One more chance

Erum90

Muslima
I held a firm belief that it was not right for a boy and a girl to talk online if they didn't know each other. I don't know whether thats true or not, but thats what I believed. Today a young boy added me to his msn list, but i did not know who it was. He started talking to me and I instantly found out that he was a stranger. However, something told me to keep talking to him. I asked him who he was and he told me he was a student in Pakistan. I asked him how he obtained my e_mail address and then he shocked me. He told me he was a hacker. He told me thats how he got my e_mail address. He said he saw my display picture (which is the open book of Quran) and that he could not lie. I asked him if he was muslim. He said yes. I asked him if he prayed fajr. He said no. I asked him if he could do me favor and pray fajr this morning. He said he will do that. Then he asked me who I was. I told him I was a muslim and that is all he needs to know. He said ok. Then I told him that I would have block him. He said he will not try and change my mind. I said may Allah be with you and he said goodbye.Then I blocked him. It just shows how one person can change the life of another from across the ocean. I didn't know this person this morning and today I hope I made it a little clearer for him to see the way. It is all Allah's plan and we are not now nor will we ever be wise enough to judge it.
:salah:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I held a firm belief that it was not right for a boy and a girl to talk online if they didn't know each other. I don't know whether thats true or not, but thats what I believed. Today a young boy added me to his msn list, but i did not know who it was. He started talking to me and I instantly found out that he was a stranger. However, something told me to keep talking to him. I asked him who he was and he told me he was a student in Pakistan. I asked him how he obtained my e_mail address and then he shocked me. He told me he was a hacker. He told me thats how he got my e_mail address. He said he saw my display picture (which is the open book of Quran) and that he could not lie. I asked him if he was muslim. He said yes. I asked him if he prayed fajr. He said no. I asked him if he could do me favor and pray fajr this morning. He said he will do that. Then he asked me who I was. I told him I was a muslim and that is all he needs to know. He said ok. Then I told him that I would have block him. He said he will not try and change my mind. I said may Allah be with you and he said goodbye.Then I blocked him. It just shows how one person can change the life of another from across the ocean. I didn't know this person this morning and today I hope I made it a little clearer for him to see the way. It is all Allah's plan and we are not now nor will we ever be wise enough to judge it.
:salah:

:salam2:

I don't want this to sound freaky or anything, but I think maybe I have the same guy on my msn list too!! From Pakistan!!

Half way through last year, there was a new person on my msn list. I asked him who he was, he is a student from Pakistan, around my age. I asked why he added me, and with that he told me what my msn password was!! Last year he's the computer monitor at his high school, this year I think he's in university.

Anyway, I think it might be the same guy. He's still on my MSN list (I'm a guy :)), but I don't talk to him very often. His name is Ashun, I hope he doesn't mind me sharing. And from what I know of him, he's not very religious. Maybe I'll ask him next time he comes online if anyone asked him to do his fajr prayers.

I mean, it's too simliar. I'm quite sure its the same guy!

Anyways.

:wasalam:

Erum90

Muslima
wow the details are very similar. The name this guy gave me was different however. I would like to know if it is the same guy though.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

You must always pick a very good password, not something that is easy to guess.

Most hackers Hack Hotmail accounts by guesswork.

You must DELETE the person, although i doubt it helps... as they may already have infected your computer.

so check to make sure you have No Spyware on your PC.

Download this program to find and delete potentially harmful spyware:

Lavasoft Anti Spyware

Otherwise these people will gain access to your online banking, credit card numbers or other personal information.

Make sure you have an Anti-Virus Checker!! So important!!

This is what i use, its FREE:

AVG FREE ADVISOR

Just because they say they are Pakistani and Muslim does not mean you should trust them. First of all they had no right to hack your email. Of course they will say OK and nod their head to anything. People dont hack for the fun of it. Hacking is boring and dull. It is done to make money by fooling and duping people.

Wasalam.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^:salam2:

This guy told me how he got my password. He has a fake, but look-a-like hotmail sign in page, and when I try to sign in, it says "log in error", but my email address and password is recorded and sent to him.

Anyways, I've talked to him quite a few times over the last year, he's definitely Pakistani and he's definitely my age. I know that for sure. We talked quite a bit first time, because I was the a computer prefect at my high school too (same year), and so I was impressed by how much he knew.

Anyways, I'll try and see if it's the same guy.

samiha

---------
Staff member
A phishing site! Or at least I think that's what they call it. lol. They probably experienced this problem on yahoo, so they put a picture identification in the corner, that phishing websites can't recreate. Your supposed to check for it whenever you sign in. Anyway, this was the first time I've heard it happen to anyone.

Kayote

Salam

What Mabsoot has said is correct.

While Erum90 did a very good deed (Insha'Allah) by advising him to pray, it doesnt negate the fact that he 'stole' someone else's property.

Its extremely important to have measures in place to ensure that you identity is not stolen. Imagine them taking hold of your friends emails addresses & sending them nasty message. They will get the impression that those messages are from you.

WaAliekum Assalam

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
I agree with Br. Mabsoot. If the wrong person gets hold of you email, they can inundate you and and everyone of your contacts with spam and spyware.

Erum90

Muslima
Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions. I have downloaded new
anti spyware programs and hopefully this will not happen anymore.