NOT FASTING RAMADAN??

helpinghumanity

salam:

First of all i would like to thank all the brothers and sister who advised me through that panic time.

It was a difficult situation to tackle, but when i became to read that post again(though after long time) all of my anger was diluted. When i read the reply of my small little cute brother ABDUL HASIB i couldn't resist to stop laughing. My anger was diminished as a result of him. After that sister MIRAJMOM advised like a mother which couldn't resist me in postponing my decision. It was more like a family experience...a small brother,,,suggestion like a mother and soo on...

However coming to the point....some brothers and sisters whom i know are not fasting in this Ramadan. This could be probably that they don't know nothing about Ramadan or even Islam. So i decided to compile a small article in which i could explain them the benefits of FASTING....why we should fast? why Muslims are bind to fast???wht does our religion says about it etc.....
however i would also want them to know that fasting is FARD......if they skip it then wht kind of punishments are waiting for them etc.....

i want the suggestion of brothers and sister.....but plz keep the tone low b/c those sister or brothers might not know about it.....

palestine

Servant of Allah
ok, well it's gonna take me a while but i'll write a letter inshaAllah and post here for you, if you like how it sounds you can give it to them, if not then just move on from it. asalamu alaykum, don't worry it wont' take me too long and inshaAllah the tone will be nice.

palestine

Servant of Allah
ok here is my letter. pick and choose what you want from it inshaAllah.

"Asalamu alaykum wrwb, dear brother/sister i greet you with the highest greeting of islam, the greeting between Muslims, the greeting of salam. Brother/sister life goes fast, and while it goes fast akhira comes to us nearer each and everyday. No one on earth is decreasing in age, but rather increasing- and so the questions we must ask ourselves is "what can we do to take advantage of our time on this earth? what are the things that please our lord Allah that we need to do or say? another question we muslims need to ask ourself is "are we prepared for the afterlife"? "Have we submitted to Allah swt the way we should've?" After answering these questions on our own, most of us realize that we truly have not submitted and that we have not done what we should as muslims, as believers in Allah swt. As Muslims we are required to do many things commanded by Allah almighty. Including these things is praying and fasting. praying is the the connection between the servant (us) and his/her Lord Allah swt. another is fasting, which in our deen has many benefits and rewards from Allah swt. We are in the month of Ramadan and the doors of shaytan are closed. It is one of the best opportunities for us to truly become good Muslims, and to control ourselves in times of anger or depression. Alhamdulillah not only does it have the benefit mentioned but also the fasting person is respected by Allah almighty and pleased with by Allah. When a person fasts and he has done this for the sake of his lord Allah, he gets immensely rewarded by the creator, sustainer, provider and protector- our lord. the odor that comes out of the fasting person's mouth is better than that of any perfume. Dear brother/sister Jannah is what we want to attain, and in order to attain that paradise we desire so much we must do what Allah commands us and we must leave behind what He prohibits us from. The prophet s.a.w said:"None of you truly believes until you wish for your brother what you wish for yourself". on remembering this hadeeth i thought i would remind you of what fasting means, and its benefits. You're my sister/brother and i want paradise for you as i want it for myself. and as Muslims we must remind each other of akhira. Religion is naseeha. and i hope you will be of those who take advantage of this blessed month, for 'uthman r.a said in his speech " Death keeps no calendar". None of us know when our appointed time of death is. In conclusion we do not know if we will live to see another ramadan, or another year of our life. as people grow older, death comes nearer and nearer. As Muslims, as human beings we must be cautious and conscious of our lord Allah, and we must obey Him in his orders. After all dear Muslim he created us, shaped us in the best of shapes and provided us all of our lives. is it not time that we start obeying him? I hope that you and I and the rest of our ummah will take heed of Allah's words and start obeying him. Prophet Ibrahim alayhi salam was ordered to slaughter his son just to see if he was an obedient servant of Allah, and indeed he did obey and Allah in his mercy asked him to not slaughter the boy but instead to slaughter the sheep. so you see dear Muslims Allah's mercy is infinite and beyond our imagination. take advantage of this month and Ramadan mubarak dear sister/brother."

ok there's the letter now you add your list of benefits and so on to it if you like. tell me how it is inshaAllah(if the letter is good or bad). asalamualaykukum wrwb.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah masha Allah very nice work sister Palestine its like a dawa and masha Allah very nice tone a lil correction in sisters post i can say typing mistake with some if u want u can add.
in the month of Ramadan and the doors of shaytan are closed.

