Prayers.

Yousuf.

:salam2: Everyone!

Im in doubt. What is the difference between reading out aloud and reading out discreetly while performing our prayers? To what i know, we read aloud for the fajr, maghrib and isya' prayer, why not the asr' and the dzuhur prayer? What if we do read out aloud for both the asr' and dzuhur prayer? Is that a bid'ah?

On a micro scale, after the 2nd rakaat of our solah, the third and if there is the fourth rakaat, we'd recite the Al-Fatiha in a discreet voice, can we recite it in a non-discreet manner?

I don't know, but to me, reading out aloud helps to increase khusyu' in all my prayers, fard or non-obligatory prayers, regardless of their timings.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
This is all I could find ,its little opposite to your question ,but may be it would be better if you can ask Imam at your local Masjid.

Question:
What is the ruling on reciting out loud in prayer for one who is praying alone? Is it permissible to recite silently?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.
Reciting out loud in Fajr prayer and in the first two rak’ahs of Maghrib and ‘Isha’ is Sunnah for both one who is leading the prayers and one who is praying alone. If a person recites silently there is no sin on him, but that means that he is neglecting a Sunnah. If the person who is praying alone thinks that reciting silently helps him to focus more in prayer, then that is o.k., because it was narrated that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed at night, sometimes he would recite out loud and sometimes he would recite silently, as was reported by ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). For one who is leading the prayers, the Sunnah is always to recite out loud, following the example of the Prophet (S) and because that enables the congregation to benefit by hearing the words of Allaah, whether the prayer is fard (obligatory) or naafil (supererogatory).

And Allaah is the Source of Strength

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

In addition to what sister Aisha1114 said, Islamic teachings are ment to consider the different conditions of mankind, for example, If i was praying Sunnah at home while my mother or brother is sick then it is better not to read out loud, in cosideration for them..etc.

Allah created us, so he knows us better than ourselves, and he is so Merciful that he tought us through Quran and his Prophet (pbuh) how to be considerate to ourselves and others as well, in everything we say or do.

Almeftah

I would like to add, that at the time of the Messenger (Saaw), Most Arabs used to take naps at noon, and the after noon, and up to this day some still do..:)

Bless you all.

Yousuf.

salam aleikum
This is all I could find ,its little opposite to your question ,but may be it would be better if you can ask Imam at your local Masjid.

Question:
What is the ruling on reciting out loud in prayer for one who is praying alone? Is it permissible to recite silently?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.
Reciting out loud in Fajr prayer and in the first two rak’ahs of Maghrib and ‘Isha’ is Sunnah for both one who is leading the prayers and one who is praying alone. If a person recites silently there is no sin on him, but that means that he is neglecting a Sunnah. If the person who is praying alone thinks that reciting silently helps him to focus more in prayer, then that is o.k., because it was narrated that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed at night, sometimes he would recite out loud and sometimes he would recite silently, as was reported by ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). For one who is leading the prayers, the Sunnah is always to recite out loud, following the example of the Prophet (S) and because that enables the congregation to benefit by hearing the words of Allaah, whether the prayer is fard (obligatory) or naafil (supererogatory).

And Allaah is the Source of Strength

:salam2:
Thank you Sister. :)

Yousuf.

I would like to add, that at the time of the Messenger (Saaw), Most Arabs used to take naps at noon, and the after noon, and up to this day some still do..:)

Bless you all.

:salam2:
So Akhi, i take it that it is not wrong if i were to read out aloud during whatever prayer timings or rakaahs or if its the fard or not right? for Zuhur and Asr' prayers also provided that i dont cause trouble to others right...

thanks akhi! :)

Almeftah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMeshary
I would like to add, that at the time of the Messenger (Saaw), Most Arabs used to take naps at noon, and the after noon, and up to this day some still do..

Bless you all.

So Akhi, i take it that it is not wrong if i were to read out aloud during whatever prayer timings or rakaahs or if its the fard or not right? for Zuhur and Asr' prayers also provided that i dont cause trouble to others right...

thanks akhi!

Since it is Sunnah it is better not to read out loud, Just to keep away frome doing Bida.