Please need your answer

hammu

Assalaam Alaikum wa rehmatullahi wa barakatahu,

My question is : To whose name should we add Aly salaam(A.S) ? To me more clear, we say Hazrath Mosa (A.S), Hazrath Isa (A.S) and so on. So ,is it only allowed to add (A.S) to our Prophets or we can add this any other persons mentioned in Quran. Like one of my known person said Luqmaan(A.S) and my question arised from there.

If you can elaborate this it will be easy for me to understand better.

Jazak Allah

daywalker

Assalaam Alaikum wa rehmatullahi wa barakatahu,

My question is : To whose name should we add Aly salaam(A.S) ? To me more clear, we say Hazrath Mosa (A.S), Hazrath Isa (A.S) and so on. So ,is it only allowed to add (A.S) to our Prophets or we can add this any other persons mentioned in Quran. Like one of my known person said Luqmaan(A.S) and my question arised from there.

If you can elaborate this it will be easy for me to understand better.

normally it has been used for prophets(as). and some also says luqma(as) also among the prophet. opinion differs. but cause his name is mentioned in quran, so no doubt how great personality he had.

amaal30

i think its only for the prophets and for r

espected people we say "radiyallahu 'anhu" like Abu Huraira.

btw what does the word Hazrath mean?

hammu

btw what does the word Hazrath mean?
Well, Hazrath is like to give respect to elderly people. Thank you both of you from giving your answers. Let me wait for a while to see if someone comes up with more answers.
Jazak Allah

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

its only for prophets. Luqman (AS) is also a prophet.

the sahaba are use for radhiyallahu anhu and for the scholars or imams etc..its use for rahimahulah
hope i have helped you...:)

wasalam

hammu

The word Hazrath is the Urdu/Farsi/Turkish variation of the Arabic work Hadhrat which means "Presence." It's an honorary word used to refer to or address dignitaries, just like saying His Excellency, Your Honor, or Her Royal Highness. Most Arabic speaking Muslims do not refer to the Sahaaba using Hadhrat, rather they say "Radhiya Allaahu `Anhu" (may God have been pleased with him) or "Radhiya Allaahu `Anha" (may God have been pleased with her).

Very nice of you brother, i wasn't that good in defining the word Hazrath. Jazak Allah. Yeah, i too have the same opinion of Hadhrat Luqman as ayman1.

ahmed3711

I think (A.S) is for prophets only and the names came in the quran like luqmaan and others names came in the look of stories to learn from it good things in life and allah knows better

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

Al-Bayhaqi reports that Abu Hurayrah said that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

Send the Salat on Allah's messengers and prophets, for Allah sent them as He sent me.

The scholar of hadith, Shaikh Muhammad Nassir ad-Deen al-Albani, said this hadith is hasan (good) in his book Saheeh al-Jama'at'. (See hadith number 3782).

Invoking blessings for angels, and all believers who are not Prophets is also permissible in general, but invoking that for a specific person is dislikeable.

In this regard Imam Ibn al-Qayyim said:

It is better to invoke blessings upon Prophets, angels, wives of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam), his family and descendents and upon all obedient person in general. But to single out a person other than the Prophets to invoke blessing upon him is dislikeable, particularly if invoking blessings becomes as an identification of him. And also such blessings are not used for the one who is in the same positions or even above his position as practiced by Rafidah . Meaning, invoking blessings only when Ali bin Abi Talib (Radiya Allahu Anhu) is mentioned and not doing so with the other companions of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam).

For those who understand Arabic, there is a detailed fatwa here:

IslamQA

:salam2:

hammu

Thank you for giving your answers brothers. So according to the fatwa posted by Pround 2BA Muslim, we can say Alay Salaam to all believers (Good person mentioned in Quran) who are not Prophets is also permissible in general??

amaal30

i've read the book, 'Stories of the Prophets' by Ibn Katheer and it didn't mention Luqmaan in there

palestine

Servant of Allah
you cannot say alayhi salam when someone who is not a prophet or an angel is mentioned. for example: the sahabah's names are mentioned like mu'aadh ibn jabal, when you hear his name you can say radiyallahu 'anhu, meaning may Allah be pleased with him. or like aisha, radiyallahu 'anhum.

hammu

you cannot say alayhi salam when someone who is not a prophet or an angel is mentioned. for example: the sahabah's names are mentioned like mu'aadh ibn jabal, when you hear his name you can say radiyallahu 'anhu, meaning may Allah be pleased with him. or like aisha, radiyallahu 'anhum.

Well, iam getting more clear as each one of you are posting their anwswers. So, can i conclude that alayhi salam are said to Prophet's or Angel ONLY?

Jazak Allah

palestine

Servant of Allah
Well, iam getting more clear as each one of you are posting their anwswers. So, can i conclude that alayhi salam are said to Prophet's or Angel ONLY?

Jazak Allah

i would definitely agree as i have never heard alayhi salam being said to any other than angels and prophets. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

palestine

Servant of Allah
hammu i could be wrong. meaning i'm not a scholar and have not heard besides what i have already posted. if there are different opinions allahu a'lam. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

ahmed3711

I didn't read The book "stories of the prophets" i think from the book name it was mentioning prophets only but not other stories (luqman for example wasn't a prophet ) alot of books were talking about prophets because when you talk about the prophets stories you will learn from it something new everday.the stories of luqman and other people mentioned in quran to learn from it some important points. for example i saw the story of luqman in 45 mins.the preacher amr khaled said the good points in it and how he was raised and how he lived untill he got his child and how he raised his child also.prophets you can't say their stories in mins you say it in years and you will not finish learning from it everday. also you see the quran mentioned the prophets alot but when you come to stories of luqman and others the quran mentioned them one time.that doesn't mean that i don't respect them ofcourse i respect them because they were realy good people and i learn from their stories alot and alot till today also it's enough that their names came in the quran so for sure you will learn from them and allah knows best

to download some stories mentioned in the quran video or audio they are 30 video's i don't know all of them translated to english or not but some of them are translated

the site is
http://www.amrkhaled.net

sometimes the site u will find a failure in it because too many people are using it

salam to all

ahmed3711

i've read the book, 'Stories of the Prophets' by Ibn Katheer and it didn't mention Luqmaan in there

I didn't read The book "stories of the prophets" i think from the book name it was mentioning prophets only but not other stories (luqman for example wasn't a prophet ) alot of books were talking about prophets because when you talk about the prophets stories you will learn from it something new everday.the stories of luqman and other people mentioned in quran to learn from it some important points. for example i saw the story of luqman in 45 mins.the preacher amr khaled said the good points in it and how he was raised and how he lived untill he got his child and how he raised his child also.prophets you can't say their stories in mins you say it in years and you will not finish learning from it everday. also you see the quran mentioned the prophets alot but when you come to stories of luqman and others the quran mentioned them one time.that doesn't mean that i don't respect them ofcourse i respect them because they were realy good people and i learn from their stories alot and alot till today also it's enough that their names came in the quran so for sure you will learn from them and allah knows best

to download some stories mentioned in the quran video or audio they are 30 video's i don't know all of them translated to english or not but some of them are translated

the site is
http://www.amrkhaled.net

sometimes the site u will find a failure in it because too many people are using it

salam to all