Our Relationship with Prophet Muhammad

Aziboy

Banned
Our Relationship with Prophet Muhammad

our%20Relationship%20with%20the%20Prophet.jpg

Allah the Almighty says:

{We have truly sent you as a witness, as a bearer of gladtidings, and as a warner in order that you (O people)may believe in Allah and His Messenger, that you may assist him and honour him…} (al-Fath 48: 8-9)

The basis of our relationship with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is part of our Iman. By reciting the Shahadah(Testimony of Faith) we acknowledge the Prophet Muhammad as Allah’s Messenger. As a Messenger, he brought and delivered Allah’s message to mankind. There are two aspects of his Risalah (Prophethood).

First, he delivered the message to his contemporaries living in Arabia.

Second, his message was for the whole of mankind till the end of time as he was the last of the glorious chain of Prophets. After his death this responsibility of conveying the message was assigned to this Ummah. He was sent as a witness unto mankind and this is exactly the task given to the Muslim Ummah. The Qur’an explicitly mentions this in Surat al-Hajj:

{It is He Who named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you and you be witnesses for mankind}(al-Hajj 22: 78)

As a witness unto mankind, he brought the glad tidings to those who accepted him as Allah’s Messenger and believed in him. They attained success in this life and falah (salvation) in the Hereafter. For those who rejected his message and followed the path of disobedience there was a dire warning: they could enjoy and indulge in lustful pursuits in this world but in the end they would be the losers and earn eternal damnation.

Believing that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is Allah’s Messenger requires that we should obey him. Obedience to him is on a par with obedience to Allah as the Qur’an commands:

{O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger} (an-Nisa’ 4: 59).

Obeying the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is in fact obedience of Allah. He is the one who delivers Allah’s Message and we have no other means of knowing Allah’s commands. Thus, verse 80 of Surat an-Nisa’explicitly lays down:

{He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah.}

We should also take note that this obedience is without reservation. We should accept his commands willingly and not feel any hesitation or scepticism. Allah emphasises this point categorically in the following verses:

{But no, by your Lord, they cannot have faith until they make you judge in all disputes between them and find in their hearts any resistance against your decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction.} (An-Nisa’ 4: 65)

{It is not fitting for a believer, man or woman, when a matter is decided by Allah and His Messenger to have an option about their decisions. If anyone disobeys Allah and His Messenger he is indeed on a clearly wrong path.} (Al-Ahzab 33: 36)

{So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you…} (Al-Hashr 59: 7)

The same message is given in this hadith:
“What I have forbidden to you, avoid: what I have ordered you [to do] do as much as you can.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Unlike obedience of national laws in a country where one happens to reside and finding them repulsive but feeling compelled to obey, obedience of the Messenger has to be with full faith and fervour and not half-hearted and perfunctory. One cannot be a believer unless one surrenders oneself fully. It is narrated by `Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn al-`Ass that Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“None of you [truly] believes until his inclination is in accordance with what I have brought.” (Kitab al-Hujjah)

Obedience equates with formal adherence of laws and regulations to fulfil the legal requirements of the Shari`ah. However, believers are required to follow the Messenger diligently. This is called ittiba` which means to follow in the footsteps of others. The instruction given to the believers is:

{Say: If you do love Allah follow me; Allah will love you and forgive your sins…} (Aal `Imran 3: 31)

The circle of ittiba`is wider than that of ita`ah (obedience). The latter covers obligatory and compulsory requirements whereas the former covers optional and supererogatory works. Obedience at times may be superficial and lacking sincerity whereas ittiba` can only be performed with love and devotion.

This is illustrated by the Companions’ conduct. For example `Abdullah ibn `Umar was so strict in following the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that he used to stop and pray where the Prophet happened to have done so. It is narrated that Shaikh Bayazid Bustami did not eat watermelon as he did not know whether the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had eaten this fruit and if so how he had eaten it.
Yet a much higher stage of our relationship with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is his love. Believers should have the utmost respect and love for the Prophet.

It is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“None of you [truly] believes until you love me more than your parents, children or any other person.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

This love manifested itself in the lives of the Companions. They were utterly devoted to the Prophet. When he performed wudu(ablution) the Companions usually collected the used water and sprinkled it on their faces. The Prophet once asked them why they were doing so and they replied because of their love for him. (Mishkat) The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) once remarked:

“Those who love my Sunnah (really) love me and those who love me will be in Jannah with me.” (At-Tirmidhi)

Once a father and his son traveled from their village and visited the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and this was probably the only time they met him. They noticed that the top button of his shirt was undone. Thereafter, they always left their top buttons unfastened. When Abu Makhdhurah embraced Islam the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) touched his forehead and blessed him; from then on out of love for the Prophet he never clipped the hairs from his forehead. There are numerous such instances to be found in the lives of the Companions. Love of the Prophet is indeed part of one’s iman.

