Please Make Dua For Me...

Casiva

A Servant of Allah
Assalamualaikum,
Please,I ask for your kindness to make dua for me because of my pathetic state right know.
It has been two years since I graduated but I still can't find a proper job. I don't know what is wrong with me. I graduated with good GPA,have many organizational experiences,committee experiences,training/seminar experiences,and behave nicely. I have tried anything. I have gone through countless interviews and tests. But still,I can't get a job. Is there any specific dua to make me easier to get a job?I will appreciate every help. Thank you :)

sultanb

:wasalam: sister.

It's a difficult situation, I am in similar situation as you also. But inshaAllah with sabr and salat, we will be shown a way out.

Here is a beautiful du'a made by Prophet Ayyub (alayhi salam):
And [mention] Ayyub, when he called to his Lord, "Indeed, adversity has touched me, and you are the Most Merciful of the merciful." 21.83

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,
InshaAllah. In these times you learn to depend upon Allah subhana wa taala. The economy is ugly. And the times are not easy. But, keep positive. This is a period when you learn to become tough and compassionate. I can endure and when ease comes to me I will treat others with love.

Peony Weed

:wasalam:

I'm jobless too and not giving up...It's tough for me to find job in my own expertise, an interviewer cynically commented that in my profession only 1% of business is not riba related. so I am trying hard to get that 1%. :inshallah: I will have another interview on the 9/10/2012, and this time I make sure the bank practise Islamic bank concept...so pray for me too.

Sometimes it's good to check and update your resume. Since you're fresh grad, maybe lack of working experience is a factor and your reliability in working environment could be the question (i.e: attendance, retention etc). Have you consider a part-time job related to your expertise (or not)? you could use it to improve your references at the same time. You never know if you're good, you could be promoted. Contact the company for your interview feedback or if they don't response, I normally recall back my interview and improve on the weak area.

So, I'm not sure if there's specific du'a, but I supposed the best du'a that one could say is sincere from own heart and request that the rezki are halal whatever the job may be. I normally read Surat At-Tawbah, ayat 129 few times before I apply for the jobs and before going in for interview. It helps to remind me that i need to work hard and do my best preparation first and then I let Allah decides.

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

Obviously we all need a job for the money, but you can't get a job unless you've had a job. My advice: try to find an unpaid internship around. Yes you won't get paid, but people will bend over backwards to hire you and you'll get something concrete for your resume, at the very least. Keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and use other Social Media resources available to you. Best of luck and you'll be in my duas insha'Allah.

strive-may-i

Assalamualaikum,
Please,I ask for your kindness to make dua for me because of my pathetic state right know.
It has been two years since I graduated but I still can't find a proper job. I don't know what is wrong with me. I graduated with good GPA,have many organizational experiences,committee experiences,training/seminar experiences,and behave nicely. I have tried anything. I have gone through countless interviews and tests. But still,I can't get a job. Is there any specific dua to make me easier to get a job?I will appreciate every help. Thank you :)

Walaikum Salaam,

Define 'proper job'. Does it mean you have a job, and are looking for something else?

muhammad sabri

:salam2:

My dear Sister, as other have already said Sabr is the best thing you can hold on for AllaH(subhana wa taAla) said in the Quran: ''Verily Allah is with the patient ones..'', so be patient, be sincere in your Duas by talking to Allah(subhana wa taala) as if you were seeing Him and without having any doubt that He's listening and that surely He'll answer inch'Allah.
So i want to add a Dua found in the Quran which helped me in every situation :)..here it is:

He (Musa) said: "O my Lord! Expand my breast for me and make my affair easy to me, and loose the knot from my tongue, (that) they may understand my word..." 20: 25-28
--------------TRASLITERATION BELOW-----------

قَالَ رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي

25. Qala rabbi ishrah lee sadree

وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي

26. Wayassir lee amree

وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي

27. Waohlul AAuqdatan min lisanee

يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

28. Yafqahoo qawlee

I also pray Allah(subhana wa taAla) that He may guide you and all the believers who are in a similiar siuation to that which is best in this life and especially in the akhira and may He(subhana wa taAla) forgive all our sins that we may inch0Allah meet our Creator in the purest of states with Him being pleased with us and us with Him :)

:wasalam:

wajazakallahu khayran

Precious Star

Assalamualaikum,

There is nothing wrong with you. The world is changing rapidly and we are in the midst of a global recession. New grads are hurting everywhere.

You need to distinguish yourself. In addition,

- have you tried a headhunter or recruiter? Try several.
- are you open to moving to another city? I know it's scary, but if there are better options elsewhere, what choice do you have?
- thnk about this: to what extent are your skills transferable? Can you use your degree in another field? Perhaps, look for other professional jobs that will utilize the skills learned from your degree.
- to keep your self esteem up, find any job. You will earn money and interact with other people. When you are not working, take more courses and do lots of volunteer work.

Hope this helps

Casiva

A Servant of Allah
Walaikum Salaam,

Define 'proper job'. Does it mean you have a job, and are looking for something else?

No,I don't have a job yet :'(
Thank you all for the supports and suggestions,it is very meaningful to me.
It is not only pathetic but also shameful to me. I am one of the best student in my college,but I still can't find a job while my other friends whose achievements lower than me have had jobs. People started to talk about me and my failure behind my back. My mother cursed me and my other relatives laughed at me. Imagine how shameful is it to be the best student but can't make a living. I feel so useless... :'(
My father has tried to get me a job illegal way, but I refused. In fact,some of my friends get a job by this illegal way. But I know it is a sin so don't want to participate. My father said that if that was the case then I would get difficulty in getting a job. It is proven to be true. Is it this difficult to be a good muslim and avoiding any sins? :'(
Please make dua for me so I can be strong facing this trial and get a job quickly. Thank you for anyone who already did. Please keep supporting me. I hope all of us muslims will be blessed by Allah. Amin

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Several things and remember I am using your post as a reference point.

Making good grades has nothing to do with being hired. The employer is not interested in how well you did. They want someone who can get the job done i.e. productivity with minimal interaction. They want an invisible worker bee.
Simple tips: have someone tape a mock interview with you and see how you come across. It is fun. I have used it with adult students and they were amazed with the results. Body language conveys a lot. Go volunteer. It beats sitting around and being depressed. You can do it once a week. But, it helps to be in the swing of things.

Now, what is this about shame. Get a grip. We are living in an economy where men can not support their families. That is the reality of life. We are forced to forget about the degrees behind our names and if need be roll up our sleeves and work. Take a look around. How can there be shame when the economy sucks. If you must get a job try flipping burgers. It gives you skills. It demonstrates that you are willing to do whatever it takes to put food on the table.

Now, lets talk about something else. Why do you feel that working will define your life? Why not concentrate of getting married. Why do you have to work? Take your skills and use them for a greater cause. A career does not make a person. Because after twenty or thirty years you have only had a career and not a life.

And as for the success of people with lesser ability..have you looked at Congress?