"Pakistani Punj Surah"

LeylaHussain

As salamu alaykum,

I've got this book and I find it really wonderful, so many duaahs, surahs from the Quran... There are as well loads of ahadiths describing nawafl worships like prayers, tasbih... but there is no mention of whether these ahadiths are authentics, weak or what...
Does anyone know how reliable the ahadiths mentionned in this book are?
JazakAllah khayran.

Your sister in Islam :tti_sister:

MOSABJA

PUNJ SURA is a good thing .its popular in PAKISTAN.

Actually it doesnt contain any thing NEW.It is just COMPILATION of Various forms of IBADAH and Nawafil which are taken from HADITHS.

There would be references of hadiths after each one .It is a collection of Surahs which are recited daily EG surah fajr,Muzammil,Yasin at fajr daily
and SURAH Mulk,waqiyyah,Sajdah, at night daily
AND MANY MORE

seeking_peace1

Your Sister in Islam
No Authentic References

:salam2:

ummm... i don't know which "punj sura" you are referring to but the ones i've seen i'll write about them.these contain several suras like Sura Yaseen,Sura Waqaeea,Sura Al-Rehman,Sura Muhammad (SAW),Sura Al-Kahaf,Sura Muzamil,Sura Al-Niba,Sura Ikhlas,Sura Kafiroon,Sura Naas,Sura Falaq and many others.it starts with Sura Kahaf,also contains Ayat-ul-Kursi.but apart from these holy suras it also contains several "daroods" and self created dikhars which is not "on" because they are not authentic.they are not Masnoon like darood lakhi,akbar and many other things.they are not recommended by knowledgeable scholars.according to them they fall in the category of bidah :astag:.there are different numbers assigned and all that which is above my head really and different attributes associated with suras but the references are not given which is confusing with no authentic reference.

its better to recite Quran and Masnoon dikhar.

:wasalam:

MOSABJA

Well the one I have contains all these SURAHS and REGARDING DURUDS in my book before each DURUD there is reference of a HADITH about it's authenticity.

If the one you have does not contain the REFEENCE OF HADITH
THEN
dont read it before knowing its authenticity.

LeylaHussain

Thank you for your answers.
The book I have never mentions the authenticity of the hadith from which they base their duaahs and acts of ibaadah from.
I think that there won't be any harm by saying word of dhikr or reciting some surahs from the Holy Quran... Where I am more doubtful is about the rewards of each of these acts of Ibadah that are mentionned, ie: if u read 3 times surah Ikhlas, it's like u've given 3000 dirham to charity...

Anyway, is there any book which compiles acts of ibadah WITH the ahadiths and their level of authenticity that I can buy?

JazakAllah.

:wasalam: :hijabi:

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu. I recommend this book FORTRESS OF THE MUSLIM ( INVOCATIONS FROM THE quran, sunnah) by SAID BIN WAHF ALQAHTANY. Its a book that you are going to love it, it contains everything a muslim needs from duas before sleeping to when travelling ,wearing new clothes e.t.c. Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu. I recommend this book FORTRESS OF THE MUSLIM ( INVOCATIONS FROM THE quran, sunnah) by SAID BIN WAHF ALQAHTANY. Its a book that you are going to love it, it contains everything a muslim needs from duas before sleeping to when travelling ,wearing new clothes e.t.c. Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Also traslated as "Citadel of the Believer" amongst other similar titles. There are some weak ahaadeeth in there though.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

The book I have never mentions the authenticity of the hadith from which they base their duaahs and acts of ibaadah from.
You should not learn the dua unless there is evidence in the book. .

I remember once, a sufi in college once gave me a book and there were dua for eating cookies in it. -- No evidence whatsoever for it, and I was left wondering whether these were chocolate chip and hazelnut cookies orjust plain. heh.

Also, the books that are written by the real Ulema' of past and present never present knowledge in such a way! There is always a need for clear evidence. i.e. from the Quran or authentic hadith collection of Imams Bukhari, Muslim etc. This way we know what is right or not.

And yes, Hisnul Muslim is a good book, it has good prayers /

wasalam

Steve940

I remember once, a sufi in college once gave me a book and there were dua for eating cookies in it. -- No evidence whatsoever for it, and I was left wondering whether these were chocolate chip and hazelnut cookies orjust plain. heh.

lol!

Alhamdulilah I got a copy of the English version of Hisnul Muslim ("Fortification of the Muslim") from a muslim family. It gives all references and it is very broad alhamdulilah