praying to a small stone????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MubarekMuslimah

Assalaamu alaikum my brothers and sisters :)

I just prayed Maghrib prayer in the prayer area at work alhamdulillah and I saw this lady praying there who was praying with a small circular stone on her mat and every time she woulD go down in sajda she toucher her forehead to this, she was praying to it ( insha'allah not in the sense of worship to it but some other reason I hope) .......can anyone explain what she was doing please? was this Sunnah and if so what are the evidences for it? was she Sunni or Shia? I am Sunni and never heard of this/seen this before. I had to rush back and so coudn't stick around to ask plus not sure if I would offend her??

Salaams

Ayep

:salam2: sister,

Mayb you should take a better look next time when you see her praying. It could be her belongings or other stuff like her pet rock(just kidding).

It's better to be sure because it is not good to pass the wrong the judgement. It could mean alot of things but I am not commenting anything till it is for sure.

Allah knows best.
:wasalam:

Authman

Shia

:salam2:

brother this is the shia sect

they have many shirk ascpects in there beliefs
some that actaully make them leave islam

they hate the prophets(pbuh) wife ayisha (raa) and hate abu baker and omar
they make tawaf around huseins grave,they think Ali(Raa)is the one who is going to tell you if you are amongts the people of jannat or naar:astag:

I have videos of there ulama saying this and you can find alot no youtube.com

May Allah return them to the true islam(pure monotheism)

wasalam u aleykum

Ameen

dna1987

Muslim Guy
She is shia.

I was praying zohur the other day at the uni mosque, and a brother came in and stood next to me with a leaf, which he placed on the prayer mat exactly where he would put his forehead during sujood. Yup.

madinatunnabi

Not praying to the stone

Assalamualaikum Sister,

1) If the woman you saw praying is Shia - which is probably more likely than that the object you saw having been her pet rock - then she was not praying "to" the object, just "with" it.

Shia believe that it is preferable to pray on a natural surface - something created by God and not man. So instead of synthetic prayer rugs, they favor ones made of grass, bamboo or straw or natural fabrics.

They use small clay pieces ("seals") to pray on as well. They have the dual purpose of being made of a natural substance and also usually are made from earth taken from Karbala where Prophet Muhammad (saws)'s grandson (who they consider to have been one of their Imams and anyway, worthy of reverance by virtue of the fact that he was a direct descendant of the Prophet [saws]) was killed.

Sometimes the clay pieces are actually imbedded in a prayer rug.

The idea is that they are reminded of this tragedy every time they pray.

The object itself is NOT AN OBJECT OF WORSHIP.

When Ithna Ashari Shia (the majority group among the Shia - Iranians and most Lebanese Shia belong to this group) pray, they are praying to God alone, though it is my understanding that they often include more elaborate prayers for the Prophet (saws) and his family in the dua portions of the prayer than Sunnis do/would.

If she was Shia, you may have noticed her praying somewhat differently as well. Instead of folding her arms as she stood she may have just let them hang straight. This posture is allowed in Shia schools of law and also in the Maliki (Sunni) school of law. But she also could have been praying with folded arms - folded arms for Shia are optional.

2) Another possibility is that the sister was simply using a stone as a sutrah (a marker of her prayer space). Both Sunnis and Shia follow this practice.

The idea is that by placing a marker in front of where you are praying you are designating for other worshippers the area in which it is not okay to walk through/cross.

This is supposed to eliminate that phenomenon you see at jumah when it is crowded where people step in front of (within inches) people who are still praying.

(INSHA)
:hijabi:

madinatunnabi

Salaams,

Regarding the leaf - that goes to what I was saying about Shia preferring to pray on a natural object or surface.

If they do not have a prayer rug made out of a natural substance, a clay seal or a wood or earthen floor (e.g. the space, as is the case in many masajid, is carpeted) they will bring along another natural object to pray on - like a leaf - apparently even a piece of paper will do in a pinch.

I don't know what the rationale behind this practice is. Certainly the argument can be made that the Prophet (saws) always prayed on natural surfaces - but then there would not have been many other options in his day and given where and how he lived.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
When Ithna Ashari Shia (the majority group among the Shia - Iranians and most Lebanese Shia belong to this group) pray, they are praying to God alone, though it is my understanding that they often include more elaborate prayers for the Prophet (saws) and his family in the dua portions of the prayer than Sunnis do/would.
:hijabi:

Asslamau alaykum,

this is not correct.

Shia call upon and make Dua to Ali and ask him for help, they also call upon their various Saints for help. And of course they glorify to the extent of worship their 12 "infallible" imams. Hence, they called Ithna Ashara

Shia in Lebanon and elsewhere ALL Curse the Sahaba, they do it in their prayers, and of course they deny it afterwards. It is part of their belief to lie.

They claim to be those beloved to the Prophet and his family, yet they do not follow the Prophet's hadith. They have their own books. They do not give any Salat or Salam upon the Sahaba. We say, Salatuh wa Salam ala Rasulilah wa alaa alihi wa Sahbihi wa Salam. They remove the Sahbih.

Their prayers and their actions such as whipping themselves, mutilating themselves, their various celebrations, their maltreatment of women by temporary marriage, their special days, their pilgrimage to various Shrines has nothing to do with Islam. There is no evidence for them.

Wasalam

:salam2:
Shiâ (baha'iya) say too that Omar ibn al Khattab Radia Allaho 'Anho was an homosexual astaghfiro Allah :astag:
They insult Abu Bakr Radia Allaho 'Anho and Aicha Radia Allaho 'Anha too
in one of their rituals they take an ewe and they write on it Aicha and they knock knives on it.
Furthermore they say that the Quran was falsified :astag:
Wa Allaho A'lam
:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.