Practice Islam Thread.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

Hope everyone is in the pink of health and Imaan.

I wanted to make this thread for quite sometime now. Inshaa`Allaah it should help us cultivate some good things into our personalities and remove some bad habits, sins and everything along these lines.

Here is how it goes Inshaa`Allaah:

RULES:

I)A member chooses to do something good, or avoid something bad. For Example:

1) Guarding their Salah (Praying on time, right after Adhan, waking up for fajr etc.) or Studying the tafseer of 3-5 ayah each day after fajr etc.
Or
2)Quiting something like listening to music, gossiping with opposite gender, wearing no makeup when going out (yeah lol sort of example, Khair Inshaa`Allaah)

II) The member chooses the time limit:

-He/ She choose to do it for a day / three days/ a week / a fortnight / a month / 2 months. . .etc.
-If the mission is accomplished, start over by increasing the time limit. If not, there is always hope. Start again.
-Every time you start on a new "Habit" post the date you began with to make it easier for you to keep up with the counts.

III) Tick and Cross:
Every day or every other day or once a week, whichever is more convenient, the member updates everyone on this thread. NOT to let people know that he's been sinning or to show off that he's been doing good stuff. Nope. The idea is put us in check, till we have our habits developed Inshaa`Allaah. Something similar to the chart parents hang on fridge to help us behave. Or a report card at school.
So it could be: Alhumdulillah I did it today.
Or
Oops I slipped!

IV) DONOT post posts or a discussion that are not related to this thread. BaraakAllaahu feekum

V) The Deed should not be mentioned and kept a secret. Go for a "Quit it" or "Get it".

How did I do:

100% : Awesome Mashaa'Allaah!

80-99% : Very Good Mashaa'Allaah!

70-80% : Not bad, work a lil harder Inshaa'Allaah!

50-69% : So-so, you can get better Inshaa'Allaah!

20-49% : Practice makes a person perfect. Try again.

10-20% : Quick, before shaytan gets even stronger!

0%-9% : Oops! There is always hope. Start over Inshaa'Allaah!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Inshaa`Allaah those who manage to achieve their goals will encourage the others to carry on.

Btw its for me first to bind me to my words and help me turn into a better person, and you guys and girls later, so I'll begin first. (Talk about being mean)

I pray Allaah brings much benefit out of this thread for everyone. Whatever good is present, is because of Allaah and whatever evil is available is because of the evil within our own souls. May Allaah guide us and keep us steadfast on the deen of Allaah and cause us to die with Islam as our religion.

BaraakAllaahu feekum.

I go first Inshaa'Allaah:

Deed for practice: A "Quit it" practice.

Time Period: A week.

Starting from: 26th of April 2012 Inshaa'Allaah.

Tariq Rahman

Practising Muslim
Walaikum asalam WRWB Sister Mashallah good thread I had something similar in mind to start but I was thinking of a Hadith and then to follow it where every participator will come and confirm wheather he/she has followed the Sunnah for a period of 20 days this way we can help each other to increase the Love for Our beloved Rasoool (SAW) & help us to not only listen but to imply the teachings of Our Rasool (SAW)....I should be starting it soon inshallah

Here for me:

Deed for practice: Pray 5 times in Masjid & not at Home/work place

Time Period: 10 days

Starting from: April 27, 2012 inshallah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Does that include writing. Does that include apologizing if you have written to someone and been rude but did not have the maturity to give the person an opportunity to respond...making communication a two-way street.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

My Update:

27th April 2012.

Slipped twice yesterday.

Inshaa'Allaah tomorrow will be better, I kept on forgetting today.

*pink niqaabi*

Walaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu sis,

Maasha'allah this is a really good idea to keep peeps motivated and determined to strive harder. May Allah reward you abundantly. Although i won't be taking part in this (i try and set myself goals insha'allah and im quite private about it). I would like to at least contribute something to such a beneficial thread and get some reward for myself insha'Allah.

Firstly, if people are stuck on making targets for themselves (as in increasing good deeds), consider some of the following inshallah:

Fasting mondays & thursdays, learning a new surah, praying qiyam al-layl, learning a new everyday duaa...

Now i will just share some really useful advice from an extract from the life of Imam Abu Dawood by Darussalam:

"A Practical Programme for a Beginning Student of Knowledge:

1. After Fajr salaah until sunrise is the time for memorization. Memorize 5 aayahs a day of the Quran, 1 hadith and a short portion of one condensed text. One should also make it a point to complete one's daily portion of supplications and words of rememberance.

2. From sunrise until Thuhr one should be engaged in systematic studies or in earning one's living by going to work or doing business.

3. After Thuhr one may read some history or literature, eat lunch and take a nap.

4. After Asar is a time to study one of the major resource works...

5. From Maghrib until Isha review what you have already memorized of the Quran, hadith and condensed texts.

6. After Isha read current Islamic periodicals, magazines containing beneficial knowledge and cultural books; eat dinner and sleep.

7. On Thursday visit friends, family, etc. and relax.

8. Fridays are for pondering the Book of Allah, rememberance and supplication, optional salaah, asking Allah to bless the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, taking account of oneself and contemplation.

