Park51 aka "The Ground Zero Mosque"

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:salam2:

So, incase you all didnt know - Park51 opened at the end of September. There were NO protests at all, despite the huge storm it caused! It was going to be called the Cordoba House, but they decided on Park51 instead.

I was quite psyched but I've been looking at pictures of it...and its not a Mosque at all. I think it has a small prayer area somewhere. But it has an Orchestra, an art exhibit with all sorts of pictures, and non-Muslim women walking around half naked.

Dont get me wrong, I am glad they want to learn about Islam & Arab history/culture. But where is the respect? Drape something on your head, dont wear a short cut shirt or a shirt with a low neckline.

Overall, "Park51" (which sounds more like a name for a dance club) has dissaponted me.

Has anyone been insha'Allah?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is put up there to show how magnanimous the US is. It's function is to show the world how forgiving the US is.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Assalaam walaikum,

It is put up there to show how magnanimous the US is. It's function is to show the world how forgiving the US is.

wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

and US is forgiving who now? by allowing build an islamic center, are they forgiving muslims? and we did exactly to the US that we seek its forgiveness?

If some one who has to ask US for forgiveness, it should be those sorry individuals behind every terror attack on US citizens. Did US forgive them by allowing a sect to build an islaamic center?

PS:from what sister alf2 wrote, it doesnt seem to be an islaamic center

strive-may-i

Assalaam walaikum,

Its ridiculous how the spot where Hiroshima bomb was dropped is almost forgotten , But let me tell you this spot will not be made to be forgotten. The idea should have been thumbed down. The site should not have been made a Hallmark. Now forgotten has more value in history, forgive.... now that only saints do. BUSH still swears, and Afghan was ambushed.

Sitting from far, I can say, its going to add more fuel to the fire.... nothing else.

Aroosak

:wasalam:

I used to attend the prayer space in the building before the opening. I was shocked to go after the opening and see an exhibition of pictures as well as huge windows that made you feel like you were putting a show for everyone that passed by. It just felt very weird being there but as I was waiting for prayerI heard a man who entered the space and was very curious about Islam. Since there is only a short barrier between men and women I could hear the man's interest and how he eventually was praying with the rest of the community. At the end Allah guides whom He will and where He will and how He wills subhanAllah!