Operation on Pakistani madressah

MOSABJA

Nine killed in gunbattles near Lal Masjid

Islamabad, July 3 (PTI): Nine people were killed and a few hundreds injured in gunbattles that erupted between security forces and militant madrassa students in the heart of Islamabad today in a flare-up triggered by security deployment around the famous Lal Masjid.

Unconfirmed reports, however, put the toll at 11 people in the violence which started at around 1.30 p.m, and continued till late in the evening between the students and the forces which were deployed around the mosque last Friday.

Pakistan Information Minister, Mohammad Ali Durrani, confirmed the death of nine people but ruled out storming of the mosque tonight which has been locked in a stand-off with the government for the last six months over the clerics' campaign to impose STRICT ISLAMIC SHARIAH in the capital.

"Any such action could be taken only after a complete political consensus," he said, while ruling out imposition of emergency in the wake of today's violence.

Among those killed was a Pakistani ranger and a TV cameraman, while several journalists, including Bureau Chief of 'Geo TV', Afsar Alam, were injured.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

Nine killed in gunbattles near Lal Masjid

Islamabad, July 3 (PTI): Nine people were killed and a few hundreds injured in gunbattles that erupted between security forces and militant madrassa students in the heart of Islamabad today in a flare-up triggered by security deployment around the famous Lal Masjid.

i dont understand and i dont trust the news, but i do care..

...someone please kindly explain what is happening and WHY?

what caused the students to rise in the first place (short term) and what are the prospects for stability...i mean are there any at all??!

and ok why now? these institutions have existed in pakistan for years and years and the government doesnt really tend to interfere until now

:confused:

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

As far as my pakistani muslim friends tell me, the Ulema of Laal Masjid (Red Masjid) want to implement sharia law in Islamabad. Their argument is that Pakistan was founded on the basis that the Indian Muslims want their own nation to live under Islamic law and people shed blood for such a nation, and yet now things like prostitution are allowed openly.

This recent trouble started when the students took chinese prostitutes working openly in Islambad in a nightclub as hostage and later released them based on "friendly relations with the nation of China"... and the goverment had surrounded the mosque since then and this violence started after the army rangers went into the mosque and then went into the sisters quaters searching apparantly for "weapons". This provoked the male students to attack a ranger post outside the mosque, steal weapons and then it got bloodier as rangers and students exchanged fire.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Salaam Alaiykum,

As far as my pakistani muslim friends tell me, the Ulema of Laal Masjid (Red Masjid) want to implement sharia law in Islamabad. Their argument is that Pakistan was founded on the basis that the Indian Muslims want their own nation to live under Islamic law and people shed blood for such a nation, and yet now things like prostitution are allowed openly.

This recent trouble started when the students took chinese prostitutes working openly in Islambad in a nightclub as hostage and later released them based on "friendly relations with the nation of China"... and the goverment had surrounded the mosque since then and this violence started after the army rangers went into the mosque and then went into the sisters quaters searching apparantly for "weapons". This provoked the male students to attack a ranger post outside the mosque, steal weapons and then it got bloodier as rangers and students exchanged fire.

oooh. jzk.

...i totally missed the plot on the news then...lol

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

This is the website of that Masjid and Madrassah:

http://www.lalmasjid.com/nsite/index.php

Their motive is very understanding and clear.
Its not the fault on the part of students but the fault on the part of ugliest infidel government in the history of Pakistan.

Government only uses its force where it is not needed. There were some events of attack by NATO on Pakistani areas in which dozens of Muslim children, women and men were killed. This happened many times, but on such occassions Pakistani governments athority and force is lost in some gutter. When some Muslims talk about the spreading perversion, nakedness and opening of whorehouses in Islamabad then all the government comes out to preserve its authority, then all the media such as hypocrite BBC starts asking why government is not taking action against those "Radical Islamists".

For those who dont know much about this issue, kindly visit the website of that mosque and madrassah, and FYI, there were openend many whorehouses in the name of massage centeres in Islamabad, the morals have degraded to its lowest level. That is why the students of that madrassah were taking action themselves.

But of course, this was not a right method to protest, as they are not unlimited, after all Government has half a million troops, so the government will win with its evil.

Wassalaaam

MOSABJA

Musharraf is now facing many CRISIS at a time

1)Judicial crisis started after the Suspension of Chief Justice in which the opposition parties and Ordinary people have also involved.

2)Lal Masjid Crisis.The students have now started to surrender and Ultimate victory was surely going go to be of government with 1 MILLION army.
But this would provoke more attacks on security personnels Specially in TRIBAL AREAS where people are already angry over NATO bombings.It's reflection was seen next day when a

SUICIDE BOMBER blew himself up killing 10 ARMY PERSONNELS.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Government only uses its force where it is not needed. There were some events of attack by NATO on Pakistani areas in which dozens of Muslim children, women and men were killed. This happened many times, but on such occassions Pakistani governments athority and force is lost in some gutter.
yes and on top of that, its sickening to see muslims excusing such attitudes by the pakistani givernment saying theyre acting within "national interests" (to prevent foreign invasions etc) there is absolutely no excuse for allowing foreign planes to bomb defenceless villages!

For those who dont know much about this issue, kindly visit the website of that mosque and madrassah,
(thats me..lol) yeah i will do jzk...is that site down? :confused: i cannot view it.

