oli-top.jpg

1/2 cup pitted olives
Juice of half a lemon
7-10 springs of parsley
Salt
Pepper
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup olive oil

In the food processor pulse all the ingredients while drizzling the olive oil.

Use with bread, pizzas, pasta, grilled chicken etc.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Sister, I have a whole jarful of green olives and don't know what to do with them. Nobody in our house is eating them plain and they're too sour to use in regular recipes like spaghetti sauce or pizza toppings. Any idea of what to do with them?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Could you try them with bread, like Moroccan olive bread knots, which recipe I put to this section?

:SMILY129: Love olives.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam:

Sister, I have a whole jarful of green olives and don't know what to do with them. Nobody in our house is eating them plain and they're too sour to use in regular recipes like spaghetti sauce or pizza toppings. Any idea of what to do with them?

Assalamu alaykum,

I know in some countries when the olives are too sour they boil them a bit? But maybe as sister harb said, they could be good if used to make some yummi bread inshallah

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
One way could also be to caramelize olives.

Caramelized Green Olives

Ingredients
2/3 cup date jam
3 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter
dash powdered ginger
2 cups pitted green olives (about 1 pound)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Put the date jam, water and butter in a smallsaucepan. Simmer just long enough to dissolve. Add the ginger.

Spread the olives in a cake pan large enough to fit them in 1 layer. Sprinkle the olives with a few tablespoon of their own juice (or water if you like). Cover with the jam mixture.

Bake for about 40 minutes, strirring occasionally, until the sugar in the jam has caramelized.
Serve warm or at room temperature as an accompaniment to a meat meal.