Please make dua for me...I think hope is slipping away

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

I dont know if it was right of me to type this message. But I think I want some words of encouragement. I made dua for quite awhile now. and it is not answered yet. I really hoped that Allah SWT would answer my prayers during the summer. But I think that hope is slowly slipping away. My duas are simple nothing worldy that im asking for. you may say I have to work for my duas. But for 3 of my duas I dont know what to do to get them answered. Some of you might say that my duas will be answered in paradise but for some reason I find that saying to be discouraging. I think its because im desperate for my duas to be answered the way I'd like them to be answered. I've asked on this website If Allah SWT had answered their duas the way they asked for. And quite a few of them said yes. So that put my hopes up that Allah SWT would answer my duas the way I'd like them to be. But I've been waiting for a long time now and still waiting and I THINK im slowly starting to lose hope.

I dont know If I typed this message to gain sympathy from you or what.....Im not sure why I wrote this message.

Ya Allah SWT forgive me If I said something in my message that disppleases you .

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
salaams,....the key word is patience. the dua is like a seed, u plant it and it grows, it takes time. also, think about your dua, is it really baneficial to your deen, Allah swt says you may want for somthing that you think is good, but its not, so Allah maynot give it to you, but he may give you somthing for you which is better for you..also ask your self are you working for it...:hijabi:

bangtorr

salamualaikum,
brother, there is a surat, forgot where in the quran ...i think in 4th or 3rd, but its-- wusabri wasulaat. which means have patience and pray salat(namaz) so all i can say is have patience in what you desire in your dua and pray nafl prayers, also remember while your making dua that allah is with you always and you should have a strong iman..but be patient brother.

but brother if your desires in your duas arnt completed in the world, then walk away from it blindly, and dont think-"Why, didn't allah accept my dua?" or anything like that because allah swt, has maybe protected you from any danger that was in your desire. don't worry brother, jsut ask forgiveness in your duas and ur desires and allah will maybe not give you your desire in the world, but insha'allah it will be accomplished in the hereafter

May allah accept your duas.

Islam!!yay

salaams,....the key word is patience. the dua is like a seed, u plant it and it grows, it takes time. also, think about your dua, is it really baneficial to your deen, Allah swt says you may want for somthing that you think is good, but its not, so Allah maynot give it to you, but he may give you somthing for you which is better for you..also ask your self are you working for it...:hijabi:

well I said 3 of my duas i dont know how to work for it. And what I want is, Im very sure, something that muslims already have. one of my duas is to be more sociable and make more friends easily. PLease dont say make friends at the mosque or join outside activites. No cause I dont think this will help me be more sociable. Im pretty sure some muslims have this ability. So is being sociable a bad thing ?? I dont think so , it depends on how you use it. And my other dua is to daydream less excessively. I can go on daydream for hours and not do anything. And to control myself not to daydream is hard. And I have two more duas that also something about me. So the duas that I mentioned are bad for me well I dont think theyre bad , and Like i said for being social, it depends on how you use your social skills.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Brother, it may seem like your duaas are not being answered, and its for a reason. Allah is Most Merciful and He does not do what you want when you want it, He is in control of All, mashallah. Maybe our duaas are not answered because it is not good for us or benefit us or Allah is saving us from something that could be harmful to us. What did not come to you, was NOT meant to come to you.

Whatever you do, do not abandon duaa, it is the weapon of the believer and very powerful, I have personally experienced it and many others here, Alhamdullilah. Patience, patience, and more patience, Allah is testing us and will give us when HE see fit to. Stay strong akhi, keep your faith and trust in Allah, He will never fail you and since this is the blessed month of Ramadan, duaa is strongly recommended more from us. I will keep you in my duaas brother.

Allah knows best.:blackhijab::tti_sister:

Islam!!yay

Brother, it may seem like your duaas are not being answered, and its for a reason. Allah is Most Merciful and He does not do what you want when you want it, He is in control of All, mashallah. Maybe our duaas are not answered because it is not good for us or benefit us or Allah is saving us from something that could be harmful to us. What did not come to you, was NOT meant to come to you.

