plz help!

malickabrother

save Palestine!
:salam2: brothers and sister,I got this question asked by our Imam at my local masjid after Saturday's Isha prayer, me and three other brothers and he told us to figure out the answer
Here's the question:what is the purpose or main reason why ALLAH has ordained muslims to do this following dua on our beloved prophet muhammad(salla;ahu alayhi wassalam):Oh, Allah send your prayers to Muhammad as you have sent prayers to Ibrahim.Why ALLAH has said as Ibrahim?
Please brothers and sisters help me on this.I might not give the question as it should be but I hope you understand
:wasalam:

AlQurtubi

Banned
I think its due to the fact that ALLAH has sent his blessing on Ibrahim (AS) in Quraan. I dont remeber the number but its "salamun ala Ibrahim".

Ibrahim(AS) sacrificed his family for ALLAH. Therefore, ALLAH has sent his blessings over him.

So, this question may be answered as such.

malickabrother

save Palestine!
I think its due to the fact that ALLAH has sent his blessing on Ibrahim (AS) in Quraan. I dont remeber the number but its "salamun ala Ibrahim".

Ibrahim(AS) sacrificed his family for ALLAH. Therefore, ALLAH has sent his blessings over him.

So, this question may be answered as such.

:salam2::salam2: brother,:jazaak: for your effort on this but I need more clarifications

naaad

mu'minah
salaam alaikum,
it could be because Ibrahim[alaihis salaam] was the closest of the prophets to ALLAH after our Prophet Muhammad[PBU].He was called "Khaleelullah"- Allah's friend.
i am still not sure....Hope you find the perfect answer and share it here with us..........

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

the answer which might be good enough for you...Inshallah you can find in Surat Al-Baqara...Chapter Two of The Quar'an...

I don't remember the exact verses (unfortunately)...and I don't want to utter what comes to my mind meaning wise..I don't like doing that with the Qura'an...

but I will try to skim through a translation of the Surah to find them for you...and if you catch up and find them before me (or anyone else does) that will be great!!!

I will be back here inshallah...

Take Care

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

I came back to tell you that the verses I meant in my earlier post...are the ones from verse 124 until verse 139...

read them carefully!!!...especially verse 124...

upon reading your question...sobhanallah...I immediately thought of these verses as a reason why...

and just so you know...because what you quoted is out of the tashah'hud in prayer...I have read in the book "Sifatu Salat Annabiy" (The Abridgement of The Prophet's Prayer Described) by Imam Muhammad Naasiruddeen Al-Albanee...that...this part was to be recited in prayer *after* the death of The Prophet (pbuh)...not during his lifetime

I don't know if this bit of informaiton helps in any way...but I thought maybe I should mention it...maybe it can direct you somewhere :)

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
wa alalikum salaam

I am wondering the same thing.....could be anything Ibrahaim is like the father of all mankind or at least of Judiasm, Christainity and Islam.

muslimah-2k8

The Holy Qur'an
2:124
Remember that when Ibrahim (Abraham) was tested by his Rabb with certain
commands, he fulfilled them. Allah said: "Surely, I will make you the leader of mankind."
"What about my offspring?" Asked Ibrahim. "My pledge," said Allah, "will not apply to
the evil doers."

2:125
Remember when We made the House (the Ka'bah) a center and sanctuary for mankind
saying, "Take the station of Ibrahim as a place of prayer;" We entrusted Ibrahim and
Isma`il to cleanse Our House for those who walk around it, who meditate in it, and
who kneel and prostrate in prayers.

2:126
Ibrahim said: "My Rabb make this (Makkah) a secure town and provide its people
with plenty of food from fruits, those of them who believe in Allah and the Last Day." He
answered, "As for those who do not, I shall also provide for them in this life, though in
the Hereafter I shall drag them to the torture of Hellfire and it is an evil destination
indeed!"

2:127
Ibrahim (Abraham) and Isma`il (Ishmael) raised the foundations of the House and
dedicated it by saying: "Accept this from us, O Rabb, You are the one who hears all
and knows all.

2:128
O Rabb, make us both Muslims (submissive to You); and make our descendants a
nation that will be Muslims (submissive to You). Teach us our rites of worship and
forbear our shortcomings; surely, You are the Acceptor of repentance, the Merciful.

2:129
O Rabb, appoint from among them a Rasool who shall recite to them Your Revelations
and teach them the Book and the Wisdom and sanctify them; surely, You are the
All-Mighty, the Wise."

2:130
Who but a foolish man would renounce the faith of Ibrahim? We chose him in this
worldly life while in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

2:131
When his Rabb asked him: "Be a Muslim," he answered: "I have become a Muslim to
the Rabb of the worlds."

2:132
This was the legacy that Ibrahim left to his sons and so did Ya'qoob (Jacob), when he
said: "O my sons! Allah has chosen for you this Deen (way of life), therefore, die not
unless you are Muslims."

2:133
Were you present when death approached Ya'qoob (Jacob)? He asked his sons: "Who
will you worship after me?" They replied: "We will worship the same One God Who is
your Rabb and the Rabb of your forefathers Ibrahim, Isma`il and Ishaq (Isaac), and
to Him we all submit as Muslims."

