Not Sure about Vet

rightpath_357

Hi. I need help. I'm still 11. But I want to think about my job now. I've wanted to be a vet, but some people told me it's haram. Is it? Some other people told me it's not haram, but I should be a doctor instead- and Allah(SW) would not be happy with me if I chose to be a vet over a doctor. is it trye? I really love animals- and helping people- and i want this cleared.:tti_sister:

kiki18

why would veterinary be haram? did they say why?

i'm majoring in animal biology and i've told peolpe and i have never heard of it being haram

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams dear, never heard of any one say that before, even animals need to be treated by a vet when they get ill, I even take my cats to them , and in Islam we are told to treat thenm kindly,

rightpath_357

Thanks for replying. they told me that when humans are starving on the planet, we waste money on animals. and that even though animals are important, i should be a doctor and help sick people.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Hi. I need help. I'm still 11. But I want to think about my job now. I've wanted to be a vet, but some people told me it's haram. Is it? Some other people told me it's not haram, but I should be a doctor instead- and Allah(SW) would not be happy with me if I chose to be a vet over a doctor. is it trye? I really love animals- and helping people- and i want this cleared.:tti_sister:

I have never heard it's Haram !! is there a proof from Qur'an ?

I read this fatwa , the shaykh did not say it's haram

http://www.islamweb.net.qa/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=A&Id=112851&Option=FatwaId

and Allah only knows .. May Allah bless you
I wanna be a doctor too , we have to open a hospital together ^_^

Abdullah_77

Adam(aleyhi salaam) was chosen by Al-Khaaliq to be khaleefah. As his desendents we are stewards (khaleefah's) on this earth.
Why the heck would being a vet be haraam?
I think it'd be the most haraam if man kind neglected the beasts and birds and abandoned them to agony and suffering.
It is our responsibility to have institutions that can care for them.
Who ever said this that its haraam has no knowledge and is just making superstion.

salaam