PHOTOS OF FACES

Karima

Asalamualikum,

While learning about Islam, I understood why the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not have his face showing. This is to bring all focus on Allah.

Also, it is advised to keep pictures of family or individuals to a minimum in the house for show...because this is haram. For example, no photos on walls, tables, etc. of family members.

Why are there those who post a thread and have a photo of someone for their icon? Are we to put emphasis on Allah and not on humans?

Salam

Delyan

salam

I personnaly have chosen the picture of a little muslim girl representing a certain idea of muslims who compose and are inside a community called Islam.That doesnt mean at alllllllll that this little gril means to me more than Allah wa ya3odobilah...Allah can't be represented for he is immeasurably and icommensurably what will never be able to imagine as the weak humans we are. Allah means everything for us and because He is all we have, we just are sometimes induced to raised up a certain ideal of what s in concret terms being, behaving, as " good muslims " ??? is that bad ??donno, thats not my opinion

sis delyan
wa salam

saqlawi

Muslim Student
You're right about not displaying photos of living things.

But I don't think the icon's purpose is for display, it's more for identification. It's easier for me to catch and recognize who's writing if I just look at the icon they chose to represent their own user name.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
My avatar is of the Chechnyan Mujahid.

[vg]-8059764118944084355[/vg]

They do Salat and they aren't dumb either; they read Quran and Hadith.

almouchie

were does it say its haram to put pictures of family in your house

Haram is ta7reem in islam & its a word not to be taken lightly
i would like to see some proof in hadeeth about it

Globalpeace

Banned
And my Avatar???

Asslamo Allaikum,

My Avatar is a symbol of my gratitude towards Her Majesty for allowing me to stay in her country and I am not the one to refuse Her Majesty’s hospitality; hence I will continue to be a loyal subject and prove my loyalty to Her Majesty at every opportunistic moment.

Before you look down upon me, please know that I am not alone there are many like me in our communities who continue to spy, report and serve Her Majesty’s interests above all other concerns.

And something tells me that I will not be the last.

almouchie

Asslamo Allaikum,

My Avatar is a symbol of my gratitude towards Her Majesty for allowing me to stay in her country and I am not the one to refuse Her Majesty’s hospitality; hence I will continue to be a loyal subject and prove my loyalty to Her Majesty at every opportunistic moment.

Before you look down upon me, please know that I am not alone there are many like me in our communities who continue to spy, report and serve Her Majesty’s interests above all other concerns.

are you for real
what do you mean a spy? & serve her interest
what r u scotland yard,
where are u from originally

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Asslamo Allaikum,

My English thoughts are not so good. Who is 'Her Majesty' ????

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam Brother,

The Queen of England.

Its sarcasm towards Muslims who sell us and our interests to the Kuffar! My avatar hints towards Busharrafs, Karzais of this world!

Brother from Lebanon thinks “I am a real spy”…That’s really funny Bro

My English thoughts are not so good. Who is 'Her Majesty' ????

almouchie

W-Salam Brother,

The Queen of England.

Its sarcasm towards Muslims who sell us and our interests to the Kuffar! My avatar hints towards Busharrafs, Karzais, of this world!

Brother from Lebanon thinks “I am a real spy”…That’s really funny Bro

salam bro
this is your sister from Lebanon

I guess I didnt get the subtle meaning
it isnt always easy to comprehend what muslim bros & sisters from our parts of the world say or think. this may come out wrong, but many think differently.
So I try not to assume things

there were kings before, & walis, (kisra w rum ) & there always will be
we just hope they fear Allah, & do as they should

Globalpeace

Banned
Safety first!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Sorry Sister; don't worry I am NOT a spy Insha'Allah...

But it is a reminder to everyone that I can be so just because you are on-line on a Muslim site; doesn't mean that you are NOT being monitored (by Allah & Secret Services)

salam bro
this is your sister from Lebanon

I guess I didnt get the subtle meaning
it isnt always easy to comprehend what muslim bros & sisters from our parts of the world say or think. this may come out wrong, but many think differently.
So I try not to assume things

there were kings before, & walis, (kisra w rum ) & there always will be
we just hope they fear Allah, & do as they should

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

People sellout their Deen when they dont follow the Quran and Sunnah, when they blindly support groups that have disgusting beliefs against our beloved Prophet:saw: and his family. Those who do Shirk and Bidah.

The people who follow Quran and Sunnah properly are very few. . . This is main reason for weakness of our Ummah.

People should read the articles here to learn more:

Ummah in Conflict

Its important.... If only people knew.

Anyway, this is going off-topic.

wasalam.