Patience and Gratitude recommended read

Firdaws Muhsina

Assalamualaikum All,

So i went back to read ibn Al Qayyi's book Patience and Gratitude and I believe this is a book which should always be recommended and is very good for self introspection.

Here are a few hadaith which I wanted to share:

The prophet saw said The helpless man is the one who follows his whims and desires and indulges in wishful thinking( instead of being patient and turning to Allah

Ibn Abid Dunya and other scholars narrated a hadith.... one shaitan met another shaitan and asked him why he was so thin. the shatan responded I am itha man that when he eats he remembers the name of Allah so I cannot eat with him. And when he drinks he remembers thev name of Allah and I cannot drink with him. And when he enters his house he says the Name of Allah s I stay outside....The other Shaitan respondedwell I am with a man who when he eats he does not remember Allah so i eat with him and when he drinks he dos not remember Allah so i drink with him and when he enters his home he does not remember Allah so I enter with him

Abdullah ibn Msud related Aman wrestled with one of the men and beat him. The man asked why are you so weak and small and the Jinn responded I am very strong compared to the rest of the jinn. Somn aked Was that man Umar? and he replied who else?"(When one's imaan is high it becomes easy for them to hve patience and defeat that which would cause them to lack patience)

How strong is our patience , gratitude, and reliance upon our lord? Are we victims of our desires and a weapon for the Shaitan?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
:jazaak: for sharing,beautiful hadiths indeed and a great reminder.We need to strengthen our iman and have patience be grateful servants of our Lord.Shaytaan used to run from Hazrat 'Umar(raa).None of us are secure unless we guard ourselves and our intentions against shaytaan,man was created weak.If we follow our whims and desires,who follow satan surely we would be in loss.
Thanks for sharing.

:wasalam: