plz help brothers and sisters

asma_r

:salam2:

dear brothers and sisters i have 2 questions which i hope i get an answer to.

1) is it true that you shouldnt revise at maghrib or you ending up forgetiing everything?

2)in my exams i tend to write 786 in very small writing at the top of my answer booklet. is it wrong for me to do this?

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister asma_r

i personally never heard of such things... if any have, i would love to see the source... until then, i would advise you sister to not follow those things or believe in these things... we can read Quran (or anything else) at any time... do you believe that "786" would prevent or benefit in any way?

"O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

source: http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith19.htm
for more ahadith (40 hadith): http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadiths.htm

by the way :SMILY206:, hope you enjoy your stay with us... Salam sister :)

OsMaN_93

Here to help
yes its shirk to write that number, there was a hread about this before :)
we should only take refuge in ALLAH alone.

sadia_21

salam alaikum sis...

i don hav any idea about revisin at maghrib time n forgettin...inshallah sumothr brother or sister will answer tht point of urz....
but about writin 786 is wrong....this no. means nothn...our prophet din use it at all...it's jus an innovation....sis u can write bismillah ar-rahmanneeraheem itself in arabic on ur answer paper as u write in very small writin 786...i also do it...no examiner will say anythn....

U may want some article for proof bt i din get one on net....bt writin 786 is wrong i had heard it in mr. Zakir naik's one of the lectures....b4 my dad also use do it....but alhumdulillah he 2 has stopped it...

inshallah u'l get more help from others on other bro's n sis for it
tc
allah hafiz*

asma_r

jazakallah brothers and sisters for answering my question...i had always wondered what 786 was for. as you can see im a new comer in this forum jazakallah to the brother who said welcome..i hope to increase my deeni knowledge and gain support from you all..