2:134
They were a people that have passed away. They shall reap the fruits of what they did,
and you shall for what you do. You shall not be questioned about what they did.

2:135
Jews and Christians say: "Be Jews or Christians, you shall then be rightly guided." O
Muhammad, say: "By no means! We follow the faith of Ibrahim, the upright one; and he
was not one of the mushrikin."

2:136
Say: "We believe in Allah and that which is revealed to us; and what was revealed to
Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Ya'qoob (Jacob) and their
descendants, and that which was given to Musa (Moses), Isa (Jesus) and other
Prophets from their Rabb. We do not discriminate any of them, and to Allah we have
surrendered ourselves (in Islam)."

2:137
So, if they accept Islam like you, they shall be rightly guided; if they reject it, they will
surely fall into dissension (divide into differing factions); Allah will be your sufficient
defender against them, and He hears and knows everything.

Almeftah

:salam2: brothers and sister,I got this question asked by our Imam at my local masjid after Saturday's Isha prayer, me and three other brothers and he told us to figure out the answer
Here's the question:what is the purpose or main reason why ALLAH has ordained muslims to do this following dua on our beloved prophet muhammad(salla;ahu alayhi wassalam):Oh, Allah send your prayers to Muhammad as you have sent prayers to Ibrahim.Why ALLAH has said as Ibrahim?
Please brothers and sisters help me on this.I might not give the question as it should be but I hope you understand

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

First of all this Hadith:(Oh, Allah send your prayers to Muhammad as you have sent prayers to Ibrahim.) turns out to be a weak Hadith.

The Sahih script is:(Oh, Allah send your prayers to Muhammad and Ale-Muhammad,as you have sent prayers to Ale-Ibrahim.). Not to Ibrahim, but to Ale-Ibrahim.

As for your question, there are 4 sayings:

1. Prophet Muhammad PBUH said it before he knew that He was the best of man kind.

2. Prophet Muhammad PBUH Said it this way out of modesty toward Ibrahim AS.

3. Or he may've actually meant prayer but not the value or amount of it.

4. the term "as you" which meats the term "كما" in arabic, comes here in the meaning of "Because". So, It'll be like saing:"Oh, Allah send your prayers to Muhammad and Ale-Muhammad,because you have sent prayers to Ale-Ibrahim.)

And Allah knows best.

malickabrother

save Palestine!
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

First of all this Hadith:(Oh, Allah send your prayers to Muhammad as you have sent prayers to Ibrahim.) turns out to be a weak Hadith.

The Sahih script is:(Oh, Allah send your prayers to Muhammad and Ale-Muhammad,as you have sent prayers to Ale-Ibrahim.). Not to Ibrahim, but to Ale-Ibrahim.

As for your question, there are 4 sayings:

1. Prophet Muhammad PBUH said it before he knew that He was the best of man kind.

2. Prophet Muhammad PBUH Said it this way out of modesty toward Ibrahim AS.

3. Or he may've actually meant prayer but not the value or amount of it.

4. the term "as you" which meats the term "كما" in arabic, comes here in the meaning of "Because". So, It'll be like saing:"Oh, Allah send your prayers to Muhammad and Ale-Muhammad,because you have sent prayers to Ale-Ibrahim.)

And Allah knows best.

:salam2: brother,thanks for the correction,May ALLAH reward you for this?

muslimah-2k8

The most preferred blessings (Durood) are those which Allah's Beloved sallallahu alayhi wasallam taught when asked by his companions radhiyallahu anhum.

"Khaleel-ullah" and "Habeeb-ullah"
Allah declared Hadhrat Ibraaheem alayhis salaam as His friend -- and the Holy Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam as His beloved. Allah's blessings on them are therefore based on special love. It is a fact that all matters founded on love are sublime and ecstatic.
The relationship between friendship ("Khaleel-ullah") and love ("Habeeb-ullah") is obvious, therefore blessings on the Holy Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam are compared to the blessings on Hadhrat Ibraaheem alayhis salaam.

The wordings of the blessings have slight variations and have reached us through authentic Ahaadeeth.

Seeking Allah's blessings for the Holy Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam is decreed by the Almighty. Hence the multiplication of rewards is expected through the recitation of blessings.

The righteous Ulamaa have commented that 'Allaahumma' stands for all the Beautiful Names of Allah. Likewise, 'Hameed-um-Majeed' connotes all His Attributes of Grace and Majesty. The readers are advised to remember these meanings while reciting Salaat-e-Ibraaheemi for greater benefit and joy.

http://www.islaam.org/Durood/durood-1.htm

Almeftah

Shalawatu Ibrahimiyyah. Written in Shahih Ajami'ush Shaghir that whoever recite the shalawat 1 time, Malaikat will write for him in the book of 'amal 10 darajah, 10 hasanah and 10 sayyi'at will be erased. And another hadits said that whoever recite
it 10x in the morning and 10x in the afternoon will accept Syafa'at by Rasulullah in Yaumul Ba'ats. Assalamu'alaika wr.

Not sure thats true, could be one of those fabrications.

All authentic Hadiths regarding Shalawatu Ibrahimiyyah was ment for Salah (During prayer) after Tashahud. (I may be wrong).