But of course, this was not a right method to protest, as they are not unlimited, after all Government has half a million troops, so the government will win with its evil.
..pakistan seems to be nothing more than a military dictatorship.

2)Lal Masjid Crisis.The students have now started to surrender and Ultimate victory was surely going go to be of government with 1 MILLION army.
But this would provoke more attacks on security personnels Specially in TRIBAL AREAS where people are already angry over NATO bombings.It's reflection was seen next day when a SUICIDE BOMBER blew himself up killing 10 ARMY PERSONNELS.
i hope (really really) that suicide bombings dont become the trend in pakistan, hope they take other more longer lasting measures to bring about change inshAllah.

MOSABJA

The Cleric shocked every one by trying to escape from masjid .While he was the same man who used to urge people to fight and wage jihad.Many students of Madressah surrendered because they say that the man who used to urge them to do jihad himself was trying to escape cowardly.But most of the students still say that even the Cleric has fooled them they will not forget JIHAD and will do it against KUFFARS in some part of their life.Many people are SUSPICIOUS of the Masjid as they say the CLERICS are working for Agencies who want to turn the attention of people from the Issue of JUDICIARY in which Government suffered a setback on MONDAY.

Earlier a Militant Commander from Waziristan BAITULLAH MEHSUD sent his men to help Lal masjid but then he withdrew saying the behavior of Clerics was suspicious .

Kayote

The Cleric shocked every one by trying to escape from masjid .While he was the same man who used to urge people to fight and wage jihad.Many students of Madressah surrendered because they say that the man who used to urge them to do jihad himself was trying to escape cowardly.But most of the students still say that even the Cleric has fooled them they will not forget JIHAD and will do it against KUFFARS in some part of their life.Many people are SUSPICIOUS of the Masjid as they say the CLERICS are working for Agencies who want to turn the attention of people from the Issue of JUDICIARY in which Government suffered a setback on MONDAY.

Earlier a Militant Commander from Waziristan BAITULLAH MEHSUD sent his men to help Lal masjid but then he withdrew saying the behavior of Clerics was suspicious .

Thats exactly what I was talking to my friend about. Its these people behind the curtains who run all this activity. There is simply no logic or sensibility in taking law into own hands as the students did. We muslims just refuse to learn from our mistakes. Hamas, Libya, Afghanistan etc etc all use to 'fight' against america and now are trying everything to win favours from america.

The simple fact is that unless we muslims educate ourselves and BUILD our nations strong from the very foundation up, we will fail.

Yes, I agree Musharaf is another poodle (to Bush like our dearest Tony) but trust me when I say that hes FAR FAR better than the two devils (Benazir Bhutto & Nawaz Sharif) sitting outside Pakistan dying to come back and start their corrupt ways again.

:wasalam:

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

I don't think HAMAS should be put alongside as those that work for americans. They HAVE NOT abandoned ANY of their beleifs to please the americans nor anybody else and even upto today they are paying the price.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

The simple fact is that unless we muslims educate ourselves and BUILD our nations strong from the very foundation up, we will fail.
how is that possible living under what looks like to me, a military dictatorship? i dont disagree with you.
There is simply no logic or sensibility in taking law into own hands as the students did. We muslims just refuse to learn from our mistakes. Hamas, Libya, Afghanistan etc etc all use to 'fight' against america and now are trying everything to win favours from america.
Talking generally now, the average civilian normally wants a peaceful life and security and unless they feel theyre being treated unjustly somehow or thier freedoms are being taken away from them, they will neither create nor incite civil unrest. taking a look at Pakistan inflation is on the rise and peoples standards of living are just getting worst and worst. Any uprising/revolution that ever took place, from russia 1918 to Iran in '79 the people felt that they had to assert theselves against their respective governments to ensure their survival. In my opinion and we can see the same pattern in Pakistan, but aswell as that they have a government whose willing to place civilians neck on the line to fulfill foreign demands. i think the students have plenty to complain about as do many others, which is why theyre complaining (in whatever way theyre doing it) they have legitimate reasons for complaint. in spite of it lacking 'logic or sensibility'.

On top of that from what brother island muslim put ^ its clearly evident that the government isnt showing the slightest sensitivity to the situation! (ofcourse raiding the sisters section of the masjid was going to inspire a heavy response)

Yes, I agree Musharaf is another poodle (to Bush like our dearest Tony) but trust me when I say that hes FAR FAR better than the two devils (Benazir Bhutto & Nawaz Sharif) sitting outside Pakistan dying to come back and start their corrupt ways again.
That maybe so... but why draw comparisons with other such leaders? we need to stop doing that, it gives a false sense of security that things are better when in reality were degenerating further and further, in reality, musharref is simply another military dictator who doesnt deserve to be in power and did not gain the post of President in a legal way, he is doing untold damage to Pakistan and he certainly shouldnt be surprised by this opposition, after all, it was the just the lesser of two evils at the time and he was the only alternative president!

was there was some action by the government in the past few years to crack down on the madrassahs in general..check up on what they teach.
wasalam

Shahzad

ah!!!!! its heart breaking story here at islamabad pakistan. I am really crying. read some of the details here

http://weblogs.com.pk/blogs/shahzad/

these bloody aremy men have used white phosphorus to kill innocent and pious girls.
more over, they buried girls wid men. The Quraan was torn down and its pieces was seen in destroyed stuff.

Almost 3000 persons have been killed including girls and abt 70 of the girls have been kidnapped by the army men.

These doggies...