PLEASE HELP !!!

sweetshaama

Assalaamu Alaikum Dear brothers and sisters,

A brother who lives abroad brought in a marriage proposal for me through his parents. All went well, Alhamdulillah and I am also confident about the brother's character and religious knowledge from the conversations we had. We have seen each other only via pictures. He had told me that he was a person who had gone through so many hardships, educated himself and now in a very higher position in his company and so many people are jealous of him, for various reasons. He also said he does not have many friends and like to be alone most of the time. He was planning to come and see me end of this week and meanwhile when my parents enquired about him from his work colleagues nobody said anything positive or negative about him, they were being neutral as if they don't want to say anything about him, except one who is not in good terms with him spontaneously mentioned about him even without us asking that he saw him dropping a female colleague of his after work and he had his arms around her, plus he saw them again in a shopping mall together and they were holding hands. My parents got worried and explained the situation to his parents, for which him and his parents were extremely disappointed and he has promised to come anyway, meet my parents and clear the mess about him as he cannot tolerate anyone demeaning his character.

Now, my concern is what should I do ? When the proposal came I prayed Isthkara recited and events which followed after made me firm on this proposal, I did not have an inch of doubt about his character, in fact even now no matter what others are saying my instincts say that cannot be it, plus bearing in mind we don't have any proofs. I am glad he wants to come and clear things than hiding inside a nutshell. What I am thinking is should I trust what others say and say NO this this bro ? or should I place the trust on Allah and decide according to his guidance ? I am very concerned because just because others say I don't want to make the mistake of blaming him falsely nor do I want to trust him blindly. This is not what I want, I want what Allah has and that's best for me. But please give me some advice on how to deal with this situation. inshAllah when he comes to talk to my parents at the end of this week, should I also talk to him directly and clear all my concerns ?

sclavus

Assalaamo alaykum,

You cannot know the truth about a person just by talking to them or by trusting your "instinct". He'll give you his version of the facts, you'll be convinced and that's it.

My personal advice is: try to delay the face to face meeting and keep on searching and asking about him. Ask everybody and you'll have a conclusion. You might be lied to by a person or two because of jealousy and the like but you'll never be lied to by everybody.

Give yourselves enough time, there's no rush at all.

And there's no such a thing like a neutral testimony from people who are in contact with a person. Either you are pleased or upset. Your impression is good or bad.

People who work for him right now will tell you nothing, because they'll have problems. Instead, ask people who used to work for him, females especially, his former secretary for example, females from other companies who have business contacts with him right now, that kind of people.

You have also his local Imam and neighbors. Does he pray? Dose he bring females to his apartment?

Do it openly and don't be ashamed in any way by such a practice and if he has got something to hide he'll be really upset if he discovers that you and your family are following him around like detectives. If in the contrary, he'll ask and beg you and your family to inquire about him, "I have nothing to hide, ask whomever you want!".

After doing all of that, you can pray two rakaas and try make your mind. This no joke at all, good sister. That is the Islamic correct way to deal with things: Plant the apple tree, water it, then pray for apples.

Be sure that we'll pray for you good sister in faith,

Peace and blessings.

sclavus

Something else,

Some people here in the forums might live near your location or his location and might help you as well. They can drop you PMs or something. Don't be afraid of that, we are all brothers.

sweetshaama

Something else,

Some people here in the forums might live near your location or his location and might help you as well. They can drop you PMs or something. Don't be afraid of that, we are all brothers.

Jazakallah Khair for your reply bro, I will take on board what you said and I am already on it. Actually he lives in Abu Dhabi, so I really would not mind if someone who lives there could help me with this.

sultanb

walaikumsalam sister,

I think in this situation, you would need three people to confirm the story. So, you can try to confirm it with other co-workers. I think they will tell you the truth since marriage is a serious thing to jump into. If that one person is the only one that can confirm it, he needs to say on Allah's name that he's telling the truth, three times.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alakium,

I am rather hesitant to respond, but will.

Marriage is built on trust. And here you are all excited and just before Ramamdan you get slapped by shytan. What a big hole to put in your heart. And it seems everyone in the village is interested in this one.

Slow everything down. When he comes be open to him. So he gave a ride to a female co-worker. It is not a good idea, but it is not the end of the world.

Please do not torture yourself until you speak to him. Shytan is so busy flooding your thoughts with doubts and suspicions. Do let him know that your tender, and I mean tender, feelings have been hurt.

InshaAllah, it will work out.

In all honesty compared to what goes on in the duyna this is really small stuff. Do not allow a drop of water to become an ocean. And let me know in a PM or on the forum how things work out.

We have to be so vigilant at this time before Ramadan. I will keep you in my dua, sweet sister.

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
W/salam,

Yes, Aapa said it right, dont be upset and do not allow shaytan the accursed to whisper around, take ur time, relax and try to give him the room to express what its actually all about, and things shall go smooth then insha ALLAH :)