Prayer room??

adz_222

Salaam Brothers And Sisters,
I was just wondering whats the ruling on the prayer room inside your house. I know it has to be clean. Its just in my room Ive got pictures of my family and of me. And I heard you cant read in a room with pictures which contain eyes. Can someone help me please. And also what about reading the Quran in a room which contain pictures.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

just take the pictures down or cover them up.

Question:
Is it permissible for us to pray in a place where there are images and we are not able to destroy these images?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.​
It is OK to pray there, especially if these images are something that may be stepped on, such as images on mattresses or other images that may be walked on and stepped on. This is OK, as was clearly stated by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah. But if the pictures are in front of you when you face the Qiblah, this is makrooh, but the prayer is still valid, in sha Allaah, and that is OK. If you can find a place where there are no images, that is better, but if you cannot, and you pray (in the place where there are images), the prayer will be valid and there will be no sin on you. And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Humayd, p. 79