Plz help me

abdurrazzaq

Assalamualaikum.
(I am a Muslim, no doubt).
I believe that Allah is above seven heavens.
I need a verse along with it surah and verse no which says so ,to convince non-muslims.

Plzzzzz help me.
Jazakallah
Assalamualaikum.

a_stranger

:salam2:

7:54 Your Guardian-Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority): He draweth the night as a veil o'er the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, (all) governed by laws under His command. Is it not His to create and to govern? Blessed be Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds!
Translation of the meanings of Quran

Allah states that He created the universe, the heavens and earth and all that is in, on and between them in six days, as He has stated in several Ayat in the Qur'an. These six days are: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. On Friday, the entire creation was assembled and on that day, Adam was created. There is a difference of opinion whether these days were the same as our standard days as suddenly comes to the mind, or each day constitutes one thousand years, as reported from Mujahid, Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal, and from Ibn `Abbas according to Ad-Dahhak's narration from him.

(and then He rose over (Istawa) the Throne) the people had several conflicting opinions over its meaning. However, we follow the way that our righteous predecessors took in this regard, such as Malik, Al-Awza`i, Ath-Thawri, Al-Layth bin Sa`d, Ash-Shafi`i, Ahmad, Ishaq bin Rahwayh and the rest of the scholars of Islam, in past and present times. Surely, we accept the apparent meaning of, Al-Istawa, without discussing its true essence, equating it (with the attributes of the creation), or altering or denying it (in any way or form). We also believe that the meaning that comes to those who equate Allah with the creation is to be rejected, for nothing is similar to Allah,

[لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَىْءٌ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ]

(There is nothing like Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.) [42:11] Indeed, we assert and affirm what the Imams said, such as Nu`aym bin Hammad Al-Khuza'i, the teacher of Imam Al-Bukhari, who said, "Whoever likens Allah with His creation, will have committed Kufr. Whoever denies what Allah has described Himself with, will have committed Kufr. Certainly, there is no resemblance (of Allah with the creation) in what Allah and His Messenger have described Him with. Whoever attests to Allah's attributes that the plain Ayat and authentic Hadiths have mentioned, in the manner that suits Allah's majesty, all the while rejecting all shortcomings from Him, will have taken the path of guidance.''

Tafseer Ibn Katheer

mufakkir

Salaam 'Alaikum,

Perhaps this is what you are loooking for:

ءَأَمِنتُم مَّن فِى ٱلسَّمَآءِ أَن يَخۡسِفَ بِكُمُ ٱلۡأَرۡضَ فَإِذَا هِىَ تَمُورُ (١٦) أَمۡ أَمِنتُم مَّن فِى ٱلسَّمَآءِ أَن يُرۡسِلَ عَلَيۡكُمۡ حَاصِبً۬ا*!ۖ فَسَتَعۡلَمُونَ كَيۡفَ نَذِيرِ

[Mulk: 15-16]

(15) Do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven (Allâh), will not cause the earth to sink with you, and then it should quake? (16) Or do you feel secure that He, Who is over the heaven (Allâh), will not send against you a violent whirlwind? Then you shall know how (terrible) has been My Warning.

Was Salam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Inshallah these verses will help

"He it is Who created for you all that is on earth. Then He rose over (Istawa) towards the heaven and made them seven heavens and He is the All-Knower of everything." [Al-Baqara 2:24]

And

"Say: "Who is (the) Lord of the seven heavens, and (the) Lord of the Great Throne? They will say: "Allah." Say: "Will you not then fear Allah (believe in His Oneness, obey Him, believe in the Resurrection and Recompense for every good or bad deed)?" [Al-Mu'minoon 23:86-87]

And

"Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that you can see. Then, He rose above (Istawa) the Throne." [Ar-Ra'ad 13:2]

:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Alhamdu'lillaah, the other replies should be enough, but this is taken from the thread below, (I don't mean to bombard you with information, but it is all in relation to the Throne of Allah (the Almighty):

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=362314#post362314

viii) His rising over the Throne

The Throne is the greatest thing in all of creation, and Allah (The Exalted) refers in seven places in His Book to His rising over the Throne, by saying,

The Most Gracious [Allah ] rose over [Istawaa] the [Mighty] Throne [in a manner that suits His Majesty]

(20: 5)

The evidence that the Throne is one of the things created by Allah (The Exalted), the Almighty:

...And eight angels will, that Day, bear the Throne of your Lord above them.

(69: 17)

- i.e. on the Day of Resurrection.

Those [angels] who bear the Throne [of Allah] and those around it glorify the praises of their Lord, and believe in Him, and ask forgiveness of those who believe...

(40: 7)

Allah (The Exalted), tells us that the Throne has bearers, and that they seek forgiveness for the believers. This negates the view of those who say that the Throne refers to Allah’s Sovereignty of Dominion [Al-Mulk].

According to a hadith narrated by Bukhari,

“When you ask Allah, ask Him for Al-Firdaws, for it is the middle of Paradise and is the highest part of Paradise. Above it is the Throne of the Most Merciful, and from it spring forth the rivers of Paradise.

(Bukhari, 13/404, hadith no. 7423)

Bukhari narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

“Do not prefer me over Moosa, for the people will fall unconscious on the Day of Resurrection; I will be the first to regain consciousness, and Moosa will be there, holding on to the side of the Throne. I do not know whether Moosa will be one of those who fell unconscious and then woke up before me, or whether he was one of those whom Allah exempted (from falling unconscious).

(Bukhari, 11/367, hadith no. 6517, 6518; the hadith is also narrated by Muslim, 4/1834, hadith no. 2373)

According to a report narrated by Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri:

“Moosa will be there, holding on to one of the pillars of the Throne.”

(Ibid, 13/405, hadith no. 7427)

How can the Throne not be one of the things created by Allah (The Exalted), when it is the roof of Al-Firdaws. How can Moosa hold onto one of the pillars of the Throne if it is not something that has been created?

The Messenger :saw: said:

“When Allah completed His creation, He wrote down with Himself above His Throne: My mercy precedes My wrath.”

(Ibid, hadith no. 7422)

The great size of the Throne

Allah has described His Throne as being Great (‘Azeem):

...And Lord of the Great Throne.

(Qur’an 23: 86)

The Messenger :saw: described the Throne as being great in two way ways:

a) By telling us of the great size of the angels who carry the Throne. In Sunan Abi Dawood it is narrated with a saheeh (sound) isnad that the Messenger :saw: said
:

“I have been granted permission to speak about one of the angels of Allah, one of the bearers of the Throne. The space between his earlobes and his shoulders is the distance of seven hudred years’ travelling.”

(Abu Dawood, 3/895, hadith no. 3953)

b) The Messenger described the size of the Throne by contrasting its size with the size of the heavens and the kursiy. He :saw: said:

“The seven heavens in comparison to the kursiy are like no more than a ring thrown out into an empty field, and the superiority of the Throne in relation to the kursiy is like the superiority of that field in relation to that ring.”

(Narrated by Muhammad ibn Abi Shaybah in Kitaab al-‘Arsh, by Al-Bayhaqi in Al-Asmaa wa’s-Sifaat, by Ibn Jareer and by others. It is saheeh (sound) when all its isnads are taken together. See Shaykh Al-Albaani’s comments on its isnaad in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth as-Saheehah, hadith no. 109)

Allah praises Himself by mentioning His rising over the Throne and by declaring that He is the Lord of the Throne

The Lord praises Himself by stating that He has risen over His Throne:

Ta-Ha. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur’an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings.] We have not send down the Qur’an unto you [O’ Muhammad] to cause you distress, But only as a Reminder to those who fear [Allah]. A Revelation from Him [Allah] Who has created the earth and high heavens. The Most Gracious [Allah] rose over [Istawaa] the [Mighty] Throne [in a manner that suits His Majesty].

(20: 1-5)

He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then rose over [Istawaa] the Throne [in a manner that suits His Majesty]. He knows what goes into the earth and what comes forth from it, and what descends from the heaven and what ascends thereto. And He is with you [by His Knowledge] where-so-ever you may be. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.

(57: 4)

And Allah (The Exalted), praises Himself on more than one occasion as being the Master of the Throne:

Owner of the Throne, the Glorious, [He is the] Doer of what-so-ever He intends [or wills].

(85: 15-16)

...Then they would certainly have sought out a way to the Lord of the Throne.

(17: 42)

And Allah (The Exalted), praises Himself as being the Lord of the Throne:

...In Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne.

(9: 129)

...Glorified is Allah, the Lord of the Throne, [High is He] above all that [evil] they associate with Him!

(21:22)

Say: ‘Who is [the] Lord of the seven heavens, and [the] Lord of the Great Throne'?

(23:86)

‘Abdullah ibn Rawahah praised his Lord in couplets as follows:

“I bear witness that the promise of Allah is true,

And that the Fire is the abode of the kaafireen (disbelievers),

And that the Throne is floating above the water.

