAL you is and they might have doughts about you. So maybe you can stop visiting after a long time. Well, maybe in a couple of years... Just kidding brother! loL I love laughing! These kids in my class went to jail for a feild trip and my friends and I laughed and said they'll come back in a couple of years.*snortsmirk*
(ponders) Well back to your grans now. Yeah you should cool of a little bro and visit them after a longer time and they'll miss you and they'll know you got upset about that they talked behind your back inshallah.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: Akhi,

Just pray to Allah(Swt) and everything will be fine inshallah.

Brother if you know you are a good man,why be unkind toward people for petty reason.Inshallah be as kind as you can and be patient.:tti_sister:

:wasalam: :blackhijab:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

Dear brother (akhi - my brother in arabic;))

As many of the brothers and sisters (may Allah (swt) reward them all) advised you to continue your kindness towards your relatives and others, I want to incourage you too not to stop your visiting your relatives.

As for the issue that people misuse your kindness, don't worry about it, because people can be ignorant just because you are kind, indeed you insha'Allah will be rewarded for your kindness if you focus on what Allah (swt) wants you to be and take no notice of the ignorants.

I wish I was always kind as you say you are. :)

Take care brother.

wasalaam.