Manifestation of one’s love is not just an emotional outpouring but should also be reflected in strict obedience and following of the Prophet’s path. As he emphasised in the hadith quoted above about following his Sunnah to those who used the water from his ablution:

”Those who are pleased to love Allah and His Messenger should always speak the truth and if anything is entrusted to them they should keep it safe and return it to their owners.”
“They should also treat their neighbours well.” (Mishkat)

Today the hearts of the Muslim Ummah, al-Hamdulillah, are filled with love and respect for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). People are ready to sacrifice their lives for the sake of safeguarding his honour. Yet not much fervour is shown in obeying his commands and following his path. There are some people who are very particular about some of the Prophet’s minor Sunnah as regards dress and appearance, yet they neglect his first and foremost Sunnah which is Da`wah.
Allah addressing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

{O Prophet! Truly We have sent you as a Witness, a Bearer of Glad Tidings, and a Warner and as one who invites to Allah’s grace by His leave and as a Lamp Spreading Light} (al-Ahzab 33: 45-46).

His greatest Sunnah, which he carried out from the day of his messengership until his death, was to invite people to Islam. His parting message on his last Hajj was: “Those who are here should convey this message to those who are not here.” He asked the assembled gathering on the plains of `Arafat three times: ”Have I conveyed the message?” and the Companions replied “Yes you have”. He raised his hand pointing towards the heavens and said: “May Allah be witness to this.”

This is the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) which we have to follow if we truly love him.

May Allah strengthen our bonds of love, affection and respect of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and guide us to follow his Sunnah to the best of our ability; Ameen Ya Rabb.

Aziboy

Banned
To conclude, the famous Muslim poet and mystic, Rumi, wrote:
The light of Muhammad has become distributed in millions of pieces
And has encompassed the whole world.
The Prophet was like the lightening of that light.
When it strikes, all veils of disbelief are torn and
Thousands of monks are influenced by Muhammad and run toward him.
His Words are all pearls from the ocean of reality
Because his heart was united with the ocean of truth.

strive-may-i

To conclude, the famous Muslim poet and mystic, Rumi, wrote:
The light of Muhammad has become distributed in millions of pieces
And has encompassed the whole world.
The Prophet was like the lightening of that light.
When it strikes, all veils of disbelief are torn and
Thousands of monks are influenced by Muhammad and run toward him.
His Words are all pearls from the ocean of reality
Because his heart was united with the ocean of truth.

:salam2:
Am going to add one more Rumi poem, that is missing most often.

man banda-yé qur'ân-am, agar jân dâr-am
man khâk-é rah-é muHammad-e mukhtâr-am
gar naql kon-ad joz în, kas az goftâr-am
bêzâr-am az-ô, w-az-în sokhan bêzâr-am
~Rumi

I am the servant of the Qur'an as long as I have life.
I am the dust on the path of Muhammad, the Chosen one.
If anyone quotes anything except this from my sayings,
I am quit of him and outraged by these words.
~Rumi

So show precaution when rebuking this man. None want anothers sin on their head, in hereafter

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

And these are the posts we need to concentrate on. Our relationship with the Prophet, swas, is one of the most if not the most important human relationship we have. It is learning about him that we learn how to live. We become energized. We learn to let go of ordinary stressors.

Please keep this thread alive. It is vital for our iman.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salaamu 'alaikum warahmatullaah!

JazaakAllaahu khayr for this very beneficial thread, brother.
Shame on us wallah. =( Look at the state of our ummah now- the very same ummah prophet muhammad Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam made so many sacrifices for... What would he say if he was here with us today? Do we really love him more than we love our parents, ourselves? I feel so ashamed, so unworthy of even being included in his 'ummah'. may Allaah 'azza wa jall help us and make us among those who die in the state of Islaam, upon the haqq.

Aziboy

Banned
Wa Alaykum as salam sister,

May Allah [swt] guide us and keep as steadfast, May Allah give us the honor and privilege to Fear and Love himself and to Immensely Love our beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu alayhi wasallam ……Ameen!

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Assalaamu Alaikum All in this forum

Yes. We should Love our Most Beloved Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihiwasallam than our own life... Masha Allah... We are blessed to be Ummah of the gretest Prophet..

Nice thread freinds...Keep it up.. Wassalaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let us make this an education thread.

What is the first step we take to start our relationship with the Prophet, swas.?

Aziboy

Banned
Wa alaykum as Salam Aapa,

The first step we take to start our relationship with the Prophet is his blessed Conduct - AKHLAQ*

Our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was an embodiment of ethics and morals. He was the last Messenger of Allah and therefore his character and behavior surpassed excellence. He was an exemplary example to mankind.

When we study the code of conduct of the Prophet (peace be upon him), we learn about his treatment toward people around him. :ma:

Even before he was given the responsibility of Prophethood, Muhammad (peace be upon him) was known amongst his family and fellow beings as As Sadiq Al-Ameen i.e. the honest and the trustworthy. His manners and behavior were unmatched by any in the old Makkan valley.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) was not only honest but also a great host and a wonderful friend. He kept promises and took care of things entrusted to him.