Doors of Hell are closed and all the doors of heaven are opened, shaytan is chained and their is a door in Jannah by name Rayan from which only people who do fasting during Ramadan can only go through it.

I dont remember properly its in sura baqra or sura Al Imran. The reward of fasting is so big that we cant imagine as it is intrapeted by some scholars as the reward of fasting is Allah itself or some say the reward of fasting it will b given by Allah himself with his generosity and we know Allah is the most generous.

Please forgive and do correct me if anything is wrong for the sake of Allah. pls remember me in ur duwas.

Allah hafiz.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Salam Alaikum

Inshallah this helps and these brothers and sisters who choose not to fast Ramadan understand its importance and repent to Allah and start in addition to make up the missed days. Feel free to edit wherever needed:)

First, some muslims opt not to fast Ramadan because they do not know the importance behind it, the benefits obtained through it and the punishment received for neglecting it. Until we know these things a full appreciation for even being giving the opportunity by Allah to fast this holy month cannot be appreciated.

The Quran say in (Al Baqara 2:185) "The month of Ramadan is that in which the Quran was revealed as a guidance for the people, in it are clear Signs of guidance and the Criterion, therefore whoever of you witnesses this month, it is obligatory on him to fast it, but whoever is ill or traveling, let him fast the same number of other days, GOD desires ease for you and not hardship, and He desires that you complete the ordained period and glorify GOD for His Guidance to you that you may be grateful."

So that is telling us Ramadan is not voluntary but mandatory for all muslims unless you fall into the category of exceptions. Ramadan is not excused from us by ourselves but by the permission of Allah.

During Ramadan this is your chance to take your Ibadah (worship) to another level. (Al Baqara 2:183) "O you who believe! Fasting is ordained for you as it was ordained for those before you, that you may be pious."

Fasting will make you pious and being pious you will gain Taqwa (fearing Allah). When you fear Allah you will practise self-restraint, self-control and self discipline. (Al Baqara 2:184)......................"so if you fast it is better for you only if you knew". Gaining Taqwa gives you the opportunity to protect yourself from the fire. Imam Ahmad (5/256) narrated from the hadeeth of Abu Umaamah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “At every breaking of the fast, Allaah has people whom He redeems.” Al-Mundhiri said: there is nothing wrong with its isnaad; and it was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 987.

When you fast your whole body fasts. You mind, your tongue, your hands and your feet. Through fasting you get so many benefits medically and spiritually. The Prophet (SAWS) said "Fast to be healthy" medically the benefits of fasting are remarkable decreasing blood pressure, psychological issues etc.. But spiritually you have your sin forgiven, the opportunity of entering paradise through the gate Al-Rayyan inshallah, receiving blessing on the night of Laylat al-Qadr inshallah, etc... Also, fasting the month of Ramandan brings unity within the ummah. Coming together for Suhoor (pre-dawn meal), Iftaar (after sunset meal) and Taraweeh (prayers).

In addition to that it lets you remember the less fortunate people around the world who are fasting daily not because of Ramadan but because that is their life they cannot determine when the next meal is coming. If makes you appreciate what you have and makes you more generous to the people who do not have. This is the time to pay Zakat (mandatory charity) and do Sadaqah (voluntary charity).

"If someone gives one who has been fasting something with which to break his fast it will provide forgiveness of his sins"

This is the time to worship Allah to your full capacity. The gates of heaven are open the gates of hell are closed and the Shaytan is chained up. So, there is no shaytan our good deeds are limitless. Subhanallah. We must read Quran and recite and increase our knowledge because this is obligatory for a muslim. Most muslims worldwide read the Quran at least once through the month of Ramadan. Keeping their focus on Allah, remembering him (Zikr) and waiting to receive his grace and mercy.

