PM restrictions?

ShyHijabi

Since I've joined this website I have received two harrassing PMs from people who have not even posted on the forum. I thought a person had to have a bare minimum of postings before being allowed to PM another member? Or do I have this forum confused with another?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

Only 1 PM is allowed to be sent.

because PM might be needed for a new member to contact the admin, it is allowed....

if there are such pm, please report them, and we will ban the ip address

muslim10012

Since I've joined this website I have received two harrassing PMs from people who have not even posted on the forum. I thought a person had to have a bare minimum of postings before being allowed to PM another member? Or do I have this forum confused with another?

salamoualikoum sister

what do you mean by "harrassing" ? what they were about ??

you can delete them and tell the admin

ShyHijabi

I have no interest in "exposing" anyone as it will most likely be useless. If a person PMs a harrassing PM I seriously doubt they care if their email addy (which is probably "throw away" email) is shown to the board. It's much easier to report it and get the IP addreass banned.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
assalamu alaykum

Only 1 PM is allowed to be sent.

because PM might be needed for a new member to contact the admin, it is allowed....

if there are such pm, please report them, and we will ban the ip address

Wa allaicum saalam wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

I will need to corect this because new members can send more than 1 PM,infact they can send as much PM-s as they wish.

Dear sister Shyhijabi, I had simular experiences like you.Because it happend that I have also recived some strange messages from new register user, SubhanAllah. Not only one message but few Astagfirullah!!!But Alhamdulillah I kindly asked that they do not send me that kind of messagess,and they stoped.WAllahi I do not know who were they as they did not have any posts on the site,better say they never appeared again on TTI.

May Allah protect us all:tti_sister:

:wasalam: