Prayer and alcohol

Killi_Feyzo

Salamun aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakhatu,

There is a hadeeth where the Prophet (SAS) said that whoever drinks alcohol and gets drunk His prayer will Not Be accepted for 40 days.
So He wont get any reward during this Time.

Did the Ulama answer if someone made touba deep from His Heart does the punishment still go on Until the 40 days are over?
So Should someone pray sunnah on that Time?

Someone Said to me that if you did Not get drunk the 40 days penalty does Not go into effect, because it is explicity Said if you get drunk.
Don't Know what to answer to him.

And the last question.
Is there any Other sin which gives a Time Penalty like this if you commit that sin?

Barakallahu fiek

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why do people want to play with Allah? Why?

If you drink..it does not matter if it is one sip or a barrel the punishment is the same. You have strayed; stepped out; walked away from that which you have said you believe.

Why play with the words of Allah? Come on...please do not play with the words that Allah has told us.

To try and twist the words of Allah Subhana talla is worse than drinking.

sabina isa

As salam alaikum,

First I am pointing that what I will write is simply my thoughts in the matter, i.e not a scholar. From my understanding, the 40 days mentioned have to be fulfilled with normal prayers and not that you should not pray those days because they will not be accepted. You should still continue to pray as normal (all farz prayers), but the prayer of these 40 days would not be accepted. But leaving the prayer would add other sins, it might affect entirely the faith. Praying even knowing that will not be accepted will increase your repentance and will help in not repeating the action. Consider this as people who are punished and work without getting paid. This serves them as a lesson to not repeat again, and also keep them active. These are my thoughts, and by all means continue praying. Your repentance is with Allah, and you will prove this by firs not ever repeating it. Allah Teufik.

We salam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
a great logic behind the prohibition of alcohol in islam, is that it helps the muslim perfect his prayer and to be more readily available for it. what do i mean? here:

lets say that it's 2pm and you and your buds go out for a drink, you get drunk but later realize that at 330pm it's time for Asr salah. you are not ready for prayer because you are drunk and ALLAH SWT has stated in the Quran that we are not to enter our prayers while drunk. so you miss a prayer, but whose to say that you still wont be suffering the effects of drunkeness by the time Maghrib approaches? See how it affects your prayer life?

therefore it's best to avoid alcohol, so that you wont worry about missing a prayer and not have any reward for the next 40 days.

sabina isa

a great logic behind the prohibition of alcohol in islam, is that it helps the muslim perfect his prayer and to be more readily available for it. what do i mean? here:

lets say that it's 2pm and you and your buds go out for a drink, you get drunk but later realize that at 330pm it's time for Asr salah. you are not ready for prayer because you are drunk and ALLAH SWT has stated in the Quran that we are not to enter our prayers while drunk. so you miss a prayer, but whose to say that you still wont be suffering the effects of drunkeness by the time Maghrib approaches? See how it affects your prayer life?

therefore it's best to avoid alcohol, so that you wont worry about missing a prayer and not have any reward for the next 40 days.

As salam alaikum,

I hope brother has got answer from islamqa site, but he has to do the fard prayer even if it is not accepted, because if he does not do these days, he will punished seperately for not praying these days, and the punishment for the alcohol, will be taken from the days he HAS PRAYED. The punishment (not acceptance) will be taken from the PERFORMED PRAYER. He should not risk such a thing. Trying to help, not to push. Rules are clear, he has to pray, and know that it will not be accepted as reward, but the faith will be intact. Please forgive me if I sound too pushy, but I am sensitive when it comes to helping in avoiding such risks. Allah Teufik.

We salam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
As salam alaikum,

I hope brother has got answer from islamqa site, but he has to do the fard prayer even if it is not accepted, because if he does not do these days, he will punished seperately for not praying these days, and the punishment for the alcohol, will be taken from the days he HAS PRAYED. The punishment (not acceptance) will be taken from the PERFORMED PRAYER. He should not risk such a thing. Trying to help, not to push. Rules are clear, he has to pray, and know that it will not be accepted as reward, but the faith will be intact. Please forgive me if I sound too pushy, but I am sensitive when it comes to helping in avoiding such risks. Allah Teufik.

We salam
i know that he still needs to perform the prayer, despite the 40 day rule. i was trying to explain to him why drinking has a negative effect on his prayer responsibilies, because one is not allowed to pray while drunk.

ayesha.ansari

OH

I never has heard this well Thanks to ALLAH i never take alcohol that bad... for health and also i have been save this part when INSHALLAH i will be in paradise and then i drink that one which is allowed by ALLAH. :tti_sister:

sabina isa

i know that he still needs to perform the prayer, despite the 40 day rule. i was trying to explain to him why drinking has a negative effect on his prayer responsibilies, because one is not allowed to pray while drunk.

As salam alaikum,

Yes sister, I don't mean to interfere, but thought it to stay to main point. Excellent point of yours, forgive me for not coming across properly.

We salam

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Not just fard, I don't see any reason for leaving off the Sunnah and nafl prayers during this time either. Isn't being extra vigilant in our prayers a sign of our humbling ourselves before Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, and asking for His forgiveness? Forgiveness is in His hands, but we still have to try our best.

Just my two cents.