Parents and children in Islam

maymun

quran and ahadith

* And we made it a duty for man to be good to his Parents. His mother bears him with one fainting spell after another, while his weaning takes two years. Thank me as well as your parents ; towards Me lies the goal. <13:14>

* (show) Kindness to your Parents, whether either of them or both of them attain old age in life, never say to them 'ugh' nor be harsh to them, but speak to them kindly.And serve them with tenderness and humility and say, My lord, have mercy on them, just us they cared for me as a little child.' <17:23-24>

* Be kind to your parents and relatives and the orphans, and those in need and speak nicely to people. <2:83>

* O you who believe! save yourselves and your family from a fire whose fuel is people and stons <66:6>

* A man asked the prophet, <p b uh> ''O Messenger of Allah! Who deserves the best care from me?'' The prophet said, ''your mother." The man Asked, "Who then?" The prophet said, "your mother." The man asked yet again "Who then?" the prophet said, "your mother." Then man asked once more, "Who then?" the prophet said, your father." (sahih Al bukhari)

* Prophet <pbuh> said, " be careful of your duty to Allah and be fair and just to your children," (sahih Al bukhari)

* prophet <p b u h> said, "No father can give his child better than good manners." (tirmidhi)

* the prophet <p b u h > said, "He is not one of us who has no compassion for our little ones and does not honour our old one." (tirmithi)