Praying in a jew company

Bilal Ahmed

Islam my way of life
Asalaam Alaykum,

The place that i work is owned by jew, its a jewish company, here are alot of muslim brother and sister working there, anyway when its time for pray at work i go and pray, anyway yesterday i was told by someone at work that are pray's will not be accepted because we are on jewish grounds we should not pray at work insted home and do qaza pray for the one we missed it is more sawab.

Now i alway knew that when its time for pray no matter where u are as long u have wudu and got a clean place to pray then u can do pray anywhere.

Can anyone help me on this so i can stop the person who sayin this and leading other astray.

Thanks you.

galadari

salaam bilal,

i dont think theres ne thing wrong with it to pray in the office even if it is being bought by a jews person. well look say for e.g. u out somewhere in a shopping mall, a tourist place, or whereva u hve to perform ur salah wht u gna do then?? u just gna luk for a suitable place and start praying but do u know if that particualr place is being ownd by a non muslim or a muslim where u praying, well u dnt need to cos thats illogical.if you try find out that the place where u praying has a muslim owner or not,and try to pray in a land or an area owned by a muslim u just simply will be wasting ur time, u wont be able to pray then.... in the time of our prophets sahabi's they have been to many non-muslim lands for preaching islam and many of them even stayed in the houses of the non muslims as a guest while preaching and they did pray there even if that was a non muslim country or area.

n if still u have doubt with it pls go to scholar he may be able to help u out inshallah..... allah knows best.

jazakallah

mohamedqadar

:salam2:

There is no doubt that performing the prayer at its prescribed fixed time is an act by which one gets near to Allaah, and that delaying the prayer from its prescribed fixed time is one of the great major sins,

as Allaah says (which means): {So woe unto those performers of prayers (hypocrites), those who delay their prayer from their stated fixed times}[Quran 107:4-5].

Indeed, it is a Mercy of Allaah for this nation that He has made the Earth as a mosque and a pure place for us to pray, as the Prophet said(Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)and the Earth was made for me (and my nation) a mosque and a pure place (for me to pray on). When it is time to pray, every person of my nation should pray (wherever she/he is)." [Al-Bukhaari] So it is permissible to perform the prayer on any pure place.

The Prophet Muhammad (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) made clear that whoever attains the time of prayer should pray where they attain it

ShyHijabi

Indeed, it is a Mercy of Allaah for this nation that He has made the Earth as a mosque and a pure place for us to pray, as the Prophet said(Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)and the Earth was made for me (and my nation) a mosque and a pure place (for me to pray on). When it is time to pray, every person of my nation should pray (wherever she/he is)." [Al-Bukhaari] So it is permissible to perform the prayer on any pure place.

Salaam brother,

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've never understood people who try to make halaal things haram, especially without knowledge pertaining to the subject.

~Sarah

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
salaam bilal,

i dont think theres ne thing wrong with it to pray in the office even if it is being bought by a jews person. well look say for e.g. u out somewhere in a shopping mall, a tourist place, or whereva u hve to perform ur salah wht u gna do then?? u just gna luk for a suitable place and start praying but do u know if that particualr place is being ownd by a non muslim or a muslim where u praying, well u dnt need to cos thats illogical.if you try find out that the place where u praying has a muslim owner or not,and try to pray in a land or an area owned by a muslim u just simply will be wasting ur time, u wont be able to pray then.... in the time of our prophets sahabi's they have been to many non-muslim lands for preaching islam and many of them even stayed in the houses of the non muslims as a guest while preaching and they did pray there even if that was a non muslim country or area.

n if still u have doubt with it pls go to scholar he may be able to help u out inshallah..... allah knows best.

jazakallah

Of course you are right you can pray anywhere, as long as it's clean and you have wudu......seems this person has a problem with Jewish people, maybe there a little racist.....:astag:

suumaya

Salaam
The earth belong to Allah not Jews, so you can pray anywhere as long as it's clean.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

For the bro who gave fatwa that we should not pray on a land owned by a jew

ADMIN: Maududi's Tafsir is not good..

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

The brothers and sisters answers were important indeed. I remember stories of the Prophet (PBUH) used to pray during the war, where ones life is in great danger, yet our prophet (PBUH) and the companions (RA) performed Salat. It is a 'must' to perform Salat prescribed fixed time unless you over slept, or totally forgotton to perform Salat.

We learn from the Traditions that the Commandment about salat during war time was given on the occasion of Zat-ur-Riqa'a an expedition. From this we conclude that the discourse containing v. 102 was revealed on that occasion.

In such cases they were allowed to cleanse themselves with pure earth and to shorten the salat or to offer the "Salat of Fear" when they were faced with danger.

The permission about tayammum(the performance of ablutions with pure dust in case no water be available) was given during the Bani-al-Mustaliq expedition. Therefore the probable period of the revelation of the discourse containing v. 43.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Asalaam Alaykum,

yesterday i was told by someone at work that are pray's will not be accepted because we are on jewish grounds we should not pray at work insted home and do qaza pray for the one we missed it is more sawab.

Thanks you.

salaam alikom

I think brother and sisters already answered you with good answers but my question to this brother who told you this... ask him where did he get this fatwa, Beside jew are human being like us ... and if he have a lot of concern he need to quit his job..

Subhan Allah where do the people get these ideas Knowledge is really a blessing from Allah s.w.t

May Allah guide him..

salam alikom

Musulmanin

jewish places.

Assalam Alleikum

Muslims even pray in synagogues, if they have to. Some masjids used to be synagogues.

wasalam.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

You can pray anywhere, but not in dirty place or in a Church / temple etc.

- So, if you have permission to pray in a Building that is Just OWNED by a Jewish person or by a Christian, that doesnt mean your prayer is not accepted. It is just an office.

wasalam

Musulmanin

salam

You can pray anywhere, but not in dirty place or in a Church / temple etc.

- So, if you have permission to pray in a Building that is Just OWNED by a Jewish person or by a Christian, that doesnt mean your prayer is not accepted. It is just an office.

wasalam

I heard of many cases when muslims prayed in Churches. Some churches even offer muslims a place for worship, if muslims need to pray during reconstuction of a masjid.

mohsofi_abdullah

Just try not to pray in public, because that will cause a major havoc, i.e., "they are praying before they bomb themselves, get the SWAT team, now!!!!!"...
lol