Pamphlets in the Streets.....

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum ALL,

I wanna share an interesting story....

Today my sisters and I were going to the nearby grocery store to get some snacks (since we're junkfood junkies lol) and while we're headed here see this elderly man and he just happens to have tons of pamphlets in his hands. He's handing them out to people, and as we draw nearer in his direction he drops a lot of them on the street as he's crossing and going to the park. My sister, the miskeen is thinking, "hey we should go pick them up for him" and seeing his old age feels pity on him. So he's gone off at the park, we stumble upon some on the floor. And see it's a pamphlet with the Quran on the cover and Arabic...and how wrong it it in comparison to the Bible. So it's basically a pamphlet bashing the Quran and Muslims and propagating Christianity and the Bible. We're all kind of shocked and surprised at the audacity of the dude. And how he must've purposefully dropped them as he noticed us in hind-sight.....and the worst part is having an image of the Quran all over the streets..

And there he is off across the street in the park handing out his fliers to people.

I can't understand the logic of some Christians...why go out of your way to bash another religion instead of preaching your "own". Hmmm...sounds kinda silly to me. Sad to see someone his age out in the hot sun just to bash on another faith. That just goes to show how unsatisfied they are with their own religion that they go out of their way to criticize another...

And also this verse comes in mind:

"They intend to put out the Light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will not allow it except that His Light is perfected even though the disbelievers hate it" At-Tawbah: 32"Hold fast, All of you to the Rope of Allah, and do not be disunited"

mehitora

Hello. I'm not sure why, but I really felt the need to respond. I haven't actually been able to make myself respond to anyone's threads yet. This will be the first one.

That man was not very nice. He was in fact very mean, but I know that many people like him do not do these things alone. It bothers me to think that there was most likely other people around that was doing the same thing. He should learn what his own scriptures say better instead of bashing on yours. Such as "do unto others as you would have them do onto you" and "love your neighbor as I (their God) have loved you." Sad to think he has forgotten.

I am sorry to have disturbed you. I will go now. I just felt the need to say something. It is really hard to talk to people and make friends when you are as nervous as I am. I will go. Have a good day and be blessed.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Honestly, it just shows how threatened these people feel because they know that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and as a result, they'll resort to fighting dirty even if it means going against their own teachings.

Absolutely pathetic.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I wonder if it would have been a good idea to hand the pamphlets back to him and then tell him that his pamphlet is mistaken? But he probably would never have listened to sense.