* Akhlaq is the code of conduct of a person is a social phenomenon and it takes place between every interpersonal relationship.

Tariq Rahman

Practising Muslim
Assalaam walaikum,

And these are the posts we need to concentrate on. Our relationship with the Prophet, swas, is one of the most if not the most important human relationship we have. It is learning about him that we learn how to live. We become energized. We learn to let go of ordinary stressors.

Please keep this thread alive. It is vital for our iman.

Assalamu alaikum WRWB

Mashallah beautiful topic & yes very well said by Sister we must concentrate on posts like this which will increase our Love towards Our beloved Rasoool (SAW) and following His Sunnah to enter Jannah.

The first step is already taken by our Brother mashallah to keep this thread alive and learn about Our Beloved Rasool (SAW) and to follow some one we follow their guidance and foot steps so lets share at least one saying of Rasool (SAW) and try to discuss it & follow. As Our beloved Nabi (SAW) said do not rush into anything but start it slow and focus on consistency inshallah we will try to follow the teachings of Our Nabi (SAW).

Good Manners and form (Al - Adab)
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 1:

Narrated Al-Walid bin 'Aizar:

I heard Abi Amr 'Ash-Shaibani saying, "The owner of this house." he pointed to 'Abdullah's house, "said, 'I asked the Prophet 'Which deed is loved most by Allah?" He replied, 'To offer prayers at their early (very first) stated times.' " 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, "To be good and dutiful to one's parents," 'Abdullah asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" The Prophet said, To participate in Jihad for Allah's Cause." 'Abdullah added, "The Prophet narrated to me these three things, and if I had asked more, he would have told me more."

Jazak Allah Khair

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was just reflecting on how the Earth must have rejoiced when she received him.

Mazhara

Assalaam walaikum,

Let us make this an education thread.

What is the first step we take to start our relationship with the Prophet, swas.?

We should accept and adopt this habit reflective of his life before revelation of Qur'aan.

قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَعِظُكُم بِوَاحِدَةٍ أَن تَقُومُوا لِلَّهِ مَثْنَى وَفُرَادَى ثُمَّ تَتَفَكَّرُوا

You, the Messenger [Muhammad Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] tell them, "I only advise you people with one advice,
that you people stand/find time for Allah the Exalted [Absolute Truth and Fact] in twos, and individually;
thereafter, reflect objectively keeping aside passions/emotions/prejudices/caprices/whims/conjectural myths to know the purpose of creation of things.
[Ref 34:46]

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

OK..lets keep this going. It is imperative to Knowledge that we know our Prophet, swas. The human who worries about us.

Mazhara

OK..lets keep this going. It is imperative to Knowledge that we know our Prophet, swas. The human who worries about us.

006.%20A30.gif

You, the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] pronounce for the information of humanity, "It is a fact that my Salat, and all my physical acts, and my entire life and my death are exclusively and solely for Allah, the Sustainer Lord of the Worlds; [6:162]

"My life and my death" includes all the moments from taking birth/joining the community of beings and parting away from the association of beings. He has said that all these moments of him are solely and exclusively for Allah the Exalted. He is telling us, "Muhammad Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam is solely and exclusively at service for Allah the Exalted". This is the reflection of absolute sincerity. Reciprocally, Allah the Exalted acknowledges this fact by taking this oath;

12.gif

O you the Messenger Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam; swearing is of your age of life. [Refer 15:73] [ع م ر is the period/duration of time when life breathes; first to the last breathe]

Let us pay our respects and salutations and show obeisance to him in a humble and respectful manner. This will help us to elevate our selves and place us amongst those who recognize and acknowledge the honour bestowed by Allah, the Exalted on him. It will prove us to be unlike, and distinguish over selves from Iblees who refused to show obeisance to Adam alahissalm whom Allah the Exalted granted distinction and honour over the Angels and all that is created realm.

Grand Qur'aan: The most authentic and best biography of Muhammad Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam

Staunch Believers in Mecca before appointment of Last Nabi as Messenger and revelation of Qur'aan.

Aziboy

Banned
Ummati, Ummati !!!!

Do you know 1400 years ago, someone loved you?

You were not even there, not even born then?

But someone cried for many times asking ALLAH [swt] for your forgiveness

He wanted to save you from every bad thing?

He prayed to save you from the torment of HELL Fire?

He prayed for nothing less than Jannah for you?

He had Wives, Childrens, Family and Friends who Adore him, but he kept on Praying for YOU?

What have you done in reply to our Beloved Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu alayhi wassalam?

LOVE?

Decide today as to what is the best you can give to get yourself compatible to the blessed Duas of the Blessed Messenger [saw]...

Act NOW brothers and Sisters

Ma'Salam