Political gain

janw28

Here in Minnesota, we are poised with this election to elect the first Muslim to Congress, with Keith Ellison running on the Democratic ticket for the 5th district. Keith ran a tough race to win the Democratic endorsement, and since then has been on the receiving end of vile attacks by his Republican opponent, who has time and again criticized Keith for his Muslim beliefs. Keith has withstood the attacks and kept calm, and I am hoping he will be elected. It would be a great thing to draw people of all cultures together, something this country sorely lacks right now.
Jan Willms

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi Jan,

I have not heard of Keith Ellison (I just did brief research on google about him), but if he is in favour of Muslims or is a Muslim, then it is great and i really hope that people will support him by voting for him.

Its going to be tough as people fear Muslims, because of the anti-Islam media hysteria. Islam and Muslim people are definitely not a threat. The threat comes from the unjust Wars, torture and corrupt policies that our Governments are doing against Muslims, as this is creating tension and extremism.

It would be a great thing to draw people of all cultures together, something this country sorely lacks right now.

Yes i agree... Hopefully there will be some progress and understanding.

With regards to voting in non-Muslim societies, the Scholars have said that it is allowed and even important to do so especially if the alternative is to let someone in due to voter apathy, who might be anti-Islam and make life difficult for Muslims.