PEACE

crescent2003

PEACE

brothers and sisters assalamu alaikum.As u all know that there is a program every year called "PEACE vision of islam" in which exhibition on islam is conducted.

Can anyone tell me that is this not bidah.Did our prophet or sahabas or tabaeen conducted exhibition on islam every year.

And i have seen in TV shows when a question is asked by a non-muslim women they relay the same thing which i consider as a bad thing as u know seeing a ghair women is haram in islam and also there is mixup between womens and mens in peace exhibition.can anyone explain this to me.........

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Wa alaikum salam brother!

I am replying only because no one else replied to this, not because I know better.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FATWA SO PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND. IT IS MY OPINION AND A MULIM IS ALLOWED TO USE HIS BRAIN.

I personally do not know about the nature of this gathering as i never heard about it before nor did i participate in it.

Doing Dawah and spreading islam and educating mulims is not Bidah.

Gathering on a specific time every year is also not a Bidah if the time that is specified for the gathering is due to making it known to people when the program is so that they can prepare for joining it.

If the time specified every year is considered as a religious obligation or holy for this specific gathering/event, then it can be Bidah as it will be equivalent to adding something new to the religion of islam as part of the deen.

As about mixing of men and women, it is ofcourse not islamic. We should not be doing un-islamic things under the cover of islamic activities.

If the males and females are sharing the same hall, but separated in two sections then i dont see anything unislamic about it.

Wassalamu alaikum

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother!

Yes ofcourse, I won't dare disagreeing with you on that.

Dawah has to be done as the messenger of Allah has done.

Will you please point out what are the specific points you did not like about the event you mentioed?

I know you are right about the mixing issue. What are other things that you think are un-islamic about it?

Jazakallah khair

massi

Wa alaikum salam brother!

I am replying only because no one else replied to this, not because I know better.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FATWA SO PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND. IT IS MY OPINION AND A MULIM IS ALLOWED TO USE HIS BRAIN.

I personally do not know about the nature of this gathering as i never heard about it before nor did i participate in it.

Doing Dawah and spreading islam and educating mulims is not Bidah.

Gathering on a specific time every year is also not a Bidah if the time that is specified for the gathering is due to making it known to people when the program is so that they can prepare for joining it.

If the time specified every year is considered as a religious obligation or holy for this specific gathering/event, then it can be Bidah as it will be equivalent to adding something new to the religion of islam as part of the deen.

As about mixing of men and women, it is ofcourse not islamic. We should not be doing un-islamic things under the cover of islamic activities.

If the males and females are sharing the same hall, but separated in two sections then i dont see anything unislamic about it.

Wassalamu alaikum
:salam2:
I agree with you 100%
Specially the exhibition is very useful to introduce Islam
but
It must be separated between man and women
Allaah know the best