Just some inspiration inshallah, i know we can't do everything...

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualaykum!
What a great thread idea. I am an environmentalist and on the Earth Day website there is an option to pledge for an environmental initiative you are doing or will do. So its along the same lines and a brilliant idea...
I have so much I would like to "pledge" to... hmmm, where do I start.
Let me think about it and come back :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member

Hope everyone is in the pink of health and Imaan.

I wanted to make this thread for quite sometime now. Inshaa`Allaah it should help us cultivate some good things into our personalities and remove some bad habits, sins and everything along these lines.

Here is how it goes Inshaa`Allaah:

RULES:

I)A member chooses to do something good, or avoid something bad. For Example:

1) Guarding their Salah (Praying on time, right after Adhan, waking up for fajr etc.) or Studying the tafseer of 3-5 ayah each day after fajr etc.
Or
2)Quiting something like listening to music, gossiping with opposite gender, wearing no makeup when going out (yeah lol sort of example, Khair Inshaa`Allaah)

II) The member chooses the time limit:

-He/ She choose to do it for a day / three days/ a week / a fortnight / a month / 2 months. . .etc.
-If the mission is accomplished, start over by increasing the time limit. If not, there is always hope. Start again.
-Every time you start on a new "Habit" post the date you began with to make it easier for you to keep up with the counts.

III) Tick and Cross:
Every day or every other day or once a week, whichever is more convenient, the member updates everyone on this thread. NOT to let people know that he's been sinning or to show off that he's been doing good stuff. Nope. The idea is put us in check, till we have our habits developed Inshaa`Allaah. Something similar to the chart parents hang on fridge to help us behave. Or a report card at school.
So it could be: Alhumdulillah I did it today.
Or
Oops I slipped!

IV) DONOT post posts or a discussion that are not related to this thread. BaraakAllaahu feekum

How did I do:

100% : Awesome Mashaa'Allaah!

80-99% : Very Good Mashaa'Allaah!

20-49% : Practice makes a person perfect. Try again.

10-20% : Quick, before shaytan gets even stronger!

0%-9% : Oops! There is always hope. Start over Inshaa'Allaah!

Uh, just wondering ukht, are the rules open for discussion 'cause I've got something to say about it...:) If yes, I hope your PM box isn't full. =)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamualaykum!
What a great thread idea. I am an environmentalist and on the Earth Day website there is an option to pledge for an environmental initiative you are doing or will do. So its along the same lines and a brilliant idea...
I have so much I would like to "pledge" to... hmmm, where do I start.
Let me think about it and come back :)

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

BaraakAllaahu feek. I hope this helps. It certainly is helping me Inshaa'Allaah.

It's kind of interesting. I'm waiting to see what you'll come up with *Smile*

Uh, just wondering ukht, are the rules open for discussion 'cause I've got something to say about it...:) If yes, I hope your PM box isn't full. =)

Hmm well yeah, kind of. Shoot me a PM, it has 'some' space*Smile*

Oh and Jazaakillaahu Khayraa, will you be working on some deed too?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Oh and today I'm pleased. I remembered. I'm somewhere near the upper end of

Alhumdulillah, Nothing good happens except that it is from Allaah.

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum

Sister seeking ALLAH's Mercy.I fail to realize why you often call yourself

@rude one at tti. You should change it to @sugarcandy at tti........lol.....

Wassalam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Haha...that is what I am going to call my daughter from now on...sugarcandy...I love it.

Aziboy

Banned
Assalaam walaikum,

Haha...that is what I am going to call my daughter from now on...sugarcandy...I love it.

:wasalam:

Sugarcandy is a nice name, a more similar one is Candysweet, I use this word when I look at a cool, beautiful, curvy CArz :D

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

I almost forgot about this thread. I was suppose to add updates. But I guess it's normal to foget about something I've got no competition in. Anyways, I think I did somewhere near 70% as a whole. That means. . .I have to work a lil harder Inshaa`Allaah. Oh well.

Assalamu alaikum

Sister seeking ALLAH's Mercy.I fail to realize why you often call yourself

@rude one at tti. You should change it to @sugarcandy at tti........lol.....

Wassalam.

I said that? Not on this thread, right?

Well ukht, I take peoples' opinions about me seriously *Smile*. I'm/ was, lets say, going through some rough n tough stuff (Sobhan'Allaah the words rhyme *Smile*). And then got some complains of my posts being full of taunt and sarcasm. I couldn't help but think it might actually be true.

It's nothing serious, really. I'm just learning to bottle emotions, vents and at the same time be "polite". It's new for me, because no one actually noticed a change of tone in my posts before. I'm too dumb to see that myself lol. Don't worry ukht, I'm working on being polite in my posts. Inshaa`Allaah I'll master it =).

JazaakAllaahu khayraa sister, You're really nice.

Assalaam walaikum,

It actually felt nice to be called a daughter again. A fine finishing touch for my day today. BaraakAllaahu feeki Aapa.
Masha Allah, great start sister

BaraakAllaahu feek.