Allaah has blessed Ramadaan with Laylat al-Qadr. Explaining the great status of this blessed night, Soorat al-Qadr was revealed, and there are many ahaadeeth which also speak of that, such as the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There has come to you Ramadaan, a blessed month which Allaah has enjoined you to fast, during which the gates of heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed, and the rebellious devils are chained up. In it there is a night which is better than a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is indeed deprived.”
Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 2106; Ahmad, 8769. classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 999.

Through fasting the benefits are overflowing you receive patience, discipline, steadfastness, appreciation, and recongize the suffering endured by other less fortunate and through it all you remember Allah (Zikr) I can not go on enough about the importance of Ramadan but its a time not to be selfish but give what you can as much as you can to Allah through fasting and disciplining yourself and giving charity to the needy. In turn your receive rewards (hasanat), forgiveness and the chance to better yourself as a person and increase your Iman (faith) and Inshallah that follows you not only throughout Ramadan but the entire year.

When you do not fast the month of Ramadan you miss so many opportunities for example fasting Ramadan is equivalent to fasting 10 months. Your missing opportunities for others and opportunities for yourself. Everyone wants to help themselves and through helping yourself by fasting Ramadan and gaining Taqwa (fearing Allah) you will want to help others, inshallah.

Fasting Ramadan brings benefits and joy to a muslim but not par taking in Ramadan can also bring you punishment. There is a Saheeh report which warns against not fasting was narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah (1986) and Ibn Hibbaan (7491) from Abu Umaamah al-Baahili who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whilst I was sleeping two men came to me and took my by the arm and brought me to a cragged mountain. They said, ‘Climb up.’ I said, ‘I cannot.’ They said, ‘We will make it easy for you.’ So I climbed up until I was at the top of the mountain. Then I heard loud voices. I said, ‘What are these voices?’ They said, ‘This is the howling of the people of Hell.” Then I was taken until I saw people hanging by their hamstrings, with the sides of their mouths torn and blood pouring from their mouths.’ I said, ‘Who are these?’ He said, ‘These are people who broke their fast before it was time.’” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Mawaarid al-Zam’aan, no. 1509.

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is the punishment of those who fasted then broke the fast deliberately before the time for breaking the fast came, so what about those who do not fast at all?

Knowing the punishment for one who breaks his fast indicates he tried and received such a punishment. But the one who does not fast I would not want to know. But, it is not to late to start fasting now. Repent to Allah and be sincere and make up your missed days. Now is the time not later. Never put off for tomorrow what you can do today. Allah is merciful, most giving and the most forgiving. Plus when you look at the bigger picture by fasting Ramdan you have nothing to loose only the opportunity to gain but neglecting it you have alot more at stake. Also, remember Ramadan is a short period a time to go without when Allah is giving and giving to us daily. It is time for us to give back and worship him and do as he commanded. Even thou Allah gives he has the power to take. We must appreciate before it is to late because tomorrow is never promised. This is something to think about when we make our plans for tomorrow or next week. There is no gurantee.

May Allah guide us on the straight path and not let us go astray. Ameen :tti_sister:

Ramadan Mubarak to all!

Salam Sister Amirah80
:hearts:

helpinghumanity

Assalam-o-alaikum brothers and sisters :salam2:

I would like to thank the members who took the initiative to reply to this thread. The responses to the posed question were marvelous. My this reply would be incomplete without admiring the replies of SISTER PALESTINE AND AMIRAH. Sisters you have done a wonderful job.

Inshallah you will receive HASANA for that. I am optimistic that these replies would be sufficient to call Muslims towards the straight path. I am also optimistic that they will be some good news in the future. If any then I will take no time to post that, because i will not be taking away sister's credit.

There might be few some brothers and sister on this platform who opt not to fast for any reason. So this thread will ALSO serve as a reminder to them too that Allah has made Fasting Obligatory, so don't be reluctant to fast.

Hence one of the motto of this post was to remind brother and sister (which i hope there will be none) at this medium.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH SISTER AMIRAH AND PALESTINE

palestine

Servant of Allah
anytime brother!! and mymohsin thanks for the correction inshaAllah the brother can change it. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

ramadan definitely can do two things: it can bring the believer already close to ALLAH SWT even closer than before. the other thing is that it can be like a type of spring cleaning for muslims that really haven't been up on their deen; allowing them to try an establish a good prayer life that they may have had years ago etc.
:wasalam: