Not allowed to marry.

YellowAbaya

As-sallaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah.

I was wondering if someone of you could help me out with my problem.

Me, and a brother want to marry with eachother. We met 5 months ago in Morocco @ the wedding of a far niece, we haven't spoke to eachother but we had one quick eyecontact which made my heart feel really touched, and we both didn't look at eachother anymore.

When the wedding was over, he asked someone of my family who I was and they told him that I am (...), daughter of Ahmad. When he heard that, he was shocked, because in the history someone of his family had a big major fight with my grandma and from now so far my dad too. But he found this out too late and he already started to love me.

He still wants to marry me, but he is already sure that my dad will reject him, just because he is the little brother of the one he had a fight with. This is killing me a lot, because I self love this brother too. He's still studying now though, but he has a house of himself and when he finishes his study he will be able to have a good job. He told his mother (and his wholy family btw) about this and she told him she would try anything to get me married with him.

Lately, I've told my mother about him honestly, and she got really angry. She told me that I had to break my contact with him and that I could get someone better than him, who lives in the Netherlands just like me.

Her words really broke my heart, because I only want to be married with this brother, the halal way. And I told her honestly I wanted to marry him. I have contact with him though the words of my mother, I just can't get him out of my head, I've tried many things and he either.

But if this all was the reaction of my mother, I'm really concerned about what my dad will say. When he heard that this brother want to marry me, by gossips of my family @ the wedding, he started laughing hard and telling that he is a jerk.

And some people of this brother his family had done bad things with my family, but we need to forgive and to forget fi sabillilah.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Mafaza_Muslimah

WaAlikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullah

First of all, Make salaat-ul-isitkhaarah and let your brother talk to your father....... i think u know tht Salat ul Istakhaarah is the best way to be on a right way in future in any action ur going to be perform.......

After that u will see the results ....if u r correct in ur action Allah make Easier for you to overcome any problem.........INSHALLAH....

May Allah grant you what is best for you in this life and the Hereafter........AMEEN!!!

http://makkah.wordpress.com/2006/12/25/before-any-major-decision-pray-salat-ul-istikhara/ here u can find a right way to make salaat ul istkhara

WaAssalam ALikum

Mafaza

muhsinah

Wa alaykumu salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
Yeah, I agree with sister Mafaza; you should perform istikhara and if, after it, you feel that this brother is the right person for you, make lots of dua for Allah to facilitate your union. Make dua every day, every prayer....for Allah has Power over Everything. Put your trust in Allah and invoke Him constantly.
MAy Allah guide you to the right decision.

Wa salam.