Planets

Younus

:salam2:

What are your comments on Pluto being relegated from the list of planets ?

May be a day will come when even the Earth will no longer be called as a planet. LOL

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:wasalam:
Pluto is too small to be a planet. I think there's some Dwarf Planets bigger than it. Plus, Pluto was a moon of Neptune and lost it's orbit. If Pluto is considered a planet, they should include all the other Dwarf Planets.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

There is sufficient data in the scientific community to reclassify Pluto as a "Trans-Neptunian Object" (TNO), however as of the last meeting of International Astronomical Union (IAU) Pluto has dual-classification i.e. a Planet (old classification & not demoted yet) & also A TNO.

However if Pluto is a planet then we have 100’s of Planets out there! So it should really be a “TNO”

All Praise be to Allah (SWT) who has created a beautiful world. Skies are the most beautiful in the Desert (almost nil cloud cover, low light pollution etc., and clear horizons); please don’t forget to wander off when you are in Saudia next & admire the creation of Allah (SWT)…

acedoc

a Different earth

What are your comments on Pluto being relegated from the list of planets ?

May be a day will come when even the Earth will no longer be called as a planet. LOL

How about when it will be called palnet "powder"....

That day is not far offf

Al Quran: (89:21)
As translated by Yusuf Ali: Nay! When the earth is pounded to powder

also see:

Al Quran: (84.3)
YUSUFALI: And when the earth is flattened out

Al Quran (69:14 )
YUSUFALI: And the earth is moved, and its mountains, and they are crushed to powder at one stroke

Younus

I've got to memorize that one to counter the arguments of the Qur'an talking about a flat Earth.

May be that verse of The Qur'an is actually referring to the Maidan-e-Hashr (The Gathering) which will be a flat spread out land on which the jinns, human beings will face Allah to give their accounts on The Day of Judgement.
inshaaAllah

Allah knows best.

sky_012

when we were younger we learnt many thigns about pluto and now they say it's not a planet , but these types of changes happen often because we have soooo much things to discover yet, the other day there was a documentary on tv on string theory , and like before they used to think that quarks are the fondamental particles and now they say no there are tinier string-like objects and keep changing the number of dimensions we need to make this theory available and universal , confusing :( and they say that thanks to string theory we can proove the existance of prallel universe , like our universe is only like a piece of bread and there are many others , it 's perhaps soon going to be proven that jinns exist , which has been made already clear in Quran but for those who didn't beleive this conception of parallel universes it will be a change

Allah SWT 's creation is perfect and sooo complex for us to understand things quickly :(

:wassalam:

Durriyyah

Forever Student

It is surprising to me that they pulled Pluto out of the list of planets, but I have bought some books on the Universe for my daughter recently and it still has it listed. Now I have to re-learn this for when my daughter gets in that topic at school. :hijabi:

:wasalam:

haris

Patience
Salam O Alikum

There are some heavenly bodies in cuper belt which are bigger than pluto. If we treat pluto as planet it would be mighty unfair to those bodies. Plus the courses for the children science books would be much more heavier with all those "planets". So the easier way is to downgrade pluto's staus to a dwarf planet.

Wsalam

Globalpeace

Banned
Apologies & Goodbye Planet Pluto

Asslamo Allaikum Brothers/Sisters,

International Astronomical Union (IAU) General Assembly resolution 5A & 6A now exclude Pluto as being the Planet (as we knew & loved).

This means that the Solar System consists of eight "planets" Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. A new distinct class of objects called "dwarf planets" was also decided. It was agreed that "planets" and "dwarf planets" are two distinct classes of objects. The first members of the "dwarf planet" category are Ceres, Pluto and 2003 UB313 (temporary name). More "dwarf planets" are expected to be announced by the IAU in the coming months and years. Currently a dozen candidate "dwarf planets" are listed on IAU's "dwarf planet" watchlist, which keeps changing as new objects are found and the physics of the existing candidates becomes better known.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not keeping abreast of IAU developments and resolutions for this year & providing incorrect information in my 1st post.

Jazakullah Khairun

:astag: :astag: :astag:

SpangledStarz

Jazakallahu khair for sharing info. The three dwarf planets are pictured below :):

26f26e8c4ab7de93a164604dcab57e6899302667.jpg