And above the Throne is the Lord of the Worlds.

And it is borne by noble angels,

Angels of the Lord.”

This couplet was transmitted by Ibn ‘Abdul-Barr in Al-Isti’aab, where he says:

We have narrated it through saheeh isnads.

The meaning of His rising over the Throne (istiwaa)

We do not know how Allah (The Exalted), rose over the Throne, because we do not know how He is, but we know the meaning of istawaa in the Arabic language. When the Arabs follow the word istawaa with the preposition ‘ala, they mean four things: settling, going over, rising above and ascending, as was affirmed by Ibn al-Qayyim.

(Sharh al-Waasittiyah by Al-Harraas, Pp. 80)

Abu’l-Hasan al-Ash’ari narrated that the Mu’tazilah interpreted the phrase -

rose over [Istawaa] the Throne

(57: 4)

- as meaning that He possessed or took control of it.

(Maqaalaat al-Islamiyeen, Pp. 157, 211)

Whoever interprets this phrase in this manner should note that his predecessors in this regard are the Mu’tazilah, and what bad presecessors they are.

The Ahl as-Sunnah and scholars of hadith affirm that Allah rose over the Throne. They do not deny it, but they do not discuss how it happend, as Abu’l-Hasan al-Ash’ari (may Allah have mercy on him) narrated from them.

(Maqaalaat al-Islamiyeen, Pp. 211, 290)

Scholars of the Arabic language have narrated to us that the scholars whose fitrah has not been contaminated with alien phiosphy refuse to interpret istawaa as meaning istawla (possess, take control).

Dawood ibn ‘Ali al-Isbahaani said:

I was with Ibn al-A’rabi and a man came to him and asked, What is the meaning of the aayah.

The Most Gracious [Allah] rose over [Istawaa] the [Mighty] Throne [in a manner that suits His Majesty].

Ibn al-A’rabi said:

He is on His Throne as He has told us.

He said,

O’ Abu ‘Abdullah, does it now mean istawla (possess, taken control)?

Ibn al-A’rabi said:

How can you know that?

The Arabs do not say istawla unless there are two people competing for a throne, then whichever them prevails, they describe as istawla.

(Lisaan al-‘Arab, 2/249)

This method, which is acknowledging the meaning of istiwaa whilst not seeking to know how, is the method of the righteous salaf. When Imam Maalik was asked about the aayah -

The Most Gracious [Allah] rose over [Istawaa] the [Mighty] Throne [in a manner that suits His Majesty].

- and was asked how He rose over it, he paused and broke out in a sweat.

Then he raised his head and said:

The Most Gracious rose over the Throne, as He described Himself. We do not ask how, because one cannot ask how with regard to Allah. You are guild of bid’ah (innovation), throw him out.

(Al-Bayhaqi, and classed as saheeh by Adh-Dhahabi. See Mukhtasar al-‘Uluw li’l-‘Aliy al-Ghaffaar, by Adh-Dhahabi, Pp. 141, hadith no. 131.)

According to another report, Maalik said:

How is incomprehensible, istiwaa is not unkown, belief in it is obligatory, and asking about it is bid’ah.

(See Mukhtasar al-Aluw, Pp. 141, hadith no. 132)

The phrase ‘not unknown’ means it is known; what is known is its meaning, because the word has a meaning in Arabic which the Arabs understand, and which scholars can explain and interpret. Hence many of those who narrated the above view from Imam Maalik narrated the meaning from him, and they mentioned that he replied to the man as follows:

“Istiwaa is known, how is unknown, believing in it is obligatory and asking about it is bid’ah.”

(Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 2/219)

In fact there is no difference between saying that istiwaa is known and saying that it is not unknown – the meaning is the same.

Qurtubi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“The first generation – may Allah be pleased with them – did not deny direction (with regard to Allah), and they did not say anything to that effect. They affirmed direction in accordance with what Allah had said in His Book and what His Messenger had told them.

No one denies that He rose over His throne in a real sense. This applies only to the Throne because it is the greatest thing in His creation. But we do not know how He rose over it, because we cannot know the true nature of this.
Maalik said:

The istiwaa is known – i.e. in the linguistic sense – but how it happened is unknown, and asking about it is bid’ah, as Umm Salmah (may Allah be pleased with her said. And this is sufficient.

(Ibid)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that you can also refer to this post in relation to 'Where is Allah': (after looking at your post again, this seems to relate as well)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=362320#post362320

Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam.