Pakistan court gives mother custody of British girl

brighten

seeker of knowledge
:salam2:

I’m amazed. Honestly, when brothers marry a woman of a different faith, have they ever thought of the consequences should the marriage failed especially when children are involved ? What faith will these kids be raised should the custody fall onto one who is not a muslim ? Please brothers before you make a decision to marry take time to ponder, afterall you are the head of your family and answerable to Allah (swt) on judgement day.

wassalam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pakistan court gives mother custody of British girl

Reuters
Wed Nov 29, 7:49 AM ET

Justice Saqib Nisar of the High Court in the city of Lahore said the girl's father, Sajad Ahmed Rana, must hand her over in a week.

Police in Britain launched an investigation in August after the 12-year-old girl left her mother in the Western Isles of Scotland to travel to Lahore to be with her father.

"The respondent ... shall hand over the custody of the minor within seven days from now to some female official of the British High Commission," Nisar told the court, adding she could then be returned to her mother.
The girl, known by the Pakistani side of her family as Misbah Irum Ahmed Rana, had said she wanted to stay with her father.

When the order was announced the girl put her head on her father's shoulder and started to cry. She did not speak to reporters.

Initially, the judge ordered that she be handed over within four days, but the lawyer for Molly's father, Abdul Basit, requested more time to prepare a challenge in the Supreme Court.

"I'm very upset. I'm so depressed. I can't speak too much but what I want to say is that I'll go for an appeal," the father told Reuters.
A lawyer for the girl's mother, Louise Campbell, who is Molly's legal guardian, welcomed the judge's decision.

"I'm quite happy. I spoke to Louise on the phone and informed her of the verdict. She was also very happy," said the lawyer, Nahida Mehboob Elahi.
A representative of the British High Commission was also present in court.

Pakistan and Britain signed an agreement in 2003 under which police and judicial authorities in both countries help each other to resolve some 400 cases of disputes over children brought from Britain to Pakistan every year.

talibulislam

relation based on duniya ends in duniya

u absolutly right brother,they wouldent even have to go through this, if the begining of that relation would base on deen & akira.but anyway if the mother of a child would b pakistani,she b spending all her life in & out of that court 4 the custody of her child but she is british & they whopp subcontinent butt 4 pretty long, so laws r still in there favour,what she gona give that child in west anyway,freedom & democracy of having a boyfriend,drugs & parties,since she gona b a single mom,strugling to survive & most likely mom gona have her boyfriend,who do not wanna b father of child cuz thats one of the reason people don't get married in west cuz they hate responsiblity.may allah save this girl from kufar & kufer ameen

AishaR

You are forgetting what the child wants. This child isnt a baby so should have a choice with whom she wishes to live. The fact she wishes to live like a muslim in a muslim country shouldnt be a question.

I am a revert so my views have changed somewhat about mixed faith marriages & custody of children. I used to think that the child should always be with the mother. I think if you marry a muslim then you should bring the children up as muslims, if the marriage fails then they should still be brought up as muslims & if you cant do that then they should be with the parent that can. But that is only my view

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asalamu Alaykum,

Her mum does not like Islam, she moved to Stornaway where poeple are racist and ignorant. Its cold, wet, windy and miserable place. (Kind of like the rest of UK but worse!)

The woman quit Islam, drinks and has a boyfriend.

Pakistani court, did the typical Pakistani justice. It is not suprising at all.

wasalam

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

Do you all remeber when all this started a while back. The media were going crazy about the story and it made front pages of the papers and everything. Its been blown out of proportion just because it involves muslims. I just couldn't imagine this kind of fuss being made if they were a british family.

ripefig

Insha Allah

If she is 12, she will be 18 in 6 years Insha Allah. If there is a good seed planted in her heart it will flourish Insha Allah and she will return to her father. We should make Dua for her guidance. Although a lot can happen in 6 years we have to put faith in Allah most high. Rememeber when Abraham (peace be upon him) left his wife and son in the middle of the desert? They were guided and taken care of without the father. What Allah has decreed, none can change. Let's make Dua for our little sister.:wasalam: