please help need advice asap

salaams i aint been on here for a while but i have a question a friend at work has asked if i will give her the quran in english so she can read it then get back to me. but she gave me a book and its about jesus i dnt no if i should read it as im scared that if i do then it might affect my dean but im stroung enough in my religion but i dnt no what could happen so how do i tel her i because i dnt want to affend her i would appreciate any replys or comments you have and also a i work in an office and was wondering how do i deal with people who judge me for wearing a scarf when they dnt even no me i get nervous easily and dnt no what to do or how to stop the nerves any comments please do so jasakallah khair may allah bless you all:tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am one who reads everything. I read to gain an understanding of the others perspective. By reading the book you will learn the vocabulary that yiour friend uses. It will open a way of discussing. It will not decrease your faith. Islam trains us to use our intellect. Use your judgement. In future discussion you can quote from the book and cite examples from the Quran.
If that makes you uncomfortable do not read...but do not expect your friend to read either.

As for being the only one in the office wearing a scarf. They will get over it. You will be excluded from the tgif's after work...you will not be in any get togethers...but they will respect you.

somewhatinspired

salam

in my opinion reading material about others beliefs can only strengthen your iman and understanding of Islam.

i think this is a very good way to help people understand Islam.

because if you show someone that you respect them enough to learn about what they believe; if they are a good person, they will be inclined to learn about what you believe.

and if they aren't, o well... you did the right thing and learned something new.
and they will know inside that they are afraid to read what you have to show them because they are not confidant about their own beliefs.

which may bring them to Islam later anyway.

Insha Allah

jaaskallah

jaaskallah for your comments im very gratefull and i trhink i wil decide to read the book now as i think the person will think that im afraid and im not afraid so inshallah we will talk about it and we both can discuss what we think inshallah may allah bless you for hel[ing me jasakalla khair

ferhat

Allah Loves You, when you love Him

Please Read the holly Quran; please learn it well. I suggest you to learn islam well ,by reading Quran and Hadiths.
And consider this; What will be your intention when you read the other book. * Does Allah(Swt) consent it?
* Will you be better muslim by reading this book?
* Is your islamic knowledge good enough?

it was 2 years ago, becouse my ex-girlfriend was christian I read Bible, i wanted to see what she's believing to.
Becouse i saw many contradictory statements,nudity, historical mistakes in it i couldnt stand anymore and throw it out.
When i asked her about these things, she gave me a ridiculous answer
"its my religion i cant judge it, i shouldnt penetrate and go in to details"... Thats how they re thinking my friend.
If you wanna tell them about Islam, LIVE THE ISLAM, Practise the islam. And dont ever affraid to be humiliated 'cos you wear hijab,praying salah etc.
---
When you wear hijab Allah is pleased; Does it matter if other people get angry?!

Globalpeace

Banned
You don't have to read it!

W-Salam Sister,

How are Rovers doing? You think you guys will have a good season, ahead? :)

Anyways; I hate to be the odd one out...

I agree that she has asked for the Qur'aan so you supply it to her & that's all that's that.

Not everybody is Aapa Mehnaz (Mirajmom)who can read stuff, digest it instantly, and be ready for a debate in the next few hours and give a person a lecture (in a nice way Appa!)

I suggest that if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t read it and you are under no obligation to do so either.

Give it a pass and read something from Qur’aan & Sunnah. In time, you will be ready, confident and rearing to read material from other religions, Insha’Allah

So graduate to that level & when you are ready, you will be ready.

salaams i aint been on here for a while but i have a question a friend at work has asked if i will give her the quran in english so she can read it then get back to me. but she gave me a book and its about jesus i dnt no if i should read it as im scared that if i do then it might affect my dean but im stroung enough in my religion but i dnt no what could happen so how do i tel her i because i dnt want to affend her i would appreciate any replys or comments you have and also a i work in an office and was wondering how do i deal with people who judge me for wearing a scarf when they dnt even no me i get nervous easily and dnt no what to do or how to stop the nerves any comments please do so jasakallah khair may allah bless you all:tti_sister:

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Personally speaking, I do not believe in cowardice when it comes to Islaam. Because if we fear Allah, then other fears shouldn't be there, and if we fear the worst of them which is fear of dying in Kufr, then regardless of what people say or think it should not matter.

I wouldn't read it. I'm sorry, but I think at this point, i barely, inconsequently don't even know enough about Qur'aan or Hadith. Why would i delve into anything else? When I cannot claim to really know my OWN religion I don't see how I could go read about anyone elses. I know Islaam is the truth, and I love it dearly, and afterward, have no desire at all to spend my time in way of reading a book which deals with ignorance and blashphemy.

If i want to raise my Eeman, I'd try to do it by reading more on Islaam. I will say though, that doing that doesn't always make me happy in a way of elation. Reading on Islaam makes a person sad sometimes, about how things are, and how they go and what they are spending their life doing, who they are. But really, if you think about, these questions are prudent in forming ourselves and bringing ourselves closer to Allah.

Instead of making yourself feel better by seeing "OH, look how misguided the Kaffirs are".... is not better to do a cross examination and think "OH look how little I know about my own religion"

I mean, I know even with the former, it may make us even more grateful to be a Muslim. But you know what? Why aren't we that grateful already? And if we are already that grateful, then I don't see why that must be spent in way of reading books of other faiths.

I don't know how long I'll live, so what state do I want to die in if I died right now?

I don't know, it's just my usual ranting. But I will say, I've known people who thought they had enough Eeman to go for this. The ended out more screwed up than ever before, MAY allah guide them :SMILY23: !!!!!!

I don't want anyone to have that happen to them. So my advice is to stick to Islaamic books.

"It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words." (Bukhari)

wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother GP, I am just boring and read and love to debate. As Islam is the Truth we can have no fear when confronting anything else. As I digest more and more of the depth and breadth of Islam it makes it so much easier to deconstruct the arguments of everthing that is non-Islam.
However, the comfort level is individual. Allah subahana talla is the One who raises our deen. Do that which leaves your heart light.