pregnancy and duas

friend263

Assalamualiakum warehmatullahi wa barakatahu sisters and brothers I am 4months pregnent and very much overweight I'm very concern and worried as when I visited my doc she told me that there will be many complications during my delivery I am very scared and hence I was serching for some special duas while and after pregnancy also when I was serching on net I came accross a site where there where special duas and surahs given to be recited in every each month of pregnancy and also there was something written as a pregnant women has to take ghusl for 40weeks of her pregnancy on fridays specially is this true also it was written that we have to recite surah maryam for 40 days and surah nahl for somre special days .... I dnt knw what to da is all this true???also if there are some special duas to pplzz letekwadormeber me in your duas... in need of it

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear sister,

I have never heard about the ghusl to be taken for 40 weeks of pregnancy. It seems a bit 'extreme' to me, Allahu 'alam. Always check the source of what you read and learn inshallah.

Sister, Allah has decided to give you a baby inshallah, overweight or not, it was your time, He is the planner so don't stress, this is your Qadr, alhamdulillah. But do try to eat healthy inshallah! Our body has rights during and after pregnancy mashallah.

About the duas, we mentioned them in this thread:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90268

make dua inshallah cause with His help, everything is possible!

jazakillahu khayran

ouddene bouziane

we ask God sincerely to help you and to make it easy
allahomma yesser amraha waj.el hamlaha berden wa salam
by the permission of Allah. your pragnancy will go on easilly and peacefully
just try to be close to Allah all the time.

Precious Star

Assalamualiakum warehmatullahi wa barakatahu sisters and brothers I am 4months pregnent and very much overweight I'm very concern and worried as when I visited my doc she told me that there will be many complications during my delivery I am very scared and hence I was serching for some special duas while and after pregnancy also when I was serching on net I came accross a site where there where special duas and surahs given to be recited in every each month of pregnancy and also there was something written as a pregnant women has to take ghusl for 40weeks of her pregnancy on fridays specially is this true also it was written that we have to recite surah maryam for 40 days and surah nahl for somre special days .... I dnt knw what to da is all this true???also if there are some special duas to pplzz letekwadormeber me in your duas... in need of it

Dear sister,

congratulations on your pregnancy!

Allah has given us the tools we need. We have to work to achieve blessings. He helps us in our work, if it is in our destiny to have success. We cannot just sit back and make dua (I'm not suggesting that you are doing that, I just thought it would be worthwhile to mention). Allah SWT has created this world as the world of cause-and-effect. However, he gives us the power of free will so that we can take positive action when necessary -- and He will help us in our endeavours if He so destines it!

While it is too late for you to lose weight, it is not too late for you to be as proactive as possible in managing your health and the baby's health during yor pregnancy. Why don't you consult with a dietician or nutritionist who specializes in women who are pregnant? They may be able to tell you the right diet and exercise combination that will minimize the risks to your baby, keep your blood pressure and glucose levels stable, etc. Also, ask your doctor for advice and be sure to follow all of her recommendations.

And, you now know that if you want to get pregnant again in the future, be sure that you have tried to maintain a healthy weight and exercise before trying to get pregnant.

May Allah help you in your endeavours and give you a healthy baby!