Whatever you do, do not abandon duaa, it is the weapon of the believer and very powerful, I have personally experienced it and many others here, Alhamdullilah. Patience, patience, and more patience, Allah is testing us and will give us when HE see fit to. Stay strong akhi, keep your faith and trust in Allah, He will never fail you and since this is the blessed month of Ramadan, duaa is strongly recommended more from us. I will keep you in my duaas brother.

Allah knows best.:blackhijab::tti_sister:

Did Allah SWT answer your dua the way you want it ?

Islam!!yay

I heard in the Quran Allah SWT answers duas, I dont think Allah SWT would hide anything. If he doesnt answer a dua and unanswered duas will be rewarded in Heaven instead then He would say it in the Quran.

slave_of_Allah

Akhi, reading your words left me thinking....

You think Allah doesn't hear you asking, He hears and responds, and knows what is in your heart. Allah does respond, but you have to keep asking Him, pleading with Him. Allah loves it when you plead and keep asking Him. Allah wants to see how strong you are, whether you will give up hope, or keep asking.

Akhi think about all that Allah has done for you, and you are giving up hope, is it worth it? All the times when you might have gone astray, Allah was still there. Allah loves you dearly, and Allah gives you only what is best for you.

You mentioned being more socaible. You know akhi, you don't need too many friends. I don't have many TRUE friends, the ones that i keep close to my heart are the ones who remind me of Allah. You know you have Allah, build a strong relationship with Allah, cry to Allah, surely He is listening. You have to believe that Allah will respond, and He will. I know because i am talking from expereince. Please have patience, don't lose hope. Listen to the words of Qur'an:

So Allah saved them from the evil of that Day and gave them a light of beauty and joy and their recompense shall be Paradise and silken garments, because they were patient. Soorah al - Insaan (76): 11 - 12.

There is so much more i can write, but i will stop now, and leave you to think about Allah's mercy. Allah blessed you with Islam - is this not enough to make you weep. Akhi weep out of the fear of Allah, this will bring you closer to Allah.

Whosoever has taqwa (fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him), He will make his affair easy for him. Soorah at - Talaaq (65):4

a_stranger

well I said 3 of my duas i dont know how to work for it. And what I want is, Im very sure, something that muslims already have. one of my duas is to be more sociable and make more friends easily. PLease dont say make friends at the mosque or join outside activites. No cause I dont think this will help me be more sociable. Im pretty sure some muslims have this ability. So is being sociable a bad thing ?? I dont think so , it depends on how you use it. And my other dua is to daydream less excessively. I can go on daydream for hours and not do anything. And to control myself not to daydream is hard. And I have two more duas that also something about me. So the duas that I mentioned are bad for me well I dont think theyre bad , and Like i said for being social, it depends on how you use your social skills.

Brother , i think you sould understand the sunan of Allah swt(ways) which is very clear in Quran:

13:11 For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him: They guard him by command of Allah. Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him, any to protect.

You should do something , you should follow the way of the prophet :saw2:who was the best person walked on earth , first try with purifying heart: the way we think about people lead us to deal with them in someway. If your heart is full of good will you will find it easier to deal with others. You should strengthen your will and soul. Invite people, make some food, be freindly . Convince yourself that dreaming will never make any good for you ....start some good work. I am sure if you work with yourself Allah swt will answer your duaa, The prophet:saw2: never surrender and made duaa for Allah swt , he :saw2: worked hard and made a lot of duaa.

:salah:

Islam!!yay

I believe I've been waiting for my dua to be answered for more than 2 years. I know the stories of the Prophets who waited for so long a Dua to be answered, but im only young and school is starting and I have no excitement to go back to school. It may seem like unimportant to you but to me it is. This is my last year of high school and I want to have the excitement of going back to school for the last time , but I cant cause of what I am. So I really hope Allah SWT answers my dua before school starts.

