Please help me in doing dawah

riz_1982

:salam2: Brother and Sisters please help me in doing Dawah to an atheist. He quoted me a Quranic verse and saying that it has an error.
His question is as follow.

(Quote:
"Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted - Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs:" S. 86:5-7

The Greeks thought that semen originated in the backbone and this was copied into the Quran. Semen comes from the testicles, which as you should know are not "between the backbone and the ribs".)

Please help me how should I answer him back.

ajazz

assalamualikum

Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted--proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs. (Surah 86, Verses 5-7)

The idea here is that the verse is inaccurate because it depicts sperm as coming from between the backbone and the ribs when it actually comes from the testes. But sperm does not come in drops. It is the semen, the pasty coating in which the sperm is contained, that comes in drops, and this is made in the prostate, which is located in the torso (in other words, between the back and the ribs, the opposite sides of the torso).

This explanation is by brother
Yahya Sulaiman in a forum, which i copied and pasted.

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
It is much better to say "I dont know" from things you are in doubt 'cause this is the advice of our beloved prophet sws in his sunnah.

As much as possible try to get him into a discussion in which you are certain (Oneness of Allah, etc).

In your case, Allah swt clearly stated in the Quran:

[6.25] And of them is he who hearkens to you, and We have cast veils over their hearts lest they understand it and a heaviness into their ears; and even if they see every sign they will not believe in it; so much so that when they come to you they only dispute with you; those who disbelieve say: This is naught but the stories of the ancients.

Assalamualaikum and Eid Mubarak

ajazz

Assalamualikum

yes its better not to argue but what if you yourself fall in doubt?

so lets clear the doubt, ok!

semen does not comes from testicles.

"Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted - Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs:" S. 86:5-7

the above verse does not say sperm which would be inaccurate.
so what is emitted?
it is semen, so drop meaning semen.

Semen facts

Semen doesn't just contain sperm, but fluids secreted by several glands during ejaculation.

Sperm are produced in the testes,and sperm is not liquid
  • During sexual arousal, and close to the point of climax, semen travels from the epididymis through a tube called the vas deferens. Here, it picks up a fluid rich in fructose - a sugary substance that acts a bit like rocket fuel.
  • Other fluids kick in along the way to the urethra (the tube that runs the length of the penis). This comes from the prostate gland, the Cowper's glands and the seminal vesicles. Some secretions are designed to neutralise acids (such as urine traces in the urethra), others provide vital enzymes).
  • The finished product contains approximately just 10% sperm. The rest consists of enzymes, vitamin C, calcium, protein, sodium, zinc, citric acid and fructose sugar.
http://tinyurl.com/2ly8ol

so semen has two distinct component sperm and liquid and it is the liquid that is emitted along with the sperm

what is this liquid made of and where does it comes from?

it comes from prostate gland, the Cowper's glands and the seminal vesicles
and it contains enzymes, vitamin C, calcium, protein, sodium, zinc, citric acid and fructose sugar.

where do we get enzymes, vitamin C, calcium, protein, sodium, zinc, citric acid and fructose sugar?
from the food which is digested in our stomach

and where are prostate gland, the Cowper's glands , seminal vesicles
and the stomach located?

between the backbone and the ribs!!!!

The Arabic words: Bain usSulbe watTaraib

Sulb = backbone, loin, lower back; Taraib = ribs, breastbone, chest.

Bain = between, among, amidst

It is a phrase in Arabic that is similar to the English phrase, “somewhere between the front and the back”