Polygamy share some thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Please if there are more things you can add to this.. please go ahead..
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatoh.

The four wives...
In the religion if Islam, men are permitted to have 4 wives. Obviously the process of having four wives doesn’t happen over night and is not just as good as it may sound. The actual Quranic text states as follows.
“If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.”
Surah Nisa (4) ayat (3)
This verse clearly states that a many may marry up to four women, on the condition that if they can not deal with them justly then MARRY ONLY ONE.
The Quran is the only religious text in the world, which has the phrase “Marry only one” Religions like Christianity/Judaism do not have this, rather people have just accepted that they should marry just one and even went to the extremes of making it apart of the religion to have one wife. But this was not the teachings of either Jesus or Moses. In fact in the bible we see that the prophets did practice polygamy.
In the world we live in right now there are more women then men, more men go to war, more men go to jail, more men are killed due to violence and gangs. Not only that but it is a fact that men die of old age before women do. So this will obviously lead to some imbalance in the world we live in.
So if every female got married to every male in the world, we still have a third left of the females who are unmarried. What will we do with these women? Let the dogs have them? Besides the fact that there are more females throughout the world, it can safely be said that well over the majority of women do not want to be a 2nd 3rd and definitely not the 4th wife of a man. Neither will the first wife want to share her husband. On the contrary a really devout Muslim wife will accept this, and there are many, because she doesn’t just look at it from one perspective. Islam is huge on brother/sisterhood, there are women out there who feel like they are obeying their God and helping out a sister.
Now the question rises why would a sister want to be the 2nd? How is this even possible. If you live in the west this will seem extremely illogical until you open your mind to the fact that there are places on this earth which are not as stable financially as the west may seem to be. For example a country like Zimbabwe, or places in the middle east there definitely are women whom which poverty has struck them so hard. They may have lost there family to war , they might have an abusive husband and have children. This law is a huge mercy towards them because it LEGALLY allows them to have a husband.
What can a husband do for them? Protection, financially help them, emotionally help them, and fulfill their desires. We can not deny the fact that there are women out there that would not mind (due to their situation) to be the 2nd 3rd or 4th and there are a lot of men out there that are willing to take on the responsibility of caring for these women as long as they keep there pact with God, and “treat them justly”

muharram23

Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

Then there are those other extreme side of man who are not able to afford more than one, they might not even have time to support the first, but yet they marry. The said thing is that If the brothers had enough knowledge of this seen, not many would dare to Mary another do to the duty he has infrint of Allaah towards them. Many men have the belief thar if u can support more than one than u can marry however what about taking things as general. For example, marrying a woman comes responsibility. Responsibilities such as taking are of her, her family relationship, children raised properly etc... All these things come with a woman and not just for desires. Anyways got little time no more time to write. It is sad how many brothers I know that say follow Quran and sunnah and marry more than one and those marriages in the west don't last more than few weeks or months.

Note: I am not trying to say brothers shouldn't do that but I am trying to say that they should fear Allah and be honest to our sisters in Islam and learn the religion first

Wassalam

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Definitely.. This is a big issue.. Then again there are not too many sisters who would be the 2nd wife.. I mean there are a ton of situations that could put them in this predictament.
What if no man wants to marry the sister? Me personally.. if I financially could afford to have another wife, in a different home I would do it not for my sake at all.. only for the sister and my first initial wife would have to be 100% with it.. It's not a joke and I do believe the Quran is from God and God knows better then you and I. God is also extremly logical, He obviously makes sense and in some situations throughout the world (NOT REALLY THE WEST) i'm talking about palestine , or some ruggid places on earth this is actually necessary.. it's actually a huge mercy for some muslim women..

We really need to stop looking at this situation as a "benifactor" for the men, rather it is a mercy for women and NOT for men.. If anything the man is doing it for the sake of the women and anyone who does it for their own sexual drive I personally believe has stepped out of the folds of islam.

Allah subhana wa ta'ala says in the Quran to
"Marry seeking chasity NOT unlawful sexual intercourse" So.. We must marry for chaste reasons to reproduce, to protect etc.. assalamu alaykum... :)

muharram23

Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

I agree. There is nothing about what u said I disagree. Just like we follow the Quran and sunnah in everything, this is also part of it.

Barakallahu feekum

Wassalam

Status
Not open for further replies.