Islam!!yay

Please reflect a bit on what God says in 2:216,
"Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And God Knows, while you do not know." (2:216)

Sometimes God answers a prayer by denying it! Because it would cause you more harm than good. Rest assured that God has already answered your prayer; you just don't recognize the answer. Don't be discouraged by that kind of talk. Instead put your trust in God and move on with your life.

thats kind of hard to do.

safiya58

tie down your camel

you are not praying for any material stuff or someting.... you want to change yourself.... as much I understand your aim is to improove yourself...

and that is great.... it is so good that you are aware of your weak points and that you want to improove yourself... it is also great that you trust in Allah

In sura Ali-´Imran verse 159 it is written: ".... God loves those who trust in Him."

Al Ma´ida 23: "...But on Allah put your trust if you have faith"

so far so good. but where is your struggle...?
Is the only thing you do in order to reach your goals, praying....? I´m not gonna contest the value of praying to Allah... but relying on Allah does not mean beeing passive....!

look at this hadith: One day Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it. He asked the Bedouin, "Why don't you tie down your camel?" The Bedouin answered, "I put my trust in Allah." The Prophet then said, "Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah" (Tirmidhi).

Islam is encouraging us to work hard and to take action. and in fact when you look at the lives of all prophets you will see that they was always struggeling. they did not only pray...

so lil brother turn each worry into a dua and each dua into an action plan! Do what you can do and leave the matter to Allah....! and inshaallah you will be successfull.

our behaviour is a mirrow of our subconsciousness. You can change alot if you take a look inside and
change the way you think.... it sounds easy but it is hard work...

I wish to see you succeed

ve aleykum selam

bangtorr

Did Allah SWT answer your dua the way you want it ?

Insha'allah, but my duas are about when im still growing and in adulthood, so in this case i dont know. but so many of my duas were acceptd and so many wern't thats all I can say.

but what "slave_of_allah" said is all true:
Akhi think about all that Allah has done for you, and you are giving up hope, is it worth it? All the times when you might have gone astray, Allah was still there. Allah loves you dearly, and Allah gives you only what is best for you.
you see... if allah loves everyone because he is giving us food to survive, clothes, and shelter (Im NOT trying to say allah DOESN'T the poor, because they are in the test for us to pay zakaat to them).so don't stop your duas and start :)astag:) hate in your heart with allah, because that can lead to so many sins.
also like:
...cry to Allah, surely He is listening...
you should cry in nafl salaats, in duas, even when sitting and remembering allah, even i cried in taraweeh prayers.

may allah accept all of our duas.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
oh sister!...
have patience dear...
allah sees you, sees that how much pain you have, and he tests you, and keep testing you...
atlast indeed your duaas will be answered..
i pray allah the same...

Islam!!yay

oh sister!...
have patience dear...
allah sees you, sees that how much pain you have, and he tests you, and keep testing you...
atlast indeed your duaas will be answered..
i pray allah the same...

Im not sure If your talking to me or not. But if you are ...im a brother :)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

O my young brother! Be patient and have utmost trust in Allah. We all do have many Du'as which we hope will be fulfilled later, or in Judgment day.

It is included in the Etiquettes and Manners of du'a the following.

Persistence in du'a, not being hasty and abandoning du'a

One must be patient for ones Du'a to be accepted, as hastiness is one of the causes for its rejection or disapproval. We must attend to our Du'a with perseverance, repetition and persistence.

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi waalam) said,
The du'a of any worshipper will continue to be responded to, as long as he does not ask for a sin or breaking the ties of kinship, and as long as he is not hasty'.
It was asked, 'O Messenger of Allah, and what does it mean to be hasty? He responded,
'A worshipper says, 'I have prayed and prayed, and I don't see that it will be accepted,' so he gives up hope of being answered and leaves du'a'

[abu Hurairah narrated in Muslim in Sahih al-Jami #7705]

Umar ibn al-Khattab (radiAllahu anhu) said: "I do not carry the worry of acceptance but the worry of du'a. If I am inspired on how du'a is made, acceptance will accompany it."

A'isha (radiAllahu anha) said: "No believer makes du'a and it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get frustrated."

Thus, don't rush or be impatient. Allah dislikes that.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I believe I've been waiting for my dua to be answered for more than 2 years. I know the stories of the Prophets who waited for so long a Dua to be answered, but im only young and school is starting and I have no excitement to go back to school. It may seem like unimportant to you but to me it is. This is my last year of high school and I want to have the excitement of going back to school for the last time , but I cant cause of what I am. So I really hope Allah SWT answers my dua before school starts.

wow 2 years???.....i had been waiting for my dua to b answered for 5 years!!!!!!
u jz soon realize that it was for the better cause i found out if i had gotten what i asked for i might have bcome a kaffir.....in respect to my dua of course....

:hearts::hearts:

neemsay

Dua is a gift

,السلام عليكم

I am glad you posted this; I made an account just to reply. I have read through the replies, and mashallah they're all very good. I would just like to reiterate that you must be steadfast. But I also wanted to speak from first hand experience; I have been in a similar place as you. High school in the western world is rough; with the onset of partying, the social hierarchy and the need for acceptance it is hard for muslim youth to feel comfortable. I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful-not always so supportive-but genuine group of friends in high school. Many of my friends in high school were busy bodies, they ran cross country and track, they were in yearbook and they were IB students; so, it seemed natural that we'd grow to be good friends. But, many of us parted ways during college and others just parted with old behavior. Many joined the partying scene and became too hard to relate to. I started feeling alone, socially akward and boring; I suddenly felt friend-less and alone, at times I still do. But along with prayer and dua, I have strenghthened my familial relationships and found that deeply satisfying. My advice to you is to strenghten your deen so much so, that you are fearless; you are not embarassed or afraid of anyone. Activate your own goofiness, laugh and be yourself. Some will like who you are others will not; thats life. The only true concern you should have is whether Allah approves. I have found excercise, music and humor to be the true cures for my social anxiety. I pray that you are able to tap into one of them and find the same. I will make dua for you.
As for the day dreaming, we all experience this; and I know at times it can become debilitating. For this, I recommend setting goals.
However, I know there are no sure fire cures for either of the two; so, as someone replied above you must work as hard as you can and then leave the rest to Allah. If both of your problems seem to be helpless with any self help remedies; I recommend praying istikhara about various professional forms of help- for example talk therapy.
I feel as if I have written a book so I'll end here; but, I pray that your duas will be answered and your burdens be lifted. I am unsure as to what your belief of music is, but 'don't worry be happy' by Bobby McFerrin always puts a smile on my face.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum my lil brother!
well, you're going to be a senior I think. As you said, you want to be more sociable, but what if that is bad for you and Allah is stoping that from happening? I know its hard for us teens especially when we live here in the west where we have to put up with the demands of the society. Maybe, you dont think been social is bad, but it could be. If you're you'll end up befriending many people who might take you from the remembarance of Allah ta'ala......you know what I mean......or you might start having too much fun because you want to have fun.? I just want to give you an image, so you have something to ponder upon. Allah loves to hear His servant's duas and He'll sure answer you BUT you gotta have complete faith and trust in His devine decisions, and be happy with what you got as of right now inshaAllah.
Be steadfast in your deen, befriend Allah, be content and Allah will never let you down! period!!!
and never ever lose hope in the Almighty GOD! who have created you ! guided you to Islam! dont lose hope in asking HIM.....nagging Him ! wallahi He is the best to ask of and He wont let youuu down....you just gotta trust inshaAllah.
I'll include you in my duas
may Allah make